Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alrun
06.15.2012 , 01:40 PM | #221
What is the current status of the GFT tool?

It feels like queues take a lot longer to pop since yesterday. I do think this is connected to the server transfers and people playing on their now populated Release servers.

On the PTS level 50's are pre-forming groups in the hopes that it will speed up match making for a GF group. With the end date set for tomorrow there is a lot of tension in general chat if people can meet the requirements.

Is the sample size of players too small?
Are the "wrong" kind of classes, specs queued?
Would it be possible to give us more time?
What could be done to reduce the wait time?
Did we succeed in breaking it?

NotRonin
06.15.2012 , 06:27 PM | #222
Queued up for HM FP on the PTS for an hour. No queue popped. It is working for other people though, so I'm not sure whether it's a lack of players or a bug.

You should have the ability to see who is in the queue right now.

FlyinSpaghetti
06.15.2012 , 07:52 PM | #223
Group finder isn't working at all unless you group up, since patch 1 the only way I can get in is to group up with others before hand which defeats the purpose of testing a group finder.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

DJAlleyKat
06.15.2012 , 08:00 PM | #224
It seems to be not functioning at all right now. In line solo isn't working as well as grouping with others and waiting. 4 of us were standing next to each other in the fleet 1 heal, 1 tank, 2 dps.... nothing.
Can I haz Wookieburger nao?

Marcus_Cade
06.16.2012 , 03:35 AM | #225
It seems to work fine on lower level characters, but seems to be having issues with putting groups of 50 together. We had 2 tanks, 3 healers & multiple damage all join group finder at same time last night (communicating through general chat to see how many of which class we had & who was queuing for what) & nothing. I then went back over to my level 20 damage: Instant group.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein

KyaniteD
06.16.2012 , 06:08 AM | #226
We observed the same tonight: People who queued solo for story mode Esseles got quick and frequent pops. 50s queued solo for FPs and tier 1 HM FPs never got a pop. Four people (tank, heals, 2x DPS) queued:

- all solo: no pop
- 2 groups of 2: no pop
- group of 3 and one solo: no pop
- queued as full group: *instant* pop & transport

This defeats the purpose of the group finder. I guess it's a test result, but one that makes me hope it won't go live in this version.

And yes, with the group finder somehow borked and causing long, long waits, plus lack of information regarding the conditions under which the titles are granted (i.e. does queuing as full group count? when is the actual deadline? Midnight? Noon? Reset time?) I can understand the frustration. If someone is queued for hours without getting a single group, not because there are not enough people but because the tool is broken, it's hardly their fault that they cannot run 4 FPs within one day under the (vague) conditions required for the titles.
Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. (Surak) Don't think twice before you listen to your heart, follow the trace for a new start. [...] In the eye of storm you'll see a lonely dove - the experience of survival is the key to the gravity of love. (Enigma)

Kaywinnit
06.17.2012 , 12:54 AM | #227
This may have been mentioned before, if so, sorry for the duplicate.

I think the group finder needs an option, to set group size. That way if you're low level and queued for the 'starter' FPs, you're not waiting for a 4 person group, when a two person group is capable of running the FP.

Maybe have it be time based... wait X minutes for a group of 4, then fallback to looking for a group of 2 - for the instances that are 'recommended for a two person group'. It's less social points, but less time waiting as well.
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

alrun
06.17.2012 , 04:37 AM | #228
Parallel Thread:
Quote: Originally Posted by JantjeGroot View Post
I just spoke to a customer service droid. I found this out:

1) The titles are only gained by doing 4/8 queues on a single character
2) The event ended yesterday
3) He said keep up on the news for PTS to see if there is any new developments

I'm sad because I out-leveled Esseles on my level 10 (then 15 character - I shouldn't have done Coursant in the background between pops) and did 6 on him and then 2 on my level 50 transferred character.
I AM FEELING SO Happy.

I mean nobody on the developer team felt the need to clear things up and do a little post on the forums for a week and people did a lot of research e.g. with twitter to get at least some information.

Now that the event has ended they come up with a definition that I would have been able to complete any day beforehand. I just thought the wording was player and not character and using different characters would give them a better sample size as well.

Deewe
06.17.2012 , 01:57 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
A very good idea, I wasn't even aware of the fleet shuttles until i got to around level 40. A nice big shiny icon indicating the shuttle would be great.
Marking fleet shuttles on the map has been asked since beta but it's seen as a low priority convenience only feature by the leads.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
I'm not too familiar with Rift's system, but the main point is that this game needs a reliable system to separate fresh 50's from instances that they won't be able to complete so that the other players don't get frustrated. If Rift's system works as well or better than WoW's then I'm all for them implementing it. I just don't want 1.3 to go live with this oversight because players will get very frustrated.
Rift system is not only a well thought system but it's nicely polished down to the UI and even associated sounds.
For example it goes deep into your talent trees to check to what role you are allowed to queue for. And with not dual but 5 specs and a choice of 3 among 8 talent trees you can guess it's much more complex than TOR.

Compared to Rift system TOR looks like the rough draft you start with.
However the producer has the gun on the head so he's obliged to send something to the famished players.

Still with the feedback, provided the devs implement the requested changes: we can end with a great tool ; probably ending with something even better than DDO. Although it won't be in 1.3. Maybe, and I mark my words, maybe around 1.5.

Jarian_jenobi
06.19.2012 , 08:41 AM | #230
First off, thanks for adding the group finder! Its a great feature to have, especially for those who like to FP grind.
A few suggestions (many have already been noted):

1.) Add an average queue wait time that reflects the mean wait time across the server.

2.) For lvl 50 FP, a gearscore would be a great idea.