Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Jedi questline

Mr_Lopus
06.08.2012 , 07:30 AM | #1
Hi I have an idea for a questline.
In the movies the young Anakin skywalker starts out as a jedi padiwan but slowly gets turned to the dark side and ends up being a powerfull Sith warrior and the right hand man for the sith emperior....

I think it would be cool to have the possibility to do a questline that would make your level 5 dark Consular turn to the sith and join the empire or to get a real dubble agent that turns to the light....

So it would be possible to have a dark jedi running around on the Emperial fleet..

P.S. I dont know if this thread ended up the right place..

Peace Mr_ Lopus

psandak
06.08.2012 , 08:55 AM | #2
The fact is that all classes could have this option.

Sith could turn to the light side and join the republic (it's not unheard of even in this game).
Spoiler

Spoiler

agents, troopers, smugglers, and bounty hunters could all change sides too.

The problem is the practicality of creating an MMO system that would allow for this. To accomplish this you would have to have a storyline for each class where at some give each one the opportunity to switch sides. From that point on you would need two storylines for each class.

Storylines in general for an MMO was a feat. Creating multiple paths for all the classes might be a future possibility, but I would not count on it anytime soon.

Lionflash
06.08.2012 , 09:07 AM | #3
^This

There are already 8 different stories in the game, and now your asking for 16.

Including the multiple problems that would come up, one big one that we can all agree on is that you would need new companions. Not all companions would join you in your descision to change sides. Off the top of my head...

T7
Kira
Kaliyo
Ensign
Khem Val
Aric
M1 4X
Corso

Katahn
06.08.2012 , 10:02 AM | #4
For the SW...

Vette would swich
Quinn would not switch
Jaesa would switch if LS, would not switch if DS
Lt. Pierce would not switch
The Talz (forget his name) would probably switch.

For the SI...
Khem would be forced to switch - he is bound to the SI unless somehow the SI switching sides released that bond
Andronikos would probably switch - he's essentially a ruthless Smuggler
Ashara would switch and happily too I wager
Talos Drellik might switch, especially if he's pledged loyalty and the switch gives him a crack at Republic dig sites
Xalek would not switch
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Temeluchus
06.08.2012 , 10:10 AM | #5
There are basic problems that arise in this idea of yours. One is for gameplay, which would have BW crafting new stories,voice acting and to accommodate this. Next factor in that it basically undercuts if not outright negates the need for mirror classes.

The second, and more significant in my opinion, is from a lore perspective. Being a DS Jedi does not make automatically make one a Sith, it simply makes them a Dark or Fallen Jedi. You must be trained in Sith ideology and accepted by a Master,attend an academy, and actively follow the Sith code to become a Sith. The Sith aren't going to just welcome you with open arms because you started some guy's house on fire and kicked a puppy.

The same applies for LS Sith, who are generally more concearned about strengthening the Empire and conducting themselves with honor than joining the Jedi. While we do have an instance of a LS Sith joining the Jedi,
Spoiler
,I can't imagine that he isn't regarded with natural suspicion and watched like a hawk by Republic SIS.

To the poster above me who cited
Spoiler
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

Varium
06.09.2012 , 10:09 AM | #6
Does it matter? You can just RP and play your JK or JC to lvl 10 then create SW or SI and RP that they ran away and switched sides and are now on empires side.
50 V Legacy