Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting community..need help (mods)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crafting community..need help (mods)

Heezdedjim
06.11.2012 , 07:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
The best augments are clearly not in synth nor armortech, they're in armstech. Power, crit, surge and fortitude (reversed power/end) are way more desirable than absorb/shield/presence and at least equivalent to willpower/strength/aim/cunning, on top of being universal.
You would think this is true, but the problem is that all the stats armstech can buff with augments have DR, except for endurance and power. People seem to want the augments that buff primary stats more because they have no DR, and by the time you get to augmenting endgame gear, you have probably capped out or nearly capped out on all these secondary damage or tanking stats with the mods from the gear alone. So the only two stats you're left with that have any headroom in most builds are the primary stat and power, neither of which have a DR cap. Armstech can produce two power buffing augments, but most people will probably prefer the primary stat since it also boosts crit.

sbutehorn
06.11.2012 , 11:32 AM | #12
Aside from the Armoring you learn from the vendor and RE into purple don't plan on learning better.

Mods however are a different story. I have learned 3 different Black Hole mods so far and make millions selling them. The mats aren't too terrible, but I do the space missions to get them, takes about 2 days of doing all of the space missions per mod.

wainot-keel
06.11.2012 , 06:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
The best augments are clearly not in synth nor armortech, they're in armstech.

Power, crit, surge and fortitude (reversed power/end) are way more desirable than absorb/shield/presence and at least equivalent to willpower/strength/aim/cunning, on top of being universal.
Yeah, I agree with this. I sell more easily the power ones than the strength or willpower ones. With end game gear, is a PITA trying to boost your power. You update one piece from Columi to Rakata and bam, you take a hit in power.
Augments will be awesome for this. I like power Though with my Sorcerer, I think I'll keep stacking willpower, so that 6% increase will be really sweet

Abmong
06.11.2012 , 09:17 PM | #14
Oops ranted about wrong subject, post moved (sorry dont know how to delete completely)