Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Great Light-Side Exaggeration

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Great Light-Side Exaggeration

Rayla_Felana
06.06.2012 , 02:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by theonetruebleed View Post
Remember, sick bag at the ready; you're off to the galactic bible belt
Not really, it's exactly what one would expect from the Jedi Order, something portrayed so much in the EU, it's almost a seamless transition.

Playing it all through Dark Side is a very very fun experience compared to the Light version, it's beyond fun, it's almost giddy levels of good.

jedimasterjac
06.06.2012 , 03:01 PM | #12
First, I would like to say welcome to Star Wