Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

remake 4-6

gabarooni
06.07.2012 , 05:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
again why remake it when you could just make new movies? I would love to see some Old Republic movies.
I want to see the epic stories that follow Luke after Return of the Jedi the books keep going for another 50 years or so and he just keeps getting better and better!

Stephenjdoug
06.07.2012 , 05:42 PM | #22
SO what if there not good? 4-6 will always be classics. Remakes will not ruin them. The remakes can be for whoever wants to watch them. And personally as a life long star wars fan, I would love to see the original trilogy remade. And if it sucks, f*** it ill always have the original to go back to. And if its awesome? Well that's awesome. And for those "die hard fans" who will hate em just because their remakes then hell with em.

jarjarloves
06.07.2012 , 05:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
I want to see the epic stories that follow Luke after Return of the Jedi the books keep going for another 50 years or so and he just keeps getting better and better!
that would never happen. If they did ever decide to make a POST ROTJ story they would never follow the books. We know Lucas doesn't follow the EU when creating new stuff.

Stephenjdoug
06.07.2012 , 05:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
that would never happen. If they did ever decide to make a POST ROTJ story they would never follow the books. We know Lucas doesn't follow the EU when creating new stuff.
Lucas does follow it a bit, allot of EU made it into Episodes 1-3 and allot references in the tv series.
(name of planets, characters, star ships, and back story dating back to the old republic, there's more but im not naming it all) Who do you think it was that named the planet Coruscant? It was given its name from a POST ROTJ book. (Timothy Zahn i believe)

Second Lucas will never make another star wars movie again at least thats what he is saying right now.

Eventually someone else will have the rights and they could make a EU movie

Also one more Edit Lucas authorized quite a few things in the NJO series including chewies death

jarjarloves
06.07.2012 , 06:10 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Stephenjdoug View Post
Lucas does follow it a bit, allot of EU made it into Episodes 1-3 and allot references in the tv series.
(name of planets, characters, star ships, and back story dating back to the old republic, there's more but im not naming it all) Who do you think it was that named the planet Coruscant? It was given its name from a POST ROTJ book. (Timothy Zahn i believe)

Second Lucas will never make another star wars movie again at least thats what he is saying right now.

Also one more Edit Lucas authorized quite a few things in the NJO series including chewies death
i'm not talking about names and places i'm talking about events. Think of how much of the EU was ignored when he made the prequels and the clone wars. He completely changed characters back stories.

oh and Lucas didn't authorize Chewies death

Quote:
SS (Shelly Shapiro, Editorial director, Del Ray Books):
We didnít get Georgeís permission to kill Chewie in particular: Chewie was simply not one of the characters George said we could not kil

as for the movies Lucas also said even after he dies there is to be no movies that take place after ROTJ. So we could get some movies from the Old Republic era just not after ROTJ.

Captain_Zone
06.07.2012 , 06:52 PM | #26
To the OP:

No. Please for the love of The Force, NO. It's enough. More than enough. How you can talk to a new gen SW fan and they actually believe that Greedo shot first, or that Hayden Christensen was always in the final scene of RotJ, etc. etc.

It was bad enough that I had to take my DVD remastered recordings of my old CBS/FOX VHS tapes to work for a coworker to watch and see how they were originally. Even he preferred them to the latest re-releases that were the first time he had ever watched the OT.

George lost the magic, man. His "improvements" only improved one thing, artistically. Obi-Wan flubbing Chewie's name in the original OT. "Chewbassa"
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Aximand
06.07.2012 , 06:58 PM | #27
Not unless you know of someone that's stashed away clones of the original cast.

Knowing Star Wars fans, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has.
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Captain_Zone
06.07.2012 , 07:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Not unless you know of someone that's stashed away clones of the original cast.

Knowing Star Wars fans, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has.
*hides my hot clone of a young Carrie Fisher*

>.>

<.<

. OPOD

Captain_Zone
06.07.2012 , 07:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Stephenjdoug View Post

You are correct, sir. Tim Zahn did name Coruscant. Btw, don't let anyone tell you that post-RotJ C-Canon isn't C-Canon just because it's not George's vision. C-Canon is the vision of the other authors in the Expanded Universe. If you hear that post-RotJ isn't C-Canon, it's an attempt to invalidate the entire Canon system set up by Leland Chee and approved by George Lucas. Also, he did approve Chewie's death, just as he approves everything in the Expanded Universe. The Canonicity of the approved material is left up to Leland Chee.
. OPOD

Tuscad
06.07.2012 , 07:36 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
*hides my hot clone of a young Carrie Fisher*

>.>

<.<

I thought I ran into a young looking Carrie Fisher the other day....
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade