Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Color crystals

12.18.2011 , 11:40 AM | #1
The 3 standard crystals are Red, Green, Blue, we can get those easily from missions. The issue is BW decided to make two restricted to light side, and one for dark side. That means every time I do an Archeology mission, I have the chance to get 2 crystal types that are in very low demand, and one that I cannot keep up with.

My bank has almost 100 of each green and blue; and zero red.

The missions either needs to be color specific, or give us a mechanism to change the crystal's color.

12.18.2011 , 12:00 PM | #2
I agree with changing the color somehow. Or make the crystals themselves used in the recipe colorless and let the crafter choose he color in the crafting of the item or something.

12.18.2011 , 12:23 PM | #3
Yeah... I thought that maybe specific missions would yield a specific color... but no such luck. Bioware, you need to do something about this. It's unbalanced.
Agravaen - Sorcerer
"Fortes fortuna adiuvat"

12.18.2011 , 07:55 PM | #4
Yeah and it's gonna keep growing. I'm pretty much at the point where I'm not gonna bother trying to keep crafting if I'm just building up a stockpile of stuff I can't use.

If I tried to sell this stuff off I'd be only getting a fraction of what I invested in those, and acquiring red crystals would be significantly more expensive.

12.18.2011 , 09:12 PM | #5
You know what? I have been trying to get Green Amorphous Crystals but all I ever get is red ones and I'm a jedi knight with mostly lightside points. Why am I only getting red?

12.18.2011 , 09:24 PM | #6
Maybe if most Sith players wernt so mean they wouldn't have so many darkside points.

At least its low demand and not no demand. But I agree picking mission on colour would help you greatly.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right." - River Tam

12.18.2011 , 09:24 PM | #7
I have gotten Blue Crystals from Arch on my Sith Sorcerer, so not sure what you are talking about, most have been Red, but I have gotten several Blue.

12.18.2011 , 09:36 PM | #8
Well I guess I'll just keep trying. I've only just started with the crafting so have only picked up enough reds for three or four colour crystals. Zero blue and green though.

12.19.2011 , 03:27 AM | #9
What I think Bioware did was give each color about equal chances of dropping. I've been collecting higher level color crystals in preparation; and they've been about even with each other. You have to do like a lot of runs to determine the yield %

But it doesn't help that Empire can only use 1/3 of the crystals we have while the rest are not used.

12.19.2011 , 03:43 AM | #10
I just know there will be more colors later on in the game! What would be awesome would be if they didn't implement "new" colors in the Crew Skills, but more a..

"Mix Colors"
You add two colors and hope for a success, and of course the more "advanced colors" (Purple, Pink, Orange) would all have to be Epic drops from sending out your Companions on missions.

Just an idea I had
Inner Conflict

The struggle between light and darkness
Republic | EU PvP/PvE Based guild | PvP Server | 35+ Members