Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

revial
06.12.2012 , 03:44 PM | #191
If you put someone on ignore, please make it so you don't get placed in a group with them in the group finder.

To a lesser extent, I'd love to see this happen to warzone queues as well.

Consequences to douchattery is a good thing.
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech

Deewe
06.12.2012 , 05:00 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post
I didn't read the rest of your thread because you ramble on about a lot of things, however from the beginning of your post, this in particular makes no sense at all...

What about people who have some points in one tree and some in another? How many points do you need in the Damage trees in order to qualify as that role? Is a Vanguard with 20 points in Damage able to fill that role? IMO in some cases yes, depending on the difficulty of the content and skill/gear of the player. Is an Operative with 20 points in the Healing tree able to fill that role? IMO in most cases definitely not, because they are missing an ability which is completely vital for that class in that role.
Is a fully heal-specced Sorcerer in augmented campaign gear good enough at doing DPS in order to do normal mode flashpoints? Come on, is anyone actually doubting this?

Also, when you say things like "should have been in the first draft", remember that you really have no idea what was in the first draft and what was not. You should realize that some things take longer to implement than others, and some things have a higher priority than others. E.g. actually having a group finder that works is more important than being able to choose to teleport back to your original location, so making the actual group-finding work correctly has higher priority.
It make sense especially in other MMO that do it very well.

Take Rift and WoW. Both have queuing system that dig through talent trees to check to what role you can queue.

Now speaking of things that should have been in the first draft: any player with some MMO experience can come up with these elements. They already exists in the competitor products that aren't even more expensive, so you need them. It's not rocket science here.

Celwinn
06.12.2012 , 05:05 PM | #193
Level 10 seems like a good idea but what about your starting worlds heroics?

Would it be possible to lower the Group Finder to level 8 so we can use it? Yes we can ask in chat/bring our companions, but I do believe the Group Finder open at level 8 will help tremendously.
Don't let the past define you

BJWyler
06.13.2012 , 06:00 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniaPhillips View Post
So, some of you may have seen my posts in the forums and might have been wondering, “Who is this person?” Well, here it is! My name is Antonia “Toni” Phillips; I’m an industry veteran who has been working on SWTOR for the last two years, most recently with the Group Finder team.

A solid Group Finder system is very important to us and we have been keeping a close eye on the forums and your feedback. We are evaluating all of the feedback from the PTS and I wanted to take a moment to respond to the most popular topics we’ve seen.

Thanks for all the responses and keep it coming!
Hi Toni - thanks for the update. I mentioned a few of the biggest things that players seem to want on the same page of your post, but I think the two biggest for me on that list would be to remove the upper level limit of the settings so that higher level characters can still do the lower level content as needed; and more selections available for planetary content.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

HeadbenGER
06.13.2012 , 07:20 AM | #195
The group finder seems to be bugged. We tried queing up solo and partially grouped, didn't work.There were at least 15 players waiting in queue. Is there a known issue with the group finder?

Nyoro
06.13.2012 , 08:00 AM | #196
Quote:
Gear Score:
While we may never implement a “Gear Score” system, we understand the need to correctly match players with appropriate content. We also understand the need to match groups with a high chance for success. We are currently evaluating several ideas to improve this.
Why must you re-invent the wheel with this? Just use the same system as the other mmos and profit. The more time you waste coming up with solutions when the answer is staring you in the face the more people are going to get frustrated and leave thanks to the sub-par group finder experience.

Also in regards to Daily rewards, why not make them weekly awards? That way people that only get to play once or twice a week don't get shafted on progression.

I can imagine people will be abusing the teleport system as a form of fast travel. Imagine a DPS guardian queuing as a tank to get a quick teleport to Esseles(leaving the instance will teleport back to the fleet.)
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

Nerifes
06.13.2012 , 08:03 AM | #197
It sucks. It should be exactly like Aion. Have people create their own little advertisement calling for certain classes for whatever they feel like.

deusBAAL
06.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
I can imagine people will be abusing the teleport system as a form of fast travel. Imagine a DPS guardian queuing as a tank to get a quick teleport to Esseles(leaving the instance will teleport back to the fleet.)

There is a Fleet Shuttle on every planet, easy to get to. People are just too used to using the Fleet Pass Skill, also BW really needs to mark the Fleet Shuttles on all maps (including Quick Travel Maps), then no one would even get the idea to abuse the Group Finder for it. (unless you have the goal to get on as many ignore lists as possible)
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

deusBAAL
06.13.2012 , 08:48 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by Celwinn View Post
Level 10 seems like a good idea but what about your starting worlds heroics?

Would it be possible to lower the Group Finder to level 8 so we can use it? Yes we can ask in chat/bring our companions, but I do believe the Group Finder open at level 8 will help tremendously.

Yes, starter world Heroics should be added to the groupfinder, also on every starter planet there is some kind of mini world boss, that only gets killed by the odd high lvl passing the area for later on class quests.

Esseles and Black Talon are special (diffrent), but I dont think they should unlock in the Group Finder before you are done with the starterplanet class quest (which should not before lvl10), but you should be able to flag your companions for it and be able to do it up to lvl15 or 16 (at lvl18 you stop getting xp on a Ess/BT run) Also there should be no lvl gap between the starter FP and Hammerstation or at any otehr point in the lvl spread for FPs on the group finder.
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

Ryofo
06.13.2012 , 09:07 AM | #200
The GRP finder appears to be bugged atm, we have tanks, healers and dps in the queue but no pops.