Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

zomg controversy!

Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 04:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
Luke was a full fledged Jedi, He just wasn't as flashy or as fast paced a fighter as the Jedi Order before which had the luxury of being able to study each other's form of Light saber combat styles and stances. All Luke had was what he could find along with what Ben and Yoda could tell him or show him. It was enough however. He was still a formidable opponent for non force users and Darth Vader. As can be seen in ROTJ.

I have a feeling if Luke had went up against a Prequel Jedi in a sparring match he would get his butt handed to him though.
Not entirely sure on that, remember he could learn stuff on the fly from watching others. So if he sparred a jedi knight from the PT era, he could quite well hold his own and perhaps beat the knight.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TheBBP
06.07.2012 , 04:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiskeyGin View Post
/initiateflamewars
Dunno why you thought it would get you a flame war. You didn't say "remake episodes 4-6", you brought a reasonable discussion.
Master No'ja Vace -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 04:59 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiskeyGin View Post
I can see where you're coming from. However, I think that scene was more about Luke realizing that fighting Palpatine with force (see what I did there?) would be useless-- after all, he was the only guy in the galaxy that could shoot lightning out of his hands. I like to think he put down his lightsaber and let the Force be his guide; and also let all that sweet talk he'd been throwing Vader since Empire Strikes Back finally pay off.

Also, I think Anakin did turn out to be the "Chosen One." He brought balance to the Force by letting the only real Jedis left die of old age then killed the remaining Sith. I don't doubt Luke eventually grew into the real McCoy, but in the formal (i.e. recognized) sense of being a Jedi, Luke was pretty much a Padawan.

One last thing, to whomever said that "but he was a self-trained Jedi" muck-- Yeah, okay but I'm not letting a self-trained doctor perform a heart transplant on me. There's a reason Jedi had a training system and it was to keep a higher portion of Force sensitives from turning to the Dark Side than just letting them experiment with the Force on their own (tell me if you were a child with the Force you wouldn't use it constantly to get whatever you wanted-- Dark Side for real). Without formal training, Luke can still call himself a Jedi if he really feels that way (plus as a state-labeled terrorist organization, that'll probably go over really well) but it doesn't make it so.
Luke and us (the audience) didn't know Palpatine had lightning (assuming you watched the O.T. first). Heck we didn't even know he could use the Force or his capablilies. Also Luke is a Jedi because he had the training, sure the training had to be adapted to the enviroment but there were no formal facilities at that time. Obi-Wan and Yoda also both trained him and told him that he was a Jedi.

You are correct Anakin is the Chosen One, George Lucas said so.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 05:05 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
Luke and us (the audience) didn't know Palpatine had lightning (assuming you watched the O.T. first). Heck we didn't even know he could use the Force or his capablilies. Also Luke is a Jedi because he had the training, sure the training had to be adapted to the enviroment but there were no formal facilities at that time. Obi-Wan and Yoda also both trained him and told him that he was a Jedi.

A shame Palpatine wasn't the only sith lore to use force lighting. Would have made him more unique, and really show how powerful he was.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kilikaa
06.07.2012 , 05:05 PM | #15
Luke may not have been a Jedi in the way they were during the Old republic era but he was the first of a new breed of Jedi. Yoda and Obi-Wan realized the old ways were severely flawed, hence they rethought and revamped how a Jedi would be trained to fight vader and Palpatine. This new way was what lead to Luke becoming a full Knight by the end of RotJ. They would have taught Leia the same way. From there Luke continued to search for sources of Jedi imformation and learn from them as well as other Force users.

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 05:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
A shame Palpatine wasn't the only sith lore to use force lighting. Would have made him more unique, and really show how powerful he was.
I agree with this so much. At least he is still the only Sith that can make black holes.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Aurbere
06.07.2012 , 05:49 PM | #17
I agree with this so much. At least he is still the only Sith that can make black holes.
I betting someone else will do the same. The uniqueness of memorable characters from the movies is starting to wear off.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 06:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I betting someone else will do the same. The uniqueness of memorable characters from the movies is starting to wear off.
Lol, just watch the Sith Emperor will be able to.

Captain_Zone
06.07.2012 , 07:08 PM | #19

I have to disagree. The Chosen One from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist was The Chosen One.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Captain_Zone
06.07.2012 , 07:09 PM | #20
Lol, just watch the Sith Emperor will be able to.
Well, both Vitiate and Palpatine can body hop. *shrug*
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.