Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Capella's Avatar


Capella
06.11.2012 , 07:02 PM | #161
Adding the ability to queue for world bosses sounds good to me.
The Sunfall Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Max-level chars: Capella (Guardian) ; Ishev (Commando) ; Thyreophora (Vanguard) ; Auriva (Juggernaut) ; Khouris (Sorcerer) ; Xadhira (Marauder)
Please fix the Zabrak skin tone bug!

Tricky-Ha's Avatar


Tricky-Ha
06.11.2012 , 07:11 PM | #162
I'd also love to see Ranked WarZones added to the Group Finder, that would be very cool & very useful for us PvP'ers who at this point feel very left out of this whole group finder business.
You don't know about me, You don't know about me
I'm a gangster , I'm a gangster
I'm a player, I'm a player

Niil's Avatar


Niil
06.11.2012 , 07:33 PM | #163
It's good to hear you're aware and looking at resolving issues people have with the LFG feature. I would suggest the following tweaks to the LFG feature.

You listed the priority for the group finder as Story Mode, Tier 1, Tier 2. Please adjust this to be based on the rewards. It should be top down for what people queue for in difficulty. Story, Tier 2, Tier 1.

Second, and this is my big one. I have no desire to pick up further Black Hole pieces so Black Hole commendations are worthless to me. I've gotten the ear, implants, and chest now (which was actually a dps downgrade but I wanted to change my looks). I need to keep 4 pieces of rakata to maintain my set bonus. Many of the Black Hole mercenary pieces are actually dps downgrades because they have the tank armorings in them. With the implementation of LFG give me a reason to want Black Hole commendations. Otherwise I have no reason to participate in LFG.

Possible suggestions to address this concern: Give us more things to buy with Black Hole Commendations. In particular, let us buy 61 armorings, mods, and enhancements in a variety of types so we can customize our gear the way we want. This gives us something to spend our commendations on that makes doing Flashpoints or Operations that we don't need gear from worthwhile. Another possibility is allow us to buy 61 armorings of Black Hole quality that actually have set bonuses on them. The fact that the older sets weren't updated to the new set bonus model is a huge source of frustration for me. I get that the tech required new items and it couldn't be easily done. But adding new options could easily resolve that.

MaliksKid's Avatar


MaliksKid
06.11.2012 , 08:39 PM | #164
Well from a technical viewpoint I imagine it would be a nightmare but some way to queue alts to LFG.

If not that then maybe a system whereby when someone enters the queue LFG does the checks to see if it can form a full group, and if it can't it flashes up a message saying something like "Not enough healers queued to form group, you have been placed in the DPS queue at place X (and the Tank queue at place Y)". Then if I want I can change to healer and queue again. If it then says not enough DPS queued I can either stay queued as a healer and wait for another DPS or switch back to DPS and wait for a healer. The choice would be informed by knowing if there are 20 DPS ahead of me in the queue or if i'm queued at 2 in which case it's not worth switching.

I also disagree with removing denova from LFG. It should be treated as a tier 2 operation and share it's reward with EV and KP in the same way that Lost Island does with T1 HMFP's. You don't need a pug group to do it if you queue as a guild so the "It can't be done with a PUG" argument doesn't hold up.

Finally, be really tough on people who decline groups. I'm not talking about the ones who timeout because they looked away for a few minutes and it popped. I'm talking about the ones who queue then decide they don't want to go and decline. 24hr ban from LFG.

And totally agree with the last post about the search order, if someone selects lost island and all the other fp's too they probably want to do lost island since it has the best gear drops.

Am I correct in thinking that if you want OPs you are better just queuing for ops only. Since it looks for Ops first then flashpoints surely if you queue for both it will always find a flashpoint, for example if you have 2 tanks 6 dps and no healers queued and 1 healer came queued would it immediate pop the FP or wait a little to see if another healer came on so you could do ops?

Deveron's Avatar


Deveron
06.11.2012 , 09:37 PM | #165
A group finder that doesn't port me back to where I were doesn't help me that much. I had no problems finding FP groups, when and if I went to the fleet and spammed a bit for them. Probably got those groups faster going than with the finder anyways.

The convenience should lie in being able to go out questing and queue up for FPs to do them additionally to one's solo endeavours. If I have to travel back and forth, I won't bother doing them if I don't have business on the fleet anyways. This leaves me in the exact same situation as before. It's either the fleet and FP or planets and questing.

I'm sure I'm not alone with this and since there's no x-server queue this will thin the player base the finder can draw from. What's so complicated of storing the player location? This really should come with 1.3 not later.

Another downer for me is the lacking planetary mission support. This is where I had the most trouble getting groups and finished most planets with just +2 missions done or none at all. Trying to get groups together for all heroics at the end of the planet's quest lines worked sometimes, but when I'm finished with a planet, I don't really see a point of staying any longer, especially since just doing the solo content suffices to move on to the next.

The group finder should help here to battle the design flaws. Even if it's just a cure for the symptoms, at least planetary heroic content would have been more accessible. But it just doesn't cut it in it's current state and how you've planned it to be for 1.3 and not only for me essential feature will be missing.

Yes, I know, in some future update you'll add them in. I just don't have the patience to wait for it anymore.

