Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best companion against Baras?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior > Marauder
Best companion against Baras?

Slowpokeking
06.06.2012 , 09:38 PM | #1
Spoiler

Mrtwo
06.06.2012 , 09:45 PM | #2
I used DOT's + the scream ability that slows movement speed to get out of range of him while Vette slowly drained his health down. I don't know if this will work for anything but a Juggernaut due to a Taunt being required to keep aggro.
A leader can't lead until he knows where he's going.

- John Locke

Fallerup
06.06.2012 , 09:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Spoiler
well, he is your only real healer. you could use the ship droid if you geared him, but he only heals, he has no other functions, while Quinn can do damage and CC. other than that, I suppose Vette isn't so bad, but you might have trouble staying alive unless your self heals are great.
Gagota Class: Arsenal Mercenary
Member Of
Dark Brotherhood
Server: Tomb Of Freedon nadd EU

Thundergulch
06.07.2012 , 09:24 AM | #4
Spoiler
depends on your gear and your companion's gear.
Quinn is your best choice, but if you don't want to use him, use Vette with her sniper stance since there is only 1 target.

Slowpokeking
06.07.2012 , 10:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
depends on your gear and your companion's gear.
Quinn is your best choice, but if you don't want to use him, use Vette with her sniper stance since there is only 1 target.
How about Jaesa?

Thundergulch
06.07.2012 , 10:14 AM | #6
again,it depends mainly on gear.
Jaesa was never my 1st choice as a companion because she's melee, and takes more dmg.
If your Jaesa can survive the entire fight, then go for it, if not, then use Vette or Quinn.

Notannos
06.07.2012 , 10:25 AM | #7
Hello there!

We ask that story discussions outside of the Spoilers forum be wrapped in spoiler tags. You may do this by putting
[spoiler] at the beginning of your text and [/spoiler] at the end! Your result will look like this:

Spoiler

We've edited the OP to put in spoiler tags. Thanks everyone!

Slowpokeking
06.07.2012 , 09:41 PM | #8
Ok tried Quinn first and died a lot of times, then I use Vette, just 2 tries(didn't stop his voice 1st times) and he's done.

chaosmadness
06.08.2012 , 02:50 AM | #9
Ok tried Quinn first and died a lot of times, then I use Vette, just 2 tries(didn't stop his voice 1st times) and he's done.
I killed Baras with no problems as Carnage specc and with Quinn. And no Medpacks needed

Darth_Victus
06.08.2012 , 02:58 AM | #10
I used Jaesa.

Of course Quinn was bugged at the time and even with all his attacks off he would only heal me some of the times.