Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheIronMonkey
06.07.2012 , 01:12 PM | #21
Same feedback here. As a L20 it only lets me queue for Athiss. What if I want to do BT for social points? I then went and picked up the quest for hammerstation, and then group find3er let me queue for it. So now, do I have to go get the quest for lower ones so that it lets me get in? And if so, where do I pickup a quest for BT??

I can see the problem in that if you have lets say 3 L10s waiting for BT and here comes a L50 that joins the group, that might not be desired. But that could be fixed with a button that selects the levels you want in the group you join, lets say same level (+2 and -2) or any level ("open group"). As an idea.

The other thing is what others have said, it would help me a lot to see how many are queued for what, maybe a second tab. This way if I have a couple of alts I might switch and join groups as healer or dps, etc. You don't have to say who, just "Athiss : xx Healers, XX DPS, XX Tank" etc... so that I get an idea of the current distribution and choose where to go/queue.

And yes, more granularity on the planets would help : after you select the planet, let it ask if for quests, heroics, or "anything"...

Oh, on the go back to where you came from : how would you then turn in the quest and get your social points? I can understand what you guys are asking, but, hard to solve, no? After the FP I want to turn in the quest so it is the right place to go.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

lexiekaboom
06.07.2012 , 01:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
There currently seems to be no gear check with the group finder.

This means that fresh 50s can que for the hardest flashpoints regardless of their gear.

This will lead to many people being kicked and many groups being formed that are undergeared for content.

I hope this is only a bug but after 4 groups last night with only one able to actually get anywhere and 3 that had to be completely disbanded due to not being geared enough for Denova, I suspect this is by design.

Might want to rethink that...
The group finder also incorrectly allows shadows as "tanks" for hard mode and operation content when 1.3 has removed the ability for them to do so without the Rakata gear or better, compounding this issue. Group finder doesn't help us find groups when we have to spend hours kicking paper tanks with 12,000 hps until we finally get a guardian or vanguard.

I suppose the amount of shadow tanks that will be leaving the game when 1.3 goes live will mitigate this, but it will still be a problem.

Odjii
06.07.2012 , 01:18 PM | #23
Maybe it would be a good idea to lock the hardest operations in the group finder to people who haven't done other operations, such that Normal EV unlocks Hard EV pending successful completion of the operation. What do you guys think?

lexiekaboom
06.07.2012 , 01:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Odjii View Post
Maybe it would be a good idea to lock the hardest operations in the group finder to people who haven't done other operations, such that Normal EV unlocks Hard EV pending successful completion of the operation. What do you guys think?
You can't group find for hard mode ops.

Galbatorrix
06.07.2012 , 01:45 PM | #25
I'm sorry Bioware, but this group finder seems really half baked so far.

1. No gear check for level 50+ FPs/Ops will equal frustration and bickering.

2. You can't pick up FP quests without going to fleet, which negates being able to queue from any where.

3. Exit area doesn't put you back where you where before the FP. Which means you'll have some people dropping just to get a free fleet pass.

4. level 10 2+ Esseles and BT requiring a full party with tank and heals.

5. EC being included in the same tier as the other Ops.

6. Planetary quests don't include individula heroics, making it's use very limited.

7. Same server means that it will only work well during peak hours.

And that's not mentioning the bugs people have encountered. These things need to be addressed if you want this to succeed.

My ideas...

1. Add some sort of gear check that will only allow queuing into certain FPs and Ops if you meet that score.

2. Allow the daily conflict quest to be accepted through the GF tool. Also, make the individual quests come through the players personal comms upon arriving at the FP. Have the comms come back up after the last boss so the quest can be completed.

3 Make leaving the instance or using "exit area" put you back to where you were when you entered. In the very least, put you back to the nearest med station in the place that you were originally.

4. Make Esseles/BT only require 2 players of any type.

5. Make EC it's on seperate tier so it's not included with the other two SM ops.

6. Make each planet have a sub category that includes individual heroics. I'd love to queue up for "Enemies of the Republic" before leaving Coruscant, but the LFG tool currently doesn't allow this.

7. I know you won't make this cross server yet, but you guys should probably work on it just in case. 1.3's only real show stopper is the LFG tool. If no one can find a group... well, people won't be happy.

Shingara
06.07.2012 , 01:47 PM | #26
The 1st flashpoints which only require 2 people are not working as intended, its requiring a tank, healer and 2 dps for it to find groups for it. As such the q's are not popping for it and without char transfers working its making testing the group finder nigh on impossible as the traffic going through it is no where near enough to stress it.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

MasterBalrog
06.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #27
Was just playing on PTS and I got vote-kicked from a group expressly for not spacebarring through dialogue. This is a deal-breaker to me in a game so focused on story. The only way this is going to work is if the ability to kick in an LFG group is entirely removed.

Galbatorrix
06.07.2012 , 02:51 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBalrog View Post
Was just playing on PTS and I got vote-kicked from a group expressly for not spacebarring through dialogue. This is a deal-breaker to me in a game so focused on story. The only way this is going to work is if the ability to kick in an LFG group is entirely removed.

I put this in the suggestion box yesterday. They need to some how make a way for people to specify "story run" when they queue. Otherwise, players will either have to skip the story or run the risk of being kicked.

If adding the "story run" parameter is too difficult, then make it harder to boot a player.

Cerconus
06.07.2012 , 03:52 PM | #29
I don't know if this was mentioned already. We kicked a player who had to go and tried to get a replacement through LFG and we got 'group configuration invalid'. I assume this is known, but I wanted to be sure and throw it up here for the Devs.

Commomp
06.07.2012 , 04:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
There currently seems to be no gear check with the group finder.

This means that fresh 50s can que for the hardest flashpoints regardless of their gear.

This will lead to many people being kicked and many groups being formed that are undergeared for content.

I hope this is only a bug but after 4 groups last night with only one able to actually get anywhere and 3 that had to be completely disbanded due to not being geared enough for Denova, I suspect this is by design.

Might want to rethink that...
I am glad I never ran with you then. I had a not so fresh 50 who for the past few months has never had a chance to run with other players, thus I was only geared with level 50 gear for the run. I was playing my sith juggernaught and I was tanking pretty good and people were leaving because it took a while to kill a few bosses, but nobody was complaining about my lack of gear or about my tanking ability. In fact they were thanking me for doing such a good job, and I wasn't wearing the top tear gear. Sometimes games are not won by your gear, but by the way you play your toon. When a group can coordinate and are willing to just strategize with each other, even those of us who don't have all that wonderful gear can have a great time and get geared up. It's people like you that make the game un-enjoyable for those of us who just like playing a game and playing with other people.
CE For SWTOR and lovin it!
There is nothing in life that can't be explained after having smoked a little bantha poodu.