Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
State of the Game: My Opinion (Please share your thoughts)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MillionsKNives
06.25.2012 , 02:13 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Then here is a wild idee,how about bioware actually make us some robes with the hood down ??
You know like the jedi guards on Alderaan.................
My main complaint here is that there's clearly already plenty of models in game with hoods down. Why are NONE of them available to players?!

And I also agree that ALL armor appearances should be available in custom form.

Anishor
06.25.2012 , 02:22 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by MattBoudreaux View Post
This one is a bit harder to do as it requires some changes to our art pipeline. I can't promise anything but many people in the studio want that feature (myself included).
Good to see them letting you post adeptstain =D
Transcendence, Jung Ma
Sranishor ( Vengeance | Vigilance) Sran ( Carnage | Combat )
Council
"The Light in the Shadow."

GooseGrims
06.25.2012 , 02:24 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
My main complaint here is that there's clearly already plenty of models in game with hoods down. Why are NONE of them available to players?!

And I also agree that ALL armor appearances should be available in custom form.
i remember in beta all the gear was modable, but they decided the players were not smart enough and made it so only purple and orange gear was modable. ive been dieing to find a red robe for my juggernaut but the only heavy ones that exsist are green items. there is an exotech thats red but its medium and i would take an armor hit and as a tank that wouldnt be very good imo lol. so i had to settle for a black robe with red trim which still looks good but i would prefer red with the black trim.
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

AFKGCWBOT
06.25.2012 , 02:39 PM | #114
It actually is a very high priority. Identity is incredibly important in an MMO and we're always looking at ways to help players better express themselves and facilitate strengthening that identity.

You list some very thoughtful suggestions, and while I can't promise any of those things will ever happen, we definitely appreciate your feedback and take it seriously.

However, I'm happy to let you know that we do have plans for extra customization coming in the near future. For instance, companions will have all the match to chest options (as well as hide helmet) that a player has, and those settings will store per companion. Obviously some companions won't get the benefit of this feature (i.e. Khem Val, SCORPIO, etc. - anyone who doesn't really wear the armor you give them), but you won't have to stare at multi-colored Aric Jorgan anymore - that's gotta count for something.
so Bioware won't let you create a normal appearance tab like you did for SWG? (and image designing system if possible?

<3 Matt AdeptStrain Boudreaux

MaximusRex
06.25.2012 , 02:48 PM | #115
It actually is a very high priority. Identity is incredibly important in an MMO and we're always looking at ways to help players better express themselves and facilitate strengthening that identity.

You list some very thoughtful suggestions, and while I can't promise any of those things will ever happen, we definitely appreciate your feedback and take it seriously.

However, I'm happy to let you know that we do have plans for extra customization coming in the near future. For instance, companions will have all the match to chest options (as well as hide helmet) that a player has, and those settings will store per companion. Obviously some companions won't get the benefit of this feature (i.e. Khem Val, SCORPIO, etc. - anyone who doesn't really wear the armor you give them), but you won't have to stare at multi-colored Aric Jorgan anymore - that's gotta count for something.
This sounds great, but I have to ask if there is any though to allowing companions access to class restricted armor if they are based on that class? Light and Medium armor is especially bad because a lot of those orange sets are class restricted.

I think it would also help customization if more of the "green" crafted sets would be fully modable in their purple state.

MillionsKNives
06.25.2012 , 03:00 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
This sounds great, but I have to ask if there is any though to allowing companions access to class restricted armor if they are based on that class? Light and Medium armor is especially bad because a lot of those orange sets are class restricted.

I think it would also help customization if more of the "green" crafted sets would be fully modable in their purple state.
I have to say I like that idea. You can work up the style you like to the purple, where it gives you the stats you need now, and the ability to keep it with you as you level. I could see that putting a healthy boost into the crafting economy. There'd actually be a demand for items of all levels, and a reason to bring them to purple. Not to mention you don't need ALL possible variants for people to use it. Got an agent piece with absorption? No problem, just replace the mods.

The one issue I could think of is people using it as an easier source of mods than going to the actual crafters that make them. Why buy armoring from a cybertech when you can just buy a purple chestpiece and rip a full set of mods out? Making it so that you can't rip the initial mods out, only replace them might work.

CosmicKat
06.25.2012 , 03:06 PM | #117
[color=#f9d648]It actually is a very high priority. Identity is incredibly important in an MMO and we're always looking at ways to help players better express themselves and facilitate strengthening that identity.

[color=#f9d648]
Thank you. This is the best post from a game "rep" that I have read in years. The first sentence of it says more about how you "get" the MMO audience than anything official I have read on these boards.

llesna
06.25.2012 , 03:15 PM | #118

That's good to know.

Could you please also advise on:

1) A toggle for the helmet audio distortion for players and companions, so we can have a helmet without the voice distortion if we wish.
2) Fixing the "big butt" issue experienced by many jedi knights with body type 2 and many robes.
3) Hood toggle for players and companions. (This has been requested for the longest time.)
4) Choosing the colour of your chest piece (and for companions) via a colour hue selection.
5) Giving players the ability to change appearance in-game after the character creation scheme.
6) Allow companions to wear gear that has a class requirement (i.e., Nadia should be able to wear Consular gear but can't; Scourge should be able to wear Sith Warrior gear but can't etc.)
7) Giving players the ability to change character and legacy names?

All of these are very important to customisation.

Meruror
06.25.2012 , 03:18 PM | #119
This one is a bit harder to do as it requires some changes to our art pipeline. I can't promise anything but many people in the studio want that feature (myself included).
I have to say I'm a bit confused as to why this is so much harder. The game can already disable the hood if certain conditions are present (character is a Twi'lek or wearing a particular headgear). Why not just give control of that toggle to the player like we have the option not to show the headgear? Yes, "hood not displayed" is not the same as "hood down", but it's close enough for most situations.

I am encouraged to hear that greater customization options remain a priority. I hate it when I have to dress my companions in ugly clothing just because I've outleveled the nice looking stuff.

Enochx
06.25.2012 , 03:18 PM | #120
Well what about hoods up with helmets on? Like full helmets? I don't know anything about pipelines or anything, but I DO know that this was in Beta, so it shouldn't be too hard to just turn it on again is it? Why did you turn it off to begin with? I want my hood over my kailig helmet. or my destro looking helmet. or the helmet that looks like the leader from Chronicles of Riddick. ALL of those helmets.

Any word on that?
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."