Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Staying dark is HARD

MouseNoFour
06.08.2012 , 04:23 AM | #1
From day 1, ive always been light.

Multiple high level characters as well as multiple 50's later i still didnt have a single dark character.

I told myself I MUST TRY to have a character dark and STAY dark.

Level 17 so far and every dialogue ive chosen the HORRIBLE, NASTY, MANIACAL responses. The novelty wore off very quickly. I keep doing a few missions/flashpoints/conversations.... feel really terrible and log an alt.

Level 17 is the highest dark character ive managed in almost a month. Im still forcing myself to keep going.

Why am i doing this to begin with? I am doing it because i feel i need to experience the other side of the fence before i can say i dont want to be over there.

Ignicity
06.08.2012 , 04:28 AM | #2
lmao

I have 3 toons with full dark side points, only 1 with full light side points.

Once you max out your alignment points, you can not try and switch alignments.

So, with all that in mind, I'm failing to see your point.

Sauska
06.08.2012 , 04:30 AM | #3
Lol, I actually agree, only the other way around, staying light is hard
The Borealis Legacy

MouseNoFour
06.08.2012 , 04:31 AM | #4
I tried to be ''grey'' on my Assassin.

I tried to be ''grey'' on my Mercenary.

Every single time i kept on choosing light side choices. This time, i am going to start a character as dark, and STAY dark.

Sauska
06.08.2012 , 04:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post

Every single time i kept on choosing light side choices. This time, i am going to start a character as dark, and STAY dark.
You're probably getting in touch with your inner good person, whereas I'm happily getting in touch with my inner evil person
The Borealis Legacy

Asheris
06.08.2012 , 04:33 AM | #6
I found it extremly hard to be darkside on Republic chars. Tried really badly to make a dark JK but the options presented were just...nasty. Felt like stealing candy from kids really, maybe because of the situations? Voice acting? No idea. Endend up being semi-neutral as there was so little light side choices to balance out things made in the past

It kind of flows more naturally on the trooper (hack, you only have to follow orders to boot to get a nice amount of ds ponts ) but it does not feel as rewarding as being lightside on the Imperial side.

Ignicity
06.08.2012 , 04:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post

There is currently absolutely no reason for anyone to attempt to stay "grey'. Any gear that has an alignment prerequisite is either light or dark.

amnie
06.08.2012 , 04:34 AM | #8
I kind of think either extreme gives me a funny feeling.

while I can definitely say I'm more of a 'light side person', I play one of my jedi chars completely light-side for RP purposes and some of these replies are almost sickening. they aren't even 'good' choices, either. (anyone who thinks the Jedi-codex is really all that great and harmonic is a fool)

I'm currently playing my baby sith DS and am not entirely sure I'll be able to go on picking mostly dark. I wanted her to 'see the light' after a certain point in the story (close to the end of Act I :P) but I'm afraid it's going to happen sooner now. lol

edit: I also hope there will soon be more rewards for staying neutral becaue I plan on playing one of my future chars switching between dark I and light I. I bet that will be a pain aswell. haha

covrich
06.08.2012 , 04:35 AM | #9
I must admit sometimes I find some of the things I make my empire alts do are so brutal , but I like teh diversity of it.

I actually am making my BH in general a Good guy. not a pure angel but a good guy.

Sauska
06.08.2012 , 04:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by covrich View Post
I must admit sometimes I find some of the things I make my empire alts do are so brutal , but I like teh diversity of it.

I actually am making my BH in general a Good guy. not a pure angel but a good guy.
My BH is the only light char in my family of chars, and the fact that Mako (who is almost permanently at my side) is in essence a light companion, makes it easier. Just as rolling a dark agent is fairly easy with Kaliyo, who's evilness personified. However, I do tend to find it difficult to let the bad guys go or get captured versus shooting them at the spot.
The Borealis Legacy