Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JeramieCrowe
06.13.2012 , 02:33 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
Fact 10million+ people play WoW, it has gearscore.
Fact: 1million+ people play SWTOR, it doesn't have gearscore.

Obviously GS isn't the only reason they play WoW but it's one of the contributing factors, if BioWare want this game to do well then they should learn from the experts, rather than repeating history.

Anyway this is getting really off topic now, so yeah, how about that groupfinder...
999,999, then. Because, as a WoW player, I can't STAND GS. However, Rift's setup works really well. Basically the same thing only players can't abuse it.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Ryofo
06.13.2012 , 03:09 PM | #212
Fact 10million+ people play WoW, it has gearscore.
Fact: 1million+ people play SWTOR, it doesn't have gearscore.

Obviously GS isn't the only reason they play WoW but it's one of the contributing factors, if BioWare want this game to do well then they should learn from the experts, rather than repeating history.

Anyway this is getting really off topic now, so yeah, how about that groupfinder...
Erm, Wow had 12 million before Gear scoring became popular, and had decreased after it's implementation

ScicleX
06.13.2012 , 03:24 PM | #213
I noticed they added a new lockout timer to the Group Finder queue. I queued up on default settings at level 50 Full Rakata geared and got placed into a Lost Island Story Mode with a Shadow tank at 23k hp, a Scoundrel DPS at 15k hp, and a Scoundrel Healer at 15k hp (mostly Champion/Recruit gear) and the 3 of them drove head on into a trash mob and the tank dropped waaay faster than the healer could keep up. Needless to say after seeing them all drive in without discussion or awareness of gear requirements before accepting the queue I was left with the option of quitting the group rather than trying to kick 2 of the 4 players. After this decision I was given the penalty of a lengthy lockout timer that prevents me from testing the Group Finder for that time frame. Fix this pls.
Officer, CotP SWTOR PVE The Shadowlands Chapter
Membership Application - Covenant of the Phoenix - Chapter Forums
Republic: Sciclex - Le'sath - Alniyat - Shaula
Empire: Ant-ares - Apølløn - Dschubba - Graffias

Nyoro
06.13.2012 , 03:29 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
999,999, then. Because, as a WoW player, I can't STAND GS. However, Rift's setup works really well. Basically the same thing only players can't abuse it.
I'm not too familiar with Rift's system, but the main point is that this game needs a reliable system to separate fresh 50's from instances that they won't be able to complete so that the other players don't get frustrated. If Rift's system works as well or better than WoW's then I'm all for them implementing it. I just don't want 1.3 to go live with this oversight because players will get very frustrated.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ryofo View Post
Erm, Wow had 12 million before Gear scoring became popular, and had decreased after it's implementation
By that logic patch 1.2 has made the game worse because the subscription numbers have dropped 400k+

We're talking about the current number of players, not the all time peak. WoW in its current form has 10mil+, SWTOR has 1mil+
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

JeramieCrowe
06.13.2012 , 03:33 PM | #215
I'm not too familiar with Rift's system, but the main point is that this game needs a reliable system to separate fresh 50's from instances that they won't be able to complete so that the other players don't get frustrated. If Rift's system works as well or better then WoW's then I'm all for them implementing it. I just don't want 1.3 to go live with this oversight because players will get very frustrated.
Eh, it would be nice, but it's really not a game-breaker if it doesn't.

But, yes, BioWare, since you've plainly stated the gear progression model in one of your Community Q&As, probably should put in a mechanism to guide players along that progression, and although you did plainly state it, I still wouldn't depend on players actually understanding that.

Oh, and do it like Rift, so it's not in the players' hands to abuse. Thanks!
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Elear
06.13.2012 , 06:24 PM | #216
In new PTS build, it's still possible to get stuck and unable to requeue. Short story of flashpoint:
Got full group.
1 dps left before start, quickly replaced from queue.
Healer DCed, efter few minutes got kicked and we tired to reque, got illegal group composition error(one Gunslinger, only dps possible, one vanguard with only tank selected, one vanguard with only dps slected)
Changed owner, couldn't even open group finder due to 'active phase'
Vanguard dps left
Could queue again, for a split second it displayed valid group composition, then back to invalid.
We gave up.

alrun
06.15.2012 , 11:24 AM | #217
somehow this thread disappeared from the first 3x pages of the Test Server and it contains a lot of useful information for others / and a lot of what people are reporting.

Most noteworthy is the feed back from AntoniaPhillips with her views, limitations and goals for group finder

Also noteworthy is the Blog entry: A guide to group Finder

Infinite_Zen
06.15.2012 , 01:06 PM | #218
Perhaps the thought is, once this goes live and everyone isn't trying to use the "Default Settings" so they can get the titles players will be more likely queuing only for the content they know they can complete.

Right now no one would dare remove certain FPs from their Tier One option because they fear that they won't get their titles, however on the live single server only Group Finder it would serve you best to only queue for the easiest of Tier One and Story Mode Flashpoints because if you get into a HM and the rest of the group sees you at 13k HP they will kick you, or tell you to drop anyway, and those same people are going to be able to express an opinion about what you did in the Fleet Station or on the Forums. It also means if you are the one player in Rakata gear constantly running ahead of the tank and attacking mobs to get people to hurry up, you will suffer the same fate.

iLevel in WoW is no longer the Gearscore add-on of the past, where people would stand at the bank in and tell you that you needed to be inspected before they would invite you in. iLevel is needed there because you are sharing a queue with people on multiple servers, in my case where the primary language of a couple of them isn't even English, so it becomes really hard to tell someone they are not geared enough for your current dungeon. However, even with an iLevel check it is easy to dupe the system. Players equip non-specc gear or PvP gear all the time to fool the game.

BioWare has said it themselves, that Group Finder is to facilitate getting groups, but it is single server only to keep intact the players need to "play nice", and part of playing nice is queuing for content you know you are capable of completing. Continuously queuing in green and blue level 40 mission reward gear is going to put you on so many players ignore lists that you are going to find it nearly impossible to get into that HM FP you think you are ready for.

alrun
06.15.2012 , 01:21 PM | #219
Please give us a sound on the GFT queue pop-up

Already missed it twice now, as I am Just waiting for a FP and have little else to do. I just want to do the flashpoint and there is no notice for me, if I am not watching the static screen all the time. Warzones are easier to notice.

Also being able to move the window while you wait for the rest of the group to accept would be nice.

Rootbeer
06.15.2012 , 01:38 PM | #220
Want to get my title, but group finder isn't working it seems and PTS is dead. Can you please extend deadline to earn the title?
Collectors Edition Owner
A'saj of
The Chandrian
http://thechandrian.enjin.com