Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer - dev response summary TL;DR version

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Character Transfer - dev response summary TL;DR version

Desoull
06.07.2012 , 05:56 PM | #21
Great work there

Groncho
06.08.2012 , 06:38 AM | #22
keep it up
this is needed and should be stickied so the community can have a TRansfers FAQ
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Scorpienne
06.08.2012 , 06:50 AM | #23
Updated with new dev tracker info, updated bullet points.

Sauska - thanks for the better wording on the legacy bullet.

Also highlighted the answers to the most common questions asked on the forums by people who can not or refuse to read the information from BW.

Paige

Arlbo_Nabbins
06.08.2012 , 08:14 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by parmie View Post
I read it as there may be an opportunity for a guild to stay together but it's far from certain for larger ones. Members who are not quick enough could find the destination server full.
Highly unlikely. They are not going to keep adding source servers for a single destination server until its full, they will almost certainly monitor how many people are transferring and at what rate until the server reached Heavy but still has some space and then stop nominating new source servers for that destination. That will allow for people to transfer later on without causing it to be instantly full.

The transfer process will be ongoing for a while with new combinations published as the process continues to allow BW to manage how the population moves, they want a decent number of good population servers rather than just a few that are overfull.

Scorpienne
06.08.2012 , 08:24 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
Highly unlikely.
In fact, impossible. The Dev tracker cleared that misconception up completely (I think I sent Parmie a PM with the details.)

There's a number of people on the actual comment thread to either can not read or completely refuse to read what the devs have written on this point.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#edit4569378
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindara
"if the destination gets full the destination will be changed. If you don't get transfered at the EXACT same time as your guild mates you will NOT be on the server with them."

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
This is simply not correct. From my previous post:

"In order to ensure an optimal playing experience for every server, well be offering direct transfers from one origin server to a pre-selected destination server. This means that the destination server will already be selected for the origin server. As mentioned in our blog post, all server types and languages will be respected. You will not find your PvE characters transferred to a PvP server, or vice versa.

Therefore, all guild members on the origin server will be eligible to transfer to the same destination server, ensuring that the guild has the opportunity to stay together.

Please note that we will NOT be dividing the population of an origin server onto multiple destination servers for this free character transfer process.
"

With this information, you can see that you do not need to transfer at the same exact time.

Sauska
06.10.2012 , 07:13 AM | #26
/bump

Can we get a sticky on this thread, please?
The Borealis Legacy

Rogoo
06.10.2012 , 07:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Reenox View Post

They will either do two things

Give us the option to transfer to a RP server....i dont think they will be transfering from other RP servers to ours because of the PVP part of our RP server.

Or they will give PVP servers the option to transfer to our RP - PVP which i hope they dont do. Players that choose an RP option in their server , are a different type of player that would choose PVP servers. In my opinion if they go down this road it kill the community on our server.
Or they will just EXCLUDE us from the transfers ? As much as it sucks, it's probably what they will do.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Scorpienne
06.10.2012 , 08:14 AM | #28
Rogoo - I know you're pissed because the EUR RP-PvP servers are in a bind. Please go put that on the appropriate thread, and not here. No one who can do anything useful about your situation will read or care about anything you post here. I'm trying very hard to keep this an information thread only. Please go put the opinion and the speculation in the appropriate thread where the devs might read, respond to, or care about what you say.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=472600

Please, I'm begging you, please go post in the appropriate thread.

Paige

dronepilot
06.10.2012 , 08:28 AM | #29
Excellent thread, I hope this will help to clarify things for people who refuse to accept that they can just go off to any server they 'like', at will. It is for the first part to pre selected servers from A to B which makes sense now.
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

corvuscorvus
06.11.2012 , 08:39 AM | #30
Great work! Thank you for taking the time to compile and manage this thread.
Major Snarl, Commando Trooper, ID# BR549-DNOB07, reporting for duty SIR!! <The Incredibles> The Bastion-US