Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Feedback] Group Finder

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

thebadmf
06.07.2012 , 08:19 AM | #1
Thanks for implementing this.
  • The role icons seem to appear on players at random. Started a FP ok, someone left, it showed us as two healers a tank and dps, with me a Jugg dps flagged as heals.
  • Big problem I have is when you finish the run and choose 'Exit Area' it puts you outside the instance, not where it ported us from. It's really not very convenient since you're enabling us to find groups more easily and do other things while waiting for said groups.
  • After completing the daily, the GF reports that the daily reward has been claimed but it's still green. Maybe that should be another colour as to differentiate it from when the reward is available?
No mouseover control. Awful GTN interface. No Macro's. Incoherent UI. NO MODS! It's 2005.

I love this game but the interface has to improve!

Sparklehorse
06.07.2012 , 08:35 AM | #2
There currently seems to be no gear check with the group finder.

This means that fresh 50s can que for the hardest flashpoints regardless of their gear.

This will lead to many people being kicked and many groups being formed that are undergeared for content.

I hope this is only a bug but after 4 groups last night with only one able to actually get anywhere and 3 that had to be completely disbanded due to not being geared enough for Denova, I suspect this is by design.

Might want to rethink that...
Stop exploding you cowards!

Selethar
06.07.2012 , 08:37 AM | #3
I would ask for some kind of on screen icon to show that you are still in the queue. Right now when you close your social window you have nothing till queue pops.

I also second the request for being put back where you started or, at least, give us a free fleet/ship pass like you do for end of class chapters.

Also, let's not get into gear checks (Sparkle above me seems to be on a crusade about it). If anything, do a spec check. I say it's more problematic to have someone specced as DPS to come in under a heal spot.

BenjaminminU
06.07.2012 , 08:39 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Selethar View Post
I would ask for some kind of on screen icon to show that you are still in the queue. Right now when you close your social window you have nothing till queue pops.

I also second the request for being put back where you started or, at least, give us a free fleet/ship pass like you do for end of class chapters.
The little group finder button glows gold when you're in the queue. But yes i also would like to be put where i started. So annoying when i do false emperor and then have to load up ilum once i'm done, i'd rather just go back to the fleet.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Ryat
06.07.2012 , 08:58 AM | #5
Agree with the gear check, though this has to go beyond just a name check as some of us (like me) pull out the mods to keep custom gearing. An examination of stats is also needed for that.

Zannis
06.07.2012 , 09:09 AM | #6
Not to mention how the system would gauge pieces of equipment with lower level enhancements. I keep some lower level enhancements on if the stats on my gear need shifting. Gear checks are an issue to address after the basic system is in place.

Bottom line, your best bet is to just do the right thing and drop if the random HM puts you into a run you're not ready for. It sucks that you'll have to reque, but at least you won't tick off people on your server.

dscount
06.07.2012 , 09:18 AM | #7
I agree it would be a great feature to have, but today we manually police folks when adding to the group.

Might have to do the same until some sort of criteria can be used that takes into account stats.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Talorra
06.07.2012 , 09:23 AM | #8
Love it so far. But, as the OP mentioned, being dropped outside of the instance instead of back where we ported from is annoying. I won't complain about the travel cost, but the travel time to get back to what we were doing is frustrating. At this point, it seems like we just stay on Fleet and queue - which is hardly different from staying on Fleet and spamming "LFG!!!" in chat.

Also, gear checks. I got a HM Lost Island last night with two players who were very undergeared for the instance. That first real boss is a PUG crusher even with proper gearing. We need something in place to put players into reasonable challenges for their gearing. Throwing a fresh 50 who queued into HM Lost Island with folks in Tier gear isn't fun for anyone involved. Same can be said for ops.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

irishfino
06.07.2012 , 10:24 AM | #9
LFG Tool thread with Dev response: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...88#post4561088
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

noodlenoodle
06.07.2012 , 10:33 AM | #10
Regarding the gear people queuing up for stuff they can't realistically complete, keep in mind that BioWare is encouraging this on PTS as you can't change the search settings if you want the run through to count for the titles...