Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Pi-
06.08.2012 , 09:49 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by wutru View Post
That's the problem. You just want to farm it for social points instead of for the appropriate intention of it. You want content trvialized because you want social points. That's just silly.
The Problem is the tool not you not me, it should let you see all the groups forming and join the group you want, I am sure the tool doesn't looks at your "ignore" list.
... and there was him ...

thewatcheruatu
06.08.2012 , 10:38 AM | #42
Here are a few thoughts:
  • I wish there were some sort of indication of the relative difficulty of the flashpoints. For example, Directive 7 is a level 50 flashpoint in Story Mode, but it's also a Tier 1 Hard Mode. I'm going to assume that if I'm using pretty unimpressive level 50 gear, I'm probably not equipped to do HM Directive 7. But something that makes it clear would be nice, because I think it's probably true that all Tier 1 hard modes are not created equally.
  • I wouldn't mind if there were some visual indication of how many other people are in the queue. I don't know...some nights I'm really torn about whether I should bother logging in or not, and if I do and I put myself in the queue, I'd like to know if it's looking even remotely possible I could get into my desired Flashpoint.
  • Also, some indication of which roles are queued. If I have a level 50 DPS Juggernaut and a level 50 healer Sorcerer and I notice the queues are light on healers, I might want to log in my healer.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation

FuulishOne
06.08.2012 , 10:44 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by wutru View Post
It's to prevent level 50's from joining a group that doesn't want level 50's in their flashpoint! Content needs to be appropriate for the right levels. I would be pissed off if i always got some 50 in my group for Black Talon.
You're going to an extreme. There are plenty of 50s that haven't done mid 40s FPs due to lack of population. Denying them access is silly via the Group Finder is silly. Denying a lvl 15 from doing BT is silly. Denying anyone from doing any lower level content due to a lower level range is plain silly. You want MORE grouping and socializing, not less.

While it's true having a 50 in a normal BT run will trivialize it, it doesn't mean that the 10s-12s in that group will be unhappy. In fact, I'm sure many will appreciate a fast, safe run with one less person rolling Need on gear. And it means that 50 (if farming social points) might be running BT all day, which in the long run, ultimately helps people starting new characters.

The fringe case of a people not wanting a higher level to "triivialize" their content is probably a much smaller group than those folks that would be happy to have a higher level if it simply meant that the group can actually happen.

Just my 2 cents.

tkinnunzero
06.08.2012 , 10:46 AM | #44
I noticed the very neat new tutorial system earlier. The LFG system could really benefit from having one such tutorial for each boss in an instance to lay out how the fight is supposed to go and what to look out for.

(It would also put another game's similar system really to shame, which is always a nice bonus.)
How is (my cooking / SWTOR's Legacy in 1.3)?
- It is NOT that bad.

Kandel
06.08.2012 , 10:46 AM | #45
May have been stated somewhere but my chat box goes to default location when entering and exiting the flashpoint using the LFG tool.

FuulishOne
06.08.2012 , 10:50 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by tkinnunzero View Post
I noticed the very neat new tutorial system earlier. The LFG system could really benefit from having one such tutorial for each boss in an instance to lay out how the fight is supposed to go and what to look out for.

(It would also put another game's similar system really to shame, which is always a nice bonus.)
Wouldn't that unfortunately dumb down the encounters too much?

Ancaglon
06.08.2012 , 11:15 AM | #47
When the Dungeon finder was introduced in WoW, I seem to recall that Dual Spec already existed, so it was a trivial task for people to queue for whichever role they had the gear and talent sets, and if you happened to enter a Dungeon and you weren't in the right spec, you could, within 30 seconds and with zero cost, switch to that other role.

Here, we are "permitted" to list ourselves as being available for 2 separate roles, but, especially at 50, if you are in a dps role and get selected as a healer, you will need to come out of the instance, travel across to the main space station, re-spec at a fairly major cost -- I believe it will still cap out at something like 150k? -- then travel back into the instance.

Yes, technically that can work. In practice, it won't -- you will actually have people trying to use the 10 points or so that they have in the appropriate tree to do the job of the 31 points, and a great deal of frustration will result.

TL;DR: Dual (or Multi) spec is needed, and quickly; you can already achieve this by giving the Field Respec perk to everyone for free, and removing its' cost.

thewatcheruatu
06.08.2012 , 11:18 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by FuulishOne View Post
You're going to an extreme. There are plenty of 50s that haven't done mid 40s FPs due to lack of population. Denying them access is silly via the Group Finder is silly. Denying a lvl 15 from doing BT is silly. Denying anyone from doing any lower level content due to a lower level range is plain silly. You want MORE grouping and socializing, not less.
I don't think he's going to an extreme at all. If you're going to kill my experience for doing a Flashpoint, I don't want you in my group. If I really want to do a social run, then I can always try to arrange it the old fashioned way--by simply asking. I honestly wouldn't bother using the group finder at all if it were putting higher level characters into my Flashpoints.

Now if BioWare want to code in a "social run" toggle, that'd be fine. But I'd never use it.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation

tkinnunzero
06.08.2012 , 11:36 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by FuulishOne View Post
Wouldn't that unfortunately dumb down the encounters too much?
The information is already out there in YouTube videos and guides, so not really. Having this information available in-game, having it be always up-to-date and having it coming from the authority that should know it best would eliminate problems that arise when someone in the group is operating under information from an old or incomplete or misunderstood guide.
How is (my cooking / SWTOR's Legacy in 1.3)?
- It is NOT that bad.

ChaosKirin
06.08.2012 , 11:44 AM | #50
Add checkbox to group finder:

"Allow grouping with people outside my level range."

Done. NEXT!