Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Telree
06.06.2012 , 02:19 PM | #1
When is this going to be fixed? You fixed the disconnect to the load screen that is stuck at 20%. Or did you? Before the load screen error I used to get the Error 9000 thing a lot. Then it went away, and was replaced by that load screen one. So now that you fixed the load screen error I am now disconnecting at least once a night, generally more like two or three times, because of my old friend Error 9000. So when I ask whether of not you actually fixed the problem you can understand why. Over the months Ive run DX reports, tracer routes, called my ISP, and a bunch of other busy work suggested by the forum mods. Im not here to make some grand statement about leaving, or other such nonsense. I just want to know why this issue continues to rear it's ugly head. And while I am not foolish enough to expect a real answer, I do just want it to go away.

Olvera
06.06.2012 , 02:54 PM | #2
Im getting the same error code too. yet mine is more frequent. It happens every 10 to 20 minutes. Has happened in Fleet, Warzones, my ship, Voss, Corellia. Pretty much everywhere.

Yet any other online game is working fine for me so its not my connection. Really beyond aggrievated about this continually happening. I literally can't get anything done in game.

Sutii
06.06.2012 , 06:38 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Telree & Olvera,

Could you please try to flush your DNS, instructions on how to do this are in the spoiler below, as well as following the steps outlined in our Connection Issues and Launcher Troubleshooting Guide threads.

Spoiler

If this fails to resolve your issue could you please reply here including a DxDiag report as well as your latest Launcher logs. Information on how to obtain these can be found here.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lyntiel
12.30.2012 , 01:55 AM | #4
Same issue as those above. TRIED EVERYTHING!
Seriously not happy. DC every 15-20 mins. Cant play Warzones or do a successful flashpoint.

Spoiler

denisabc
01.02.2013 , 01:44 PM | #5
same thing here. pls bw look into this. I have paid subs and just after...the problem started. !

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

Missandei
01.02.2013 , 01:46 PM | #6
The only workaround - play when server load is no more than źNORMAL╗.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

FTWInn
01.04.2013 , 05:57 AM | #7
Same thing. Was playing fine yesterday. Get back on 8 hours later and I get disconnected randomly every 5 minutes. Please fix. I don't like to waist my money subscribed to a game I cant play. I know that not everyone has this problem, but i don't think that it's our computers. I can play other games just fine.

denisabc
01.07.2013 , 04:28 PM | #8
same here. formated my hd, installed everything fresh, called isp, changed the modem, and changed the cables inside my house...

logged again... the same problem...

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."

Yatachi
01.11.2013 , 09:05 AM | #9
I started to play SWTOR with 3 friends at the sametime, they told me about this everynight, but they told me this only happens at night. First of all i thought it was a problem with their computers because my pc is very good and this never happend with me until last night. Every 10 - 20 min this happened with me. Will this continue for a long time ? :|

Cerimon
01.11.2013 , 12:31 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi All,

If you are receiving this error it can possibly indicate an issue with your network connection.

Please check the following to help resolve your issue:
  • Check Windows Task Scheduler (not task manager) for any software updates such as Google or Flash that may be interfering with your game connectivity.
  • Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, using a wired connection will improve the connection.
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
  • You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
  • Please go to the following location if you have installed the game in its default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
    From there, delete the file called DiskCacheArena. The DiskCacheArena file is recreated whenever the game starts so it is not harmful to delete this file.
  • If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
  • If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support