Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elendius
06.26.2012 , 08:36 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
I personally think these are quality of life features that would most rival 1.2's customizable UI in terms of overall positive impact on personalizing the gameplay experience.
Provided they don't cost some insane price in the Legacy tab. No haircut ever cost me thousands of dollars, and I've had some nice hair cuts.

Ivalice
06.26.2012 , 08:46 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by MattBoudreaux View Post
It actually is a very high priority. Identity is incredibly important in an MMO and we're always looking at ways to help players better express themselves and facilitate strengthening that identity.

You list some very thoughtful suggestions, and while I can't promise any of those things will ever happen, we definitely appreciate your feedback and take it seriously.

However, I'm happy to let you know that we do have plans for extra customization coming in the near future. For instance, companions will have all the match to chest options (as well as hide helmet) that a player has, and those settings will store per companion. Obviously some companions won't get the benefit of this feature (i.e. Khem Val, SCORPIO, etc. - anyone who doesn't really wear the armor you give them), but you won't have to stare at multi-colored Aric Jorgan anymore - that's gotta count for something.
I want to share my thanks as well for you taking the time to reply to this thread, it is much appreciated. I am concerned that the focus on character customization seems scattered. Customizing a pet should be very low priority compared to better customization for my playable character.

Again, thanks for the reply!

Kirran
06.26.2012 , 11:44 AM | #133
Character Perks!

Why in the world do we pay all these credits to unlock the character perks and they aren't even GLOBAL! The point of having a legacy system is that it effects all of your characters, why would you make the ones that effect them the most be individual!!!? I"m extremely disappointed that the perks you unlock aren't for all of your characters. I just spent most of my credits on the perks on my main, b/c she has the majority of my credits. She's not going to use all those perks i unlocked until there's more leveling to do. It just makes sense that the character perks would be global, b/c otherwise you are spending the credits you need for a speeder, leveling up skills, and buying better armor on all of your characters. Also, and this should just drive it home: if it's part of the legacy system, isn't that supposed to help and tie all of your characters together?? I thought the whole point of a family tree was so they were all affected by each other, not just by chapter buffs and the "OTHER" tab for the characters is not impressive, i've yet to use any of those b/c they're so expensive and do not aid me in any way that i would want for my characters. I was looking forward to the character perks b/c they would "help customize the leveling experience for your characters."

Make character perks global!!!
Kirran

psi_overtake
06.26.2012 , 11:47 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirran View Post
I'd like to second this, but do realize that they're not global so we can purchase them at a cheaper price. I may not want all of my characters to get the PvP XP bonus unlocked - just one or two of them. This method allows for that to be done at a cheaper price.

However, I think it should be offered as an option (at the appropriate price).
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

ErinWentworth
06.28.2012 , 08:13 AM | #135 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
any chance we could customize the "acquire focus target's target" keybind? right now its locked to CTRL+F, and there is no way to change it in the Keybinds menu. would really like to be able to rebind it to something a little easier to press
Hey Cashogy,

Matt pointed me in the direction of this request, and itís very easy for us to do! I've asked that it gets added to one of our upcoming patches, so keep your eyes on the patch notes!

Thanks,

Erin

Jenovan
06.28.2012 , 08:27 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
I'd like to second this, but do realize that they're not global so we can purchase them at a cheaper price. I may not want all of my characters to get the PvP XP bonus unlocked - just one or two of them. This method allows for that to be done at a cheaper price.

However, I think it should be offered as an option (at the appropriate price).
I like this idea -- an option for a (probably hefty) "lifetime" price to unlock a perk for your whole Legacy, vs. per-character purchases. Perks like the XP gains make a lot of sense for individual characters (if you play them differently), but stuff like quicker speeder acquisition? Who wouldn't want that across all characters (if you're going to buy it at all)?
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Laurreth
06.28.2012 , 09:04 AM | #137
Ctrl+something shortcuts get massively easier to use by swapping the Ctrl and CAPS keys. (Some games get this wrong by having broken input handling, but luckily SWOR gets it right.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Kirran View Post
They're called character perks, and IMO, most aren't even that expensive, all things considered. Making them global would devalue them immensely, since a single L50 char casually running dailies and a few flashpoints for a week or two could easily unlock all of them.

TheLordMagnus
06.28.2012 , 09:08 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Good post.

I'll add a few notes on some of the issues:

Customization:
- Overall, I'd give it a 2 on a scale of 1-10. For Jedi, a 1 one would be generous. You can look like Obi-Wan Kenobi... or if you save all your pennies and work really hard, you can look like.... Obi Wan Kenobi.
- I'd give the quality of the artwork an 8. The problem is that we have very good artwork of very bland and repetitive designs.

Crafting (Synthweaving and Armormech specifically):
- Why are purple resources so hard to find? Even blue and white resources sell for more than the items that they are used to make.
- Many high level items look exactly like low level ones. There are often (always?) generic vendor trash items that look exactly the same as what you can craft.
- Crafters should be able to make gear comparable to the best gear in the game, and be able to make looks that can't be purchased. This should have been rule #1.

Social Points:
- A completely fubar system. Very high numbers are required to reach ranks above 1, yet most "group" content gives a handful of points, sometimes literally none at all. The fact that Esselles/BT farming is the only moderately reliable way to get social points should have set alarm bells ringing in developer meetings.
this is my problem with the game as well plus
no housing
ships are static and have no personal touch
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

Mawduce
06.28.2012 , 09:11 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by ErinWentworth View Post
Hey Cashogy,

Matt pointed me in the direction of this request, and itís very easy for us to do! I've asked that it gets added to one of our upcoming patches, so keep your eyes on the patch notes!

Thanks,

Erin
the fact this should have been in the game from start makes one question the powers of management. and the fact its easy further makes one roll their eyes.
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

Cynnal
06.28.2012 , 09:16 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
any chance we could customize the "acquire focus target's target" keybind? right now its locked to CTRL+F, and there is no way to change it in the Keybinds menu. would really like to be able to rebind it to something a little easier to press
I cannot help but be sad about the group finder. While the idea is sound, there is a problem within the server that I am on. You see everyone transfered out with the free server thing and now there is is no one on TerroBlood, the acution house is empty. Now I have eight toons and have got all the crafts covered. However, only three are topped out and can supply the others. But this is a real issue because I cant get things for the other toons. Also it is a joke and I repeat a joke to que up for either pvp or this new group finder. Simply because there is never more than 2 or 3 at the fleet and rarely anyone but your self on a planet. I have spent the last week alone in the black hole. Something needs to be done. At least in world of warcraft they pooled the people for the dungeon finder from all of the servers. Not that SW should copy from world of warcraft but there has to be an answer for the group finder. Maybe you should not have so many server because most of the time when I do look most all servers are light. So the percentage of people playing are servers is not good. Come on we need answers here.