Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer - dev response summary TL;DR version

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Character Transfer - dev response summary TL;DR version

Marked_Man
06.07.2012 , 01:36 PM | #11
The question most commonly asked by my small guild is "Will the transfers be by character or account?". In other words, will each character be transferred individually as limit allows (8 toons on a server= 8 transfers) or will the account holder be able to transfer all characters with a single transfer?

Tatile
06.07.2012 , 01:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Marked_Man View Post
The question most commonly asked by my small guild is "Will the transfers be by character or account?". In other words, will each character be transferred individually as limit allows (8 toons on a server= 8 transfers) or will the account holder be able to transfer all characters with a single transfer?
I get the impression it will likely be per character, but it would be nice to see the option of moving characters a lump from one server to another. Of course with characters taking some time to be processed, you could queue them if do them in lumps, so that you still have a character to play while you wait.

Scorpienne
06.07.2012 , 02:04 PM | #13
There is no official answer if the transfer is by character or account. Anything else is speculation. :-)

Paige

Gelmit
06.07.2012 , 03:03 PM | #14
I'm assuming that the Destination servers will be the more populated servers of a particular server type/time zone.
For example, The Ebon Hawk and Lord Adraas would seem to be likely Destination servers for the other Eastern RP servers. Is my line of thinking correct?

Scorpienne
06.07.2012 , 03:20 PM | #15
Bioware hasn't said what criteria they're using. No one publicly knows what criteria they're using. Anyone who says that they do know better cite their links because all I've seen is speculation.

Paige

Gelmit
06.07.2012 , 03:24 PM | #16
I'm not claiming to know, just guessing. Offering transfers off of several lesser populated servers to the higher populated servers of that type/time zone would just seem to make the most sense.

Scorpienne
06.07.2012 , 03:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelmit View Post
I'm not claiming to know, just guessing. Offering transfers off of several lesser populated servers to the higher populated servers of that type/time zone would just seem to make the most sense.
I'm trying to keep speculation *out* of this thread. This is not the right place for it. You might choose to voice your speculations in the official thread - it's not impossible you'll get a dev to comment on them there.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=472600

Scorpienne
06.07.2012 , 04:04 PM | #18
Updated with new bullet points and some clarifications from the newest dev tracker comments.

Paige

HiltoftheDragon
06.07.2012 , 04:15 PM | #19
Sorry if i missed this one point......if it was listed but i didnt see it. I understand that guild banks wont be transfered but what about the players own bank.....will it transfer with the character with no problems?.....or does that also need to be handled with CS.
The Ventress Legacy
"We can learn even from our enemies"
Grievance @ The Jedi Covenant
Come join our dual faction guild

Sauska
06.07.2012 , 04:19 PM | #20
Suggestion for a small change to one of the bullet points:
If you have a legacy on both servers, the higher level legacy will take precedence.

I'd change that to:
If you have a legacy on both servers, the higher level legacy will take precedence but you will keep all unlocks of both legacies.

Really great job this thread!
The Borealis Legacy