remake 4-6

gabarooni

If your against the idea just don't watch them. I love the classics but I would love to see them in a more modern light. I would love it if Luke was powerful on screen and Darth actually seemed like a threat. It would be great to get new actors filling the iconic roles so we could use them to make some of the amazing stories they have following Return come to the big screen. I love star wars that's why I would love to see it redone and expanded. 4-6 redone with modern graphics epic fights and expanded lore would be awesome imo. I never understood the mind set of not wanting the movies u love reimagined and redone in a modern light. The classics will still be there and if your against the idea no one is going to force you to watch the new versions.

You are out of your everluvin' mind. The practical effects is what helps make them incredible. 30 years later they still stand up as great special effects. They feel more real than the CGI'd films do.

I am confident that this will never happen. The closest that you are going to get is the conversion to 3D. Episode IV in 3D will hit the theater in two and a half years or so.

NO, because you just cannot remake certain movies and have them be good, so...no no remakes of them. Besides, its not even going to be possible to do so till almost 100 years after GL dies due to copywrite laws. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

it's best not to remake good movies as they tend to end up worse then the originals. Look at the remake of Psycho it sucks compared to the original and it's a shot for shot remake.

Now the new Total Recall looks pretty good but only because it is different then the original. They seem to be taking a different aproach to it.

As for your suggestions how does Darth Vader not seem like a threat already??? He goes around force choking everyone. Luke is perfect as he is powerful but not over powerful like the Jedi in the Prequels.

As others said the effects more then stand up to what we have today.

If they are going to do a new Star Wars film I would much rather have it be a NEW star wars movie instead of just a remake.

A remake is out of the question until Star Wars dies down and maybe 40 to 30 years from then, some Up and Comer comes and does a remake.

Personally all I would like to see is Good CGI to clean up certain effects, where it's not as noticable or obvious....like George's CGI....which I got to say....looks a little clumsy now compared today's CGI.

Edited by CassusVerda

A remake is out of the question until Star Wars dies down and maybe 40 to 30 years from now, some Up and Comer comes and does a remake.

Personally all I would like to see is Good CGI to clean up certain effects, where it's not as noticable or obvious....like George's CGI....which I got to say....looks a little clumsy now compared today's CGI.

100 years, not 30 or 40. Also Star Wars won't ever die down, its too much apart of culture to just die. Its like Disney, its never going to go away.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

100 years, not 30 or 40. Also Star Wars won't ever die down, its too much apart of culture to just die. Its like Disney, its never going to go away.

I had fixed it. I meant 30 to 40 Years after it dies down which could be 100 years from now or 60.

I have to admit, after seeing the ending of Episode III with Tarkin and the Star Destroyers in glitzy new graphics, I did think what the prequels would be like if they remade them with today's graphics.

To be honest, it would probably be the same thing, but with better fight scenes, better special effects and a heap of CGI characters. Plus, the actress playing Leia would be completely plastic, knowing modern actresses. As intresting as it may be, they may as well just make more movies about a different time period.

I have to admit, after seeing the ending of Episode III with Tarkin and the Star Destroyers in glitzy new graphics, I did think what the prequels would be like if they remade them with today's graphics.

To be honest, it would probably be the same thing, but with better fight scenes, better special effects and a heap of CGI characters. Plus, the actress playing Leia would be completely plastic, knowing modern actresses. As intresting as it may be, they may as well just make more movies about a different time period.

You know, hes talking about remaking 4-6 not 1-3 right?

You know, hes talking about remaking 4-6 not 1-3 right?

But the other guy was talking about the scene at the end of Revenge of the Sith where Vader approached Tarkin on the bridge of a star destroyer overseeing the original death star's construction. That aside, oh god no don't give Lucas anymore horrible ideas, if he remakes them with new actors we'll get Channing Tatum as Luke, Justin Bieber as Han and Khloe Kardashian as Chewie...

But the other guy was talking about the scene at the end of Revenge of the Sith where Vader approached Tarkin on the bridge of a star destroyer overseeing the original death star's construction. That aside, oh god no don't give Lucas anymore horrible ideas, if he remakes them with new actors we'll get Channing Tatum as Luke, Justin Bieber as Han and Khloe Kardashian as Chewie...

Ya Lucas won't since he is retiring, and why would he remake them when he was the one who made the stories and got them how he wanted? The OP is saying that someone else come along, and remake it.

Ya Lucas won't since he is retiring, and why would he remake them when he was the one who made the stories and got them how he wanted? The OP is saying that someone else come along, and remake it.

Doesn't need to be GL, just anyone who tried to remake the classic movies with a new cast works too.

again why remake it when you could just make new movies? I would love to see some Old Republic movies.

I want to see the epic stories that follow Luke after Return of the Jedi the books keep going for another 50 years or so and he just keeps getting better and better!

SO what if there not good? 4-6 will always be classics. Remakes will not ruin them. The remakes can be for whoever wants to watch them. And personally as a life long star wars fan, I would love to see the original trilogy remade. And if it sucks, f*** it ill always have the original to go back to. And if its awesome? Well that's awesome. And for those "die hard fans" who will hate em just because their remakes then hell with em.

I want to see the epic stories that follow Luke after Return of the Jedi the books keep going for another 50 years or so and he just keeps getting better and better!

that would never happen. If they did ever decide to make a POST ROTJ story they would never follow the books. We know Lucas doesn't follow the EU when creating new stuff.

that would never happen. If they did ever decide to make a POST ROTJ story they would never follow the books. We know Lucas doesn't follow the EU when creating new stuff.

Lucas does follow it a bit, allot of EU made it into Episodes 1-3 and allot references in the tv series.

(name of planets, characters, star ships, and back story dating back to the old republic, there's more but im not naming it all) Who do you think it was that named the planet Coruscant? It was given its name from a POST ROTJ book. (Timothy Zahn i believe)

Second Lucas will never make another star wars movie again at least thats what he is saying right now.

Eventually someone else will have the rights and they could make a EU movie

Also one more Edit Lucas authorized quite a few things in the NJO series including chewies death

Edited by Stephenjdoug

Lucas does follow it a bit, allot of EU made it into Episodes 1-3 and allot references in the tv series.

(name of planets, characters, star ships, and back story dating back to the old republic, there's more but im not naming it all) Who do you think it was that named the planet Coruscant? It was given its name from a POST ROTJ book. (Timothy Zahn i believe)

Second Lucas will never make another star wars movie again at least thats what he is saying right now.

Eventually someone else will have the rights and they could make a EU movie

Also one more Edit Lucas authorized quite a few things in the NJO series including chewies death

i'm not talking about names and places i'm talking about events. Think of how much of the EU was ignored when he made the prequels and the clone wars. He completely changed characters back stories.

oh and Lucas didn't authorize Chewies death

SS (Shelly Shapiro, Editorial director, Del Ray Books):

We didn’t get George’s permission to kill Chewie in particular: Chewie was simply not one of the characters George said we could not kil

as for the movies Lucas also said even after he dies there is to be no movies that take place after ROTJ. So we could get some movies from the Old Republic era just not after ROTJ.