Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paltrysum
06.18.2012 , 03:47 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by SocraticSteve View Post
State of The Game: My Opinion2. The current crafting system is broken.When I open my Synthweaving window, I am greeted by a massive list of recipes; most of which are for items that no one will ever want and there is no reason for me to make.
Well, I can't speak for Synthweaving as I have not yet made a character who learned that craft but I can say that my Armormech bounty hunter has made a lot of money selling both green and blue armor items. Sometimes the auctions go by with no bids but I sell a good 60-65% of the items I list. The blues are more popular but a surprisingly high number of greens has sold for me.

Synthweaving, I would think, would provide a similar experience as it also provides armor items.

Game play rewards the main character with many blue and orange items so I doubt they're being purchased for that. I expect they're being given to companions.

SocraticSteve
06.18.2012 , 04:38 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by paltrysum View Post
Well, I can't speak for Synthweaving as I have not yet made a character who learned that craft but I can say that my Armormech bounty hunter has made a lot of money selling both green and blue armor items. Sometimes the auctions go by with no bids but I sell a good 60-65% of the items I list. The blues are more popular but a surprisingly high number of greens has sold for me.

Synthweaving, I would think, would provide a similar experience as it also provides armor items.
Honestly I haven't tried selling many green or blue items. I mean, when I was leveling up the gear I got from missions or with commendations was good enough for me and my companion, so I didn't need to buy anything off the GTN. And I figured that if I didn't why would other people?

But you said you sell 60-65% of the gear you put up for sale? Is that a good number to you? I mean what do you do with the other 35-40% of the items? Just sell them like the garbage loot to a store?

Deluged
06.18.2012 , 04:55 PM | #33
As I was walking my horse back to the stables after a day on the trails I was jolted back to reality with a loud banging banging noise. The noise not unlike severe thunder seemed to emanate from all directions...it grew very dark and I noticed the wood land critters running frantically in the other direction.
It was then I saw it....as big as a mountain, as dark and ominous as a nuclear bomb mushroom cloud...It was too late to run....it hit me with the force of a freight train....just before I blacked out I heard a loud voice proclaiming very clearly.....YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK BY A WALL OF TEXT AND RECEIVED A CRIT OF 200,000 word damage.
Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown

RipperNyght
06.18.2012 , 05:16 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Innocente View Post
State of the Game?
Dead.

Just need to implement a Cash Shop and F2P.

Then, EA can dig a hole, roll SWTOR into it, and cover it with dirt.

Something EA seems very skilled at doing to MMOs.

If it just doesn't put a bullet in their heads.
Cash Shop / Good Idea
F2P / Bad Idea, will kill the game even more.
If people can't learn the more difficult ways of crafting and missions, then please play some other game. I came here because the game looked detailed enough to hold my interest. Like most single and MMO games today are way to simplified because people QQ too much about learning how to use features, instead of just learning them. As for missions. I can not believe I am seeing people QQ for groups to do easy beginner missions like Red Machine that I have soloed already after playing 2 lousy days. The only issue I have seen is combat does need some fixing. Auto target closet enemy does not work and becomes annoying trying to use a vibro or saber.
S.W.T.O.R.
SITH SORCERESS
SITH 4 LIFE

SocraticSteve
06.18.2012 , 05:56 PM | #35
No offense, but if you've only been playing two days I highly doubt you have been able to experience the systems we are talking about. We are talking about the end-game quest and gear system which is different from the rest of the game. And I don't know how much experience you have had with the crafting or which crafting profession, but the system isn't the most user-friendly. And I don't think it's too much to ask that a game tells you how to play, rather then leaving you to try to figure it out.

Saltydogg
06.18.2012 , 05:58 PM | #36
Good post but EA doesnt care. Remember boys and girls this is no longer BW. They sold out to EA a long long time ago. EA made their money back on the game and will now dump this one for their new upcomming project Just like they did with Warhammer. Sorry to say but the transfers are just the start to the end of this game. Further patches are going to be maintence only. All content has been created just like warhammer, they are just waiting to release it. Sorry to say but this game will end up being just like warhammer. EA made their money so why invest more into a game that has lost the majority of their paying customers. Sorry guys but thats the truth.
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Saltydogg
06.18.2012 , 05:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by RipperNyght View Post
Cash Shop / Good Idea
F2P / Bad Idea, will kill the game even more.
If people can't learn the more difficult ways of crafting and missions, then please play some other game. I came here because the game looked detailed enough to hold my interest. Like most single and MMO games today are way to simplified because people QQ too much about learning how to use features, instead of just learning them. As for missions. I can not believe I am seeing people QQ for groups to do easy beginner missions like Red Machine that I have soloed already after playing 2 lousy days. The only issue I have seen is combat does need some fixing. Auto target closet enemy does not work and becomes annoying trying to use a vibro or saber.
This is not a mmo, this is a First person shooter with a story line. Very little of it has a mmo feel
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

Shingara
06.18.2012 , 06:01 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Saltydogg View Post
This is not a mmo, this is a First person shooter with a story line. Very little of it has a mmo feel
If you think this is a fps please go onto bf3 as i could do with my knife kills badge.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Enkenon
06.18.2012 , 06:05 PM | #39
More voice overs are needed badly.
It is the heart of the game.
I want a talking cow companion ASAP.

Now seriously....
To me the basis for every good and long lasting MMO is the quality of the servers and the game and the client.
The absence of bugs,crashes and lag(in real MMO situations not in 8v8 multiplayer modes).
If you don't have that...no matter how good your setting is and no matter how many voice overs you got you are bound to only one direction.
DOWN.
(ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZB]]]]][[[[[BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

SocraticSteve
06.20.2012 , 07:39 AM | #40
Well yeah, I mean technical issues are a given. Game stability is important. I still get some odd crashes or my game suddenly closing for no reason sometimes, but it's rare enough that it doesn't hurt my game experience too much.

I wanted to make this thread to point out what I feel are key issues with the current game design. I mean there are lots of things I'd like to see done. For example I wish there was a greater variety in the roles for a character to play. Currently it's just heal, damage, and tank. I kind of wish there was greater options for buffing allies, debuffing enemies, or controlling enemies.

But that's not what this thread is really about. I wanted to make this thread for a few reasons:

1. Point out design issues that I believe are seriously holding the game back.
2. Make my suggestions on how to fix them.
3. Discuss with other players to see if they agree/disagree with me, or if they have other ideas.

I truly hope the devs have read this and have taken my concerns to heart. I truly want the best for this game. I would absolutely hate for it to fall to the way-side and just fade-out like so many MMOs, and so I am trying my best to give constructive criticism that will help the game live as long as it possibly can.