Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi's lost what makes them Humans ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Jedi's lost what makes them Humans ?

Aurbere
06.25.2012 , 05:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I see the Jedi Code and how the Jedi Council interprets it.

Then I look at Kira and say "Bone that for a bag of hammers!", toss the Jedi Code and Council's garbage out the airlock, grab Kira and drag her to the Captain's Quarters.
Sounds like a good idea to me.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ellvaan
07.01.2012 , 04:01 AM | #22
Greetings everyone!

We recently had to remove several posts due to the inappropriate content that was being discussed. Please note that we may also remove responses to posts that have been removed.

While we appreciate it is easy to use real-life discussion for examples in terms of this topic, whether it be political, religious or moral; given the volatile and sensitive nature of these topics, we do not allow that type of discussion on the forums. You are welcome to use analogies and examples from the Star Wars Universe, such as the political aspects of the Republic etc.

If you see a post that you feel is breaking our Rules of Conduct, we do ask that you please report the post to our Community Team for investigation.

If discussion continues to be inappropriate for the forums, we will be forced to close this thread which we do not wish to see happen.

We appreciate everyone keeping this thread on-topic and constructive and look forward to the discussion.

Thank you!

Helig
07.01.2012 , 04:22 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoliaxen View Post
ok this is a litle complicated

but the Jedi code and the Jedi traning is just Stupid
No Love ? no passion ? basicaly No Feelings ?
most of the Jedi's gett recruited when they are kids and grow up under jedi tranings.
so that means 70% of them are Virgins ? this sounded stupid but sersiously now lol.

i mean these personal feelings and passions make the Humans human
Right now in my eyes Jedi's are a Mindles Cult that protects the innocents NOT bicous they want it but bicous They think thats Their Duty and How many times the Cuncil Let innocents Die bicous they refused to send jedis to places ( remember something like this from the Movies or the revan story ? i dont know )

Anyone can Enlighten me if i know something wrong ? Playing a jedi guardian and i constantly thinking about this well it ruins the immersion totaly lol.
They don't lose any more than Sith do. The "natural" evolution of a Sith practically involves burning out every passion other than hate. Sidious was the pinnacle of this. Bane showed clear signs of this.

Things like Mandalorian Wars had no "right" or "wrong" choice. Jedi tried to choose "the lesser evil". Did it work out? Perhaps not. But we don't know what would happen if they acted differently.

Also, that's why I prefer the Old Jedi Code to the new one.

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

The Old Code does not deny anything. It empathises harmony and coexistence of the proverbial Ying and Yang in the Galaxy.

Jedi are against attachment. Sex is not forbidden, but not encouraged, because it's basically self-indulgence, and it may lead to attachment.

P.S. There's nothing wrong with "being a virgin". That's coming from a young adult who got what he wanted fairly early. In fact, I respect people who don't literally screw around more than the loose individuals.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Captain_Zone
07.01.2012 , 08:43 AM | #24
From what I've seen, a good number of us prefer the Original Code to the Revised Code, myself included. Unfortunately, that was one of George's Direct Retcons. It wasn't restrictive enough to justify the Jedi Council restricting/banning marriage and relationships in the Prequels. It didn't "fit" with George's view, and tbh it would have made Anakin's fall to the Dark Side less believable. With his marriage to Padme being a secret, Anakin lost his Jedi support system, and had to rely on Palpatine. I believe it could have been avoided if the Original Code was still in place and the Jedi Council openly allowed relationships within the Order. Just my view.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Morlaak
07.01.2012 , 02:39 PM | #25
I think Yoda lost what made him human a LOOONG time ago.

Sorry, I had to. Proceed with your philosophical debate.

Mordegrus
07.01.2012 , 10:44 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoliaxen View Post
ok this is a litle complicated

but the Jedi code and the Jedi traning is just Stupid
No Love ? no passion ? basicaly No Feelings ?
most of the Jedi's gett recruited when they are kids and grow up under jedi tranings.
so that means 70% of them are Virgins ? this sounded stupid but sersiously now lol.

i mean these personal feelings and passions make the Humans human
Right now in my eyes Jedi's are a Mindles Cult that protects the innocents NOT bicous they want it but bicous They think thats Their Duty and How many times the Cuncil Let innocents Die bicous they refused to send jedis to places ( remember something like this from the Movies or the revan story ? i dont know )

Anyone can Enlighten me if i know something wrong ? Playing a jedi guardian and i constantly thinking about this well it ruins the immersion totaly lol.
That's why I follow the Sith Code.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion,
Through passion, I gain strength,
Through strength, I gain power,
Through power, I gain victory,
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

No restrictions to your power, that's what I want to be.
Not like the Jedi...
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Atumus
07.02.2012 , 02:14 AM | #27
Vulcans try to master their emotions, and besides the occasional cantankerous old southern doctor, no one says boo to them.

I know, I know different universes, different rules, different yada, yada yada. But since we are just waxing the philosophical lets just have some fun with it.

Think about this: Vulcans/Jedi ....Romulans/Sith. Notice I didn't use = ? Because I feel they are similar, not equal.

The Vulcans and Jedi both try to master their emotions so their emotions don't master them. Sure there are some in both groups that are kind of dill weeds ( I'm looking at you Vulcan Science Council), but generally they are considered the "good guys" . Both look for the betterment, and the success, of the group as a whole, even though they may actually be hurting the group with their strict rules.

The Romulans and Sith both embrace their passions and use it to their fullest. Sure there are some in both groups that are sweet as the day is long, but generally they are considered to be the "bad guys" : evil, militaristic, jerks that would punch their grandmas in the face to get a promotion. They would then punch their grandmas harder in the face if they thought it would help them get better office furniture to go along with that promotion.

So, nope, the Jedi didn't "loose" anything. They made a choice to not let something run their lives.

PS: I have some rather fun theories about MASH and Battlestar Galactica too.