Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheLordMagnus
06.28.2012 , 09:18 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Ivalice View Post
I want to share my thanks as well for you taking the time to reply to this thread, it is much appreciated. I am concerned that the focus on character customization seems scattered. Customizing a pet should be very low priority compared to better customization for my playable character.

Again, thanks for the reply!
aggre with this as well we want dyes we want them ausome useless green gear to be able to make gold sets of them ect my pet dont matter i matter im the one playing the game trying to relate to my toon not your pet that u premade
options plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
his reply was to the devs responce
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

G-Seven
06.28.2012 , 09:39 AM | #142
Great post, but I did not see any references to the inclusion of sandbox elements. Crafting, social interaction and open-world PvP could be greatly enhanced with the addition of sandbox elements.

Hybrid MMOs are the future.
Warning: Game Experience May Change During Online Play

TheLordMagnus
06.28.2012 , 09:41 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by G-Seven View Post
Great post, but I did not see any references to the inclusion of sandbox elements. Crafting, social interaction and open-world PvP could be greatly enhanced with the addition of sandbox elements.

Hybrid MMOs are the future.
maybie when they have a grip on the game engine we can see that
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

Zenak
06.28.2012 , 09:57 AM | #144
Swtor Devs: I love this game, but there are many things you need to do in order to bring in more users.
1. Add more npcs: review sites have said that the game worlds in swtor feel empty do to lack of npcs. For example: some say that courscant should be more heavily populated due to the fact that there is a large city.
2. Add more pvp and warzones: I don't care for pvp that much, but many people do. Lack of pvp really drives gamers away. If you want more users, don't go light on the pvp.
3. Add more (and longer events): many people are saying that your events are too short (the ragnark one I believe-excuse my spelling.)
4. Add more endgame content/raise level cap: many people leave swtor because they say there isn't much to do after they get to lv.60.
5. Make enemies move around: Some review sites have complained about how enemies just sit in one place instead of moving around and "patrolling".
Thanks for your time, and I hope you take my ideas into consideration.

TempestasSilva
06.28.2012 , 10:10 AM | #145
Disclaimer: As noted in my Sig, I am still very disappointed in the 1.2 Changes to BH healing which caused me to unsubscribe from the game. However, that is one tree of one advanced class, so I do not think its fair to paint the whole game based on that even though it still needs to be fixed.

I think Bioware has made huge strides towards fixing the major problems this game has had. So much so that combined with rolling a new healer, I may re-enable my subscription.

Server Consolidation followed immediately by LFG and Ranked warzones (even though I dont PvP) is HUGE.
Probably should have been done sooner, but better late than never.

Going forward, I think they need to focus now on quality of life issues. I know there is new content coming, new level cap, etc., but really the major pieces are here now.

Fix some of the stuff that drives us crazy. Examples:
  • Can we PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, get a Ready-Check? Especially in 16 man Ops, I am so tired of "OK, Everybody jump if you're ready" and other similar workarounds. PLEASE give us a ready-check.
  • Gear Preview. Can we get a zoom and rotate?
  • Hots/Debuffs Need to be easier to see and incorporated into the Raid Frames.
  • GTN: Option to filter by stat. Eg.: Show me only heavy armor with AIM on it.
  • Space missions - Ability to quit when objectives are complete. Nothing like having almost 3 minutes left when my main and bonus objectives are done...
  • Show/Hide Companion head pieces.
  • Dromand Kaas: Connect the shuttle paths. You are telling me that in the CAPITOL CITY they couldn't figure out how to connect the shuttle paths? Every time I have to meet with The big bosses, no matter which class, I have to shuttle to the outside of the city then speeder to the middle in order to take another shuttle to my destination. Seriously? Fix it please!

There are plenty more.
Devs: Please make healing more interesting and fun by increasing options and meaningful decisions. Let a good healer be judged by the decisions they make, not who pressed the buttons in a certain order. Or which class has the most output.

Laurreth
06.28.2012 , 02:01 PM | #146
The transfers made a huge improvement, and especially 1.3 is really a very solid patch that delivers many small things that have been troublesome, but there's still my one major grief with the game: simply put, there still is no PvP. This is supposed to be an MMO, and the setting lends itself to epic battles like few else, so having to put up with four tiny small-scale sandbox battles really doesn't cut it, and got old around April (if you dragged out leveling for a while).

PvE is suffering from a similar problem. Look at the hilarious zerg encounters offered, e.g., by DAoC's ToA. Compared to that, even the operations or world bosses in SWOR are tiny appetisers. Don't get me wrong, PvE content is fun and well-written most of the time, but there's nothing that rouses a lot of people to work towards a common goal.

Then there's still crafting that feels hollow and, quite frankly, a bit like pimping your companions. Send five people to go get stuff, send someone to go make stuff, RE stuff, curse, repeat.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cynnal View Post
I cannot help but be sad about the group finder. While the idea is sound, there is a problem within the server that I am on. You see everyone transfered out with the free server thing and now there is is no one on TerroBlood, the acution house is empty.
I can't quite tell if you're being serious.

philefluxx
06.28.2012 , 02:18 PM | #147
/signed

I recently came back for 1.3 and I am slowly getting reminded about all the other "half-***" features of this game. Would really like to see them get finished and fixed.
Nobody Move, Nobody get Hurt

cashogy
06.28.2012 , 03:26 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by ErinWentworth View Post
Hey Cashogy,

Matt pointed me in the direction of this request, and itís very easy for us to do! I've asked that it gets added to one of our upcoming patches, so keep your eyes on the patch notes!

Thanks,

Erin
awesome!

Deresdod
06.28.2012 , 05:34 PM | #149
Absolutely a great read and review. Some really good suggestions. The gear thing is a little over the top, you understand it if you've raided before. But otherwise good post!
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod

tanksdomain
06.28.2012 , 10:56 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by ErinWentworth View Post
Hey Cashogy,

Matt pointed me in the direction of this request, and itís very easy for us to do! I've asked that it gets added to one of our upcoming patches, so keep your eyes on the patch notes!

Thanks,

Erin
Hey Erin. While your talking to Matt about the CTRL+F thing, throw on the list CTRL+A (I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not...too lazy and tired to look it up, truth be told).......With my Jedi, I have that bound so it casts my freeze target ability, but at the same time, it turns on and off Ambient Sound. Thank's, and Keep up the great work!
∑ịị▔▔▔▔ị[o||||||(ē)||Ξ[\████████████████████████████████ )