Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cover: The Compendium of Knowledgeses

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Cover: The Compendium of Knowledgeses

MMDI
01.05.2012 , 06:22 PM | #41
Can anyone confirm that natural cover is truly fixed? I saw it in the patch notes, but I'm still suspicious!

DamageCorp
01.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #42
As a new Smuggler I thank you
Qojon Peregrinus Smuggler on Drooga's Pleasure Barge

SWG Vet-Qojan on Ahazi
"Never tell a Smuggler SOON"

RaveFlyz
01.09.2012 , 01:26 AM | #43
Is there much difference between light side and dark side smugglers specifically the scoundrel? Or does it matter much?

carbongal
01.09.2012 , 01:10 PM | #44
THanks for your work! I'm trying to love my gunslinger and am only lvl 16. I'm confused with stats though. Aim first, then endurance? Is cunning any use as a gunslinger?

I'm usually heals, and wishing we could rechoose an advanced class. But until then, I'm enjoying the whole rolling around and taking cover. But I find I'm really easily killed compared to my Consular that I'm leveling at the same time as heals.

Skripe
01.09.2012 , 05:21 PM | #45
hey carbongal, for gunslinger, cunning is your first stat not aim. second is endurance then aim. cunning gets u the most for its points, check your stats the one with four modifiers is the primary stat for that character

Gassygunslinger
01.11.2012 , 04:31 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by RaveFlyz View Post
Is there much difference between light side and dark side smugglers specifically the scoundrel? Or does it matter much?
No. Currently Light Side versus Dark Side has no real effect on combat. However, it should be noted that due to a huge oversight on the developer's part, staying neutral (neither light or dark side) prevents you from using Relics, which are a nice buff boost. I believe they're working on more options for neutrals however. But note that the relics you can use for Light Side offer the same stats as the ones for Dark Side. Ultimately, there is no difference between them. Except that going dark side will really put a damper on your love life, what with all the dead flesh and crazy glowing eyes :P
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

robotronic
01.13.2012 , 10:23 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Skripe View Post
got a couple ?'s... i have a problem with natural cover. when i get into natural cover some of my abilities will not work like aimed shot or charged shot. they will use their activation time then when the animation is supposed to go it cancels the shot. and this will happen behind large and small natural covers.
As far as I've heard, Skripe, this is a pretty common bug (esp with Aimed Shot).

I've heard that it has something to do with *rolling* into natural cover instead of just *crouching* behind natural cover. It seems (at least from what I've noticed after hearing that) that if you roll into nat cover, Aimed shot will frequently get bugged and always cancel/interrupt itself, but in crouching behind cover this either doesn't happen, or happens less frequently. This seems to be pretty true from my personal experience.

But hopefully some of the more seasoned Slingers here can shed some light on official dev responses/workarounds/etc.

HTH

AnthSD
01.13.2012 , 10:35 AM | #48
Thanks for the tips on crouching behind cover. I didn't know that green shields meant full reduction and that even though my portable cover was shining into an object I was still getting full avoidance. I assumed it would be animation and icon specific for the difference between the two protection types but instead it seems to be true line of site calculations for whether or not they hit a natural barrier. I am truly impressed.

CedricDur
01.16.2012 , 02:39 AM | #49
I got my first taste of tanking behind cover last night. A cutscene followed by an elite and two normal mobs (that had the HP of silvers) had Bowdar dead before I could start unloading on the elite.

Now usually this is game over, but I threw a flash grenade, hunkered behind something on pure reflex and use a medipac. Then it was like, 'oh well, dead'. What's my surprise in seeing a series of 'cover, cover, cover!' floating over my head.

Hee. After a couple of tries I stayed hunkered down when the elite did his channeling and only popped out when he was auto-attacking. Poof, dead elite.
Leandrea - Jedi Sage @ The Progenitor

100% behind the article.

Gassygunslinger
01.16.2012 , 01:23 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AnthSD View Post
Thanks for the tips on crouching behind cover. I didn't know that green shields meant full reduction and that even though my portable cover was shining into an object I was still getting full avoidance. I assumed it would be animation and icon specific for the difference between the two protection types but instead it seems to be true line of site calculations for whether or not they hit a natural barrier. I am truly impressed.
Yeah, you truly can get creative with cover. Even stairs can be used to get full reduction, if you position yourself a few steps from the top of the stairs. Same thing with hills and mounds.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.