Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 8th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 8th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AllisonBerryman
06.08.2012 , 11:05 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

Please discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!

psi_overtake
06.08.2012 , 11:35 AM | #2
Normally I'm very happy to see any kind of communication where questions are being answered, but... there really wasn't all that much there of use =/
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

BenjaminminU
06.08.2012 , 11:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
Normally I'm very happy to see any kind of communication where questions are being answered, but... there really wasn't all that much there of use =/
Agree with this, its like the devs picked the easiest questions again, rather than questions that people want answering.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

ThiborF
06.08.2012 , 11:52 AM | #4
I know it's a back-burner priority but, when you get around to considering what was discussed in the following Q/A I have a suggestion.

"Elperzon: Will we ever be given the chance to 'forget' schematics we know? For example, I can make the base item, the 3 upgraded version (crit, power, def), and some of their upgraded versions (alacrity, surge, etc). That makes for a ton of schematics for a single item. I would love to be able to forget the base item schematic if I have the upgraded version I like/want.

Damion: This is, in fact, something that we've thought about and might implement at some point. However, it's mostly a nice cleanup thing and is behind other priorities at the moment."

On the crafting crew skill windows, why not give us filters similar to what are used on item database sites for MMOs. In other words allow us to specify a level range, one or more item quality designations (ie. could select just artifact OR prototype and artificat), slot item fits (be it mod, enhancement, etc. or chest, head, etc.) , what stat(s) item should include and armor weight (light, medium, heavy.) User populates some or all of those things and clicks a [FILTER] button and the list shrinks to just those items. So whether you want to see just prototype mods between the levels of 45-50 that your CyberTech knows or all medium protoype & artifact chest pieces with Aim on them that your ArmorTech can make, you could do that.

No need to "forget" schematics if we have a way to filter the list we have.

noodlenoodle
06.08.2012 , 12:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ThiborF View Post
No need to "forget" schematics if we have a way to filter the list we have.
Except the devs have hardcoded in a limit that's evidently very hard to change. So there's a finite number of recipes your character can know.

Cheesy_Blasters
06.08.2012 , 12:36 PM | #6
Really pleased to see that I'll have the option to purchase Exotech Stims and Adrenal schematics in 1.3. As a player who's been raiding HMs since February, I've seen 1 adrenal schematic drop, ever. I still wish the base drop-rate would have been increased earlier, to make these schematics "acquirable" while running the relevant content -- but I'm just glad that come 1.3 I'll actually be able to learn them (finally!) Thanks BW =)

JeramieCrowe
06.08.2012 , 01:38 PM | #7
*sigh*

Come on, BioWare, we really need some information, *any* information, on what you're doing on the open-world PvP revamp. Seriously, ANYTHING. It doesn't even have to be any real details, just a design intent, or a list of design ideas you're considering, or a goal of some kind.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Kandel
06.08.2012 , 02:41 PM | #8
I think the question about the presence stat was asking about its usefulness on companions not for companions. I could be wrong but that was where I thought the player was going with it. Good question too.

JeramieCrowe
06.08.2012 , 02:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Agree with this, its like the devs picked the easiest questions again, rather than questions that people want answering.
Yes. Lots of 1.3 questions because the Q&A thread was posted before it was announced that 1.3 was coming to PTS.

That was a bit backwards. Now those questions have already been answered by the community before the Q&A went live today.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

gbroon
06.08.2012 , 03:00 PM | #10
Quote:
RCcarroll: I play characters of a multitude of levels regularly and haven't gotten one Legacy Item drop. Would you mind saying how often these are supposed to drop and on what kind of enemies?

David Hunt: Legacy items do not have a specific drop location. Inheritance can drop from any random loot of level 34 or higher. That usually means killing NPCs at level 34 or above, but itís possible for an NPC to drop loot slightly above its level. Birthright items drop from level 46+ (Inheritance can still drop from 46-50). It is difficult to state their precise drop rates because most random drop rates vary significantly depending on what youíre killing. Normal bosses throughout the world have a substantially higher chance of dropping these than regular NPCs.

These drops are included in the Artifact quality loot table. As with everything on that table, the best way to find it is through Artifact quality lockboxes anywhere in the level range. Tough bosses that drop random loot are another option. However, I would not recommend purchasing these boxes with the expectation of finding lots of Legacy gear Ė there are tons of competing items in those loot tables.

Whenever dealing with any drop rate thatís low and random from a large selection, the individual experience ends up varying wildly. The overall drop chance for these is increasing in an upcoming update, and weíre looking at other ways to normalize the acquisition rate of these items.
Its not just drops from mobs that give legacy items. I have had legacy items from the 340 crew skill missions, I recall treasure hunting and slicing which fits with these giving Artifact quality lockboxes but I think I may have also received them from the diplomacy missions which doesn't give lockboxes.