Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FlyinSpaghetti
06.11.2012 , 05:24 PM | #151
Group finder needs some time debuff for people that decline, say ten minutes before they can queue again.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Glzmo
06.11.2012 , 05:29 PM | #152
Here are the improvements I would like to see to the group finder:
  • Allow players manually set the queuing priority for content when queued for multiple content.
  • Add all Heroics as separate checkboxes, just like Flashpoints and Operations are and allow the group to travel to their starting point.
  • Add World Bosses
  • Add Ranked Warzones to the group finder.

Quote: Originally Posted by Abominant View Post
One thing I would like to add to this is that an audio queue for when the LFG window pops up would be really nice for when you are alt-tabbed or AFK.
Yes, the same goes for warzones, too.

Yes, a popup sound, does play at times but when your alt-tabbed out, for some reason it doesn't play, even when you have background sound enabled. This is for proper Full Screen mode only, it works fine in Windowed and Full Screen (Windowed) mode.

It would also be great if the TOR icon/tab in the Windows taskbar flashed when any join popup came up.

Rashne
06.11.2012 , 05:41 PM | #153
Quote:
Yes, the same goes for warzones, too.

Yes, a popup sound, does play at times but when your alt-tabbed out, for some reason it doesn't play (even when you have background sound enabled).
You can still hear it if you run in windowed mode, fyi.
The Eirene Legacy of Corellian Run
December 13th, 2011 Early Access Collectors Edition
Rashne - 50 Shadow : Andreas - 50 Vanguard : Ceridor - 50 Sentinel : Kara'th - 50 Assassin : Rycerk - 50 Sniper

Deewe
06.11.2012 , 05:52 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniaPhillips View Post
Shuttling to Starting Location:
One of the issues most commonly noted is that you are not returned to your original location when you end/exit a Flashpoint or Operation.

This is not a bug; let me explain that a little bit better!

In the game today, without the Group Finder, when you exit a Flashpoint or Operation you are NOT shuttled back to your original location - you're taken to the entrance.

Although this is currently how the Flashpoint and Operation exit technology functions, we understand the importance of modifying this functionality, especially for the Group Finder. We already have a plan to provide this as soon as possible. The moment we know what update this can be included with, we will let you know!
This should have been in the first draft of your design documents.

Got that you're going to fix it but it was a big mistake not to have it.

Gear Score:
While we may never implement a “Gear Score” system, we understand the need to correctly match players with appropriate content. We also understand the need to match groups with a high chance for success. We are currently evaluating several ideas to improve this.
You can have a server side gear score without ever handling it to the players.

Unless you wanted to avoid having tier 2 and over in group finder. This should have been included in the important points of group finding as it will annoy players either to feel useless or being grouped with players that for example can't hold the aggro as thank when you out dps them.

Advanced Classes and Roles:
The roles that you are allowed to queue for in Group Finder are based on your Advanced Class and not your skill point allocation. For example, if you are a Jedi Sage you can queue for both Damage and Healing. We know that this option launches in advance of multi-speccing. However, once you launch Group Finder you can limit yourself to a specific role if you so choose.
As long as we don't have dual specs (and even) the matching choice should have been made on talent trees allocation because class allocation means nothing. BTW Trion uses a very well polished system with a tank/healer/dps and support queuing.

I can already see players complaining against another because he queued as healer/tank for shorter queues ending not being able to do the job.

It should also have been in the first iterations of the design drafts.

Queuing Order:
Group Finder attempts to place you into a group by evaluating potential group matches in a specific order. This order is matched to the in-game order displayed in the Group Finder window. For example, at level 50, Group Finder will first check if you can form a valid Operation, and if not, it will then check Hard Mode Flashpoints, and so on. The specifics:
  • At level 50 this will be in the following order: Story Mode Operations, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 1, Hard Mode Flashpoints Tier 2, Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations
  • Under level 50 this will be in the following order: Flashpoints, Planetary Destinations

Not bad but maybe players like a different order.

An improvement in the long term would be to let player choose the priority order client side.
Planetary Destinations:
You want more content controls for Planetary Destinations and so do we! We know that planetary destinations are an area of improvement for Group Finder in future releases, and we're looking at more options, like adding directly selectable Heroic Missions and world bosses.
Hopefully with porting option.

Still good to know.

As we form our plan for future improvements, one of the pieces we need the most is your feedback. We are in the process of evaluating potential designs for player-set group size and specific mission queuing, among many others.

What do you want to see?
  • First step: check WoW and Rift and do the same thing
  • Second step: check DDO group finder and make it happen
  • Third round: improve what you have and add companions in the loop.

And before all that improve the UI and certainly add queuing time estimation and player notes.
Also it would be much welcome to be able to browse a list of queued players

Finally, in the future, let players queue with an alt.
It would change the game drastically.

P.S.: thx for the feedback.

Shingara
06.11.2012 , 06:07 PM | #155
Groupfinder requires a gone for a bio or to make a coffee select whilst your in the q. If you have been there for a while and you just need to make a sarnie or visit the toilet its like group finder knows you have just walked away and puts it up on screen so you miss it.

What i suggest is when you tick the box you keep your place in the q but it wont select you as active until you unclick it and set yourself as active again.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Elear
06.11.2012 , 06:09 PM | #156
What do you want to see?
More responses like tkat ;]

But since you did ask - something to discourage people from declining groups and trying to get certain flashpoint at random(and with rewards)

Glzmo
06.11.2012 , 06:32 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Rashne View Post
You can still hear it if you run in windowed mode, fyi.
Correct. The same is true for Full Screen (Windowed) mode as well. The bug is only with proper Full Screen mode (which I use for performance reasons as AMD/ATi's CrossfireX only works in full screen and I don't want one of my video cards to run idle. ).

alrun
06.11.2012 , 06:33 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
This should have been in the first draft of your design documents.
[...]
P.S.: thx for the feedback.
It feels like you are trying to teach a qualified engineer to do his job.

No, they wouldn't look at other games already out on the market...

------------------------------

thank you for the first BW feedback and your thought's intentions and plans concerning the group finder. As it's beta there will be a lot of changes i hope.

If the things stay the same till release I am looking forward to finally run Flash Points. I mean i got a lot of chars that hardly saw any flash point at all.

theworldends
06.11.2012 , 06:48 PM | #159
Would be really neat if the mission terminal could be rolled into the group finder - so I never have to go to the terminal again. Same for warzone queuing, for that matter.

Deewe
06.11.2012 , 06:50 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by alrun View Post
It feels like you are trying to teach a qualified engineer to do his job.

No, they wouldn't look at other games already out on the market...

------------------------------

thank you for the first BW feedback and your thought's intentions and plans concerning the group finder. As it's beta there will be a lot of changes i hope.

If the things stay the same till release I am looking forward to finally run Flash Points. I mean i got a lot of chars that hardly saw any flash point at all.
I don't mind what it looks, it's just the truth/reality check.

Maybe it was even in the design docs and not implemented for whatever reasons.

BTW the "qualified" engineer(s) and more specifically the leads/producer delivered a sub optimal MMO.
Time to fix it. Because there's no other SW MMO around. At least officially.