Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

remake 4-6

gabarooni
06.07.2012 , 03:13 PM | #1
If your against the idea just don't watch them. I love the classics but I would love to see them in a more modern light. I would love it if Luke was powerful on screen and Darth actually seemed like a threat. It would be great to get new actors filling the iconic roles so we could use them to make some of the amazing stories they have following Return come to the big screen. I love star wars that's why I would love to see it redone and expanded. 4-6 redone with modern graphics epic fights and expanded lore would be awesome imo. I never understood the mind set of not wanting the movies u love reimagined and redone in a modern light. The classics will still be there and if your against the idea no one is going to force you to watch the new versions.

TheBBP
06.07.2012 , 03:19 PM | #2
You are out of your everluvin' mind. The practical effects is what helps make them incredible. 30 years later they still stand up as great special effects. They feel more real than the CGI'd films do.

I am confident that this will never happen. The closest that you are going to get is the conversion to 3D. Episode IV in 3D will hit the theater in two and a half years or so.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Old Republic
Darth Krelan - Imperial Loyalist
Ebon Hawk

SNCommand
06.07.2012 , 03:20 PM | #3
The rage such an event would create would be entertaining to watch, I say let it happen
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 03:21 PM | #4
NO, because you just cannot remake certain movies and have them be good, so...no no remakes of them. Besides, its not even going to be possible to do so till almost 100 years after GL dies due to copywrite laws.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

jarjarloves
06.07.2012 , 03:33 PM | #5
it's best not to remake good movies as they tend to end up worse then the originals. Look at the remake of Psycho it sucks compared to the original and it's a shot for shot remake.

Now the new Total Recall looks pretty good but only because it is different then the original. They seem to be taking a different aproach to it.

As for your suggestions how does Darth Vader not seem like a threat already??? He goes around force choking everyone. Luke is perfect as he is powerful but not over powerful like the Jedi in the Prequels.

As others said the effects more then stand up to what we have today.

If they are going to do a new Star Wars film I would much rather have it be a NEW star wars movie instead of just a remake.

Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 03:38 PM | #6
Sides John WIlliams wouldn't like it, and would kill anyone who tries it and John Williams would get away with murder, because he would be doing society a favor.

Eillack
06.07.2012 , 04:03 PM | #7
Me thinks the OP is a certain type of poster....starts with a T.... .
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

thepilk
06.07.2012 , 04:23 PM | #8
modernized is different than "good".
SWG's Last Jedi Senator
Facebook.com/straightouttacomicon
youtube.com/straightouttacomicon

CassusVerda
06.07.2012 , 04:25 PM | #9
A remake is out of the question until Star Wars dies down and maybe 40 to 30 years from then, some Up and Comer comes and does a remake.

Personally all I would like to see is Good CGI to clean up certain effects, where it's not as noticable or obvious....like George's CGI....which I got to say....looks a little clumsy now compared today's CGI.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

Wolfninjajedi
06.07.2012 , 04:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
A remake is out of the question until Star Wars dies down and maybe 40 to 30 years from now, some Up and Comer comes and does a remake.

Personally all I would like to see is Good CGI to clean up certain effects, where it's not as noticable or obvious....like George's CGI....which I got to say....looks a little clumsy now compared today's CGI.
100 years, not 30 or 40. Also Star Wars won't ever die down, its too much apart of culture to just die. Its like Disney, its never going to go away.