Thaed's Avatar


Thaed
06.11.2012 , 09:41 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Here are the improvements I would like to see to the group finder:
  • Allow players to prioritize which content to be matched to first themselves when queued for multiple content.
  • Add all Heroics as separate checkboxes, just like Flashpoints and Operations are and allow the group to travel to their starting point.
  • Add Ranked Warzones to the group finder.

Yes, the same goes for warzones, too.

Yes, a popup sound, does play at times but when your alt-tabbed out, for some reason it doesn't play, even when you have background sound enabled. This is for proper Full Screen mode only, it works fine in Windowed and Full Screen (Windowed) mode.
I know that the Rift tab would flash at me if a dungeon/battleground popped (or if anything happened to my character, really).

I'd love to see that happen in SWTOR.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

Captiosus's Avatar


Captiosus
06.11.2012 , 10:59 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniaPhillips View Post

*snipped for space*
Antonia,

Thank you for taking the time to respond but after reading your post I've come to the conclusion that this current version of LFG probably shouldn't even be launched.

For nearly every topic, your response was "We want this too" or "We appreciate the need for this and are looking into it". This tells me, from a development point-of-view, that you are not satisfied with the functionality of LFG, at all. It also tells me you are tossing a half-completed tool out to the masses knowing it's lacking functionality that will ensure basic operation.

Your post makes it clear that this tool is about to be deployed on live servers in an alpha, not even beta, state that will frustrate a lot of customers with its limitations and problems. Not to put too fine a point on it but delivering a poor product is worse than not delivering one at all.

SpaceGaunt's Avatar


SpaceGaunt
06.12.2012 , 12:09 AM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Captiosus View Post
Antonia,

Thank you for taking the time to respond but after reading your post I've come to the conclusion that this current version of LFG probably shouldn't even be launched.

For nearly every topic, your response was "We want this too" or "We appreciate the need for this and are looking into it". This tells me, from a development point-of-view, that you are not satisfied with the functionality of LFG, at all. It also tells me you are tossing a half-completed tool out to the masses knowing it's lacking functionality that will ensure basic operation.

Your post makes it clear that this tool is about to be deployed on live servers in an alpha, not even beta, state that will frustrate a lot of customers with its limitations and problems. Not to put too fine a point on it but delivering a poor product is worse than not delivering one at all.
That's a lot of assumptions you make!
Are you sure you want to make those kinds of 'accusations' or conclusions from a single dev post?

Rassuro's Avatar


Rassuro
06.12.2012 , 12:19 AM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
As long as we don't have dual specs (and even) the matching choice should have been made on talent trees allocation because class allocation means nothing. BTW Trion uses a very well polished system with a tank/healer/dps and support queuing.
I didn't read the rest of your thread because you ramble on about a lot of things, however from the beginning of your post, this in particular makes no sense at all...

What about people who have some points in one tree and some in another? How many points do you need in the Damage trees in order to qualify as that role? Is a Vanguard with 20 points in Damage able to fill that role? IMO in some cases yes, depending on the difficulty of the content and skill/gear of the player. Is an Operative with 20 points in the Healing tree able to fill that role? IMO in most cases definitely not, because they are missing an ability which is completely vital for that class in that role.
Is a fully heal-specced Sorcerer in augmented campaign gear good enough at doing DPS in order to do normal mode flashpoints? Come on, is anyone actually doubting this?

Also, when you say things like "should have been in the first draft", remember that you really have no idea what was in the first draft and what was not. You should realize that some things take longer to implement than others, and some things have a higher priority than others. E.g. actually having a group finder that works is more important than being able to choose to teleport back to your original location, so making the actual group-finding work correctly has higher priority.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Lord_Karsk's Avatar


Lord_Karsk
06.12.2012 , 12:57 AM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by Niil View Post
It's good to hear you're aware and looking at resolving issues people have with the LFG feature. I would suggest the following tweaks to the LFG feature.

You listed the priority for the group finder as Story Mode, Tier 1, Tier 2. Please adjust this to be based on the rewards. It should be top down for what people queue for in difficulty. Story, Tier 2, Tier 1.

Second, and this is my big one. I have no desire to pick up further Black Hole pieces so Black Hole commendations are worthless to me. I've gotten the ear, implants, and chest now (which was actually a dps downgrade but I wanted to change my looks). I need to keep 4 pieces of rakata to maintain my set bonus. Many of the Black Hole mercenary pieces are actually dps downgrades because they have the tank armorings in them. With the implementation of LFG give me a reason to want Black Hole commendations. Otherwise I have no reason to participate in LFG.

Possible suggestions to address this concern: Give us more things to buy with Black Hole Commendations. In particular, let us buy 61 armorings, mods, and enhancements in a variety of types so we can customize our gear the way we want. This gives us something to spend our commendations on that makes doing Flashpoints or Operations that we don't need gear from worthwhile. Another possibility is allow us to buy 61 armorings of Black Hole quality that actually have set bonuses on them. The fact that the older sets weren't updated to the new set bonus model is a huge source of frustration for me. I get that the tech required new items and it couldn't be easily done. But adding new options could easily resolve that.
/signed We must have a good enough reason to do them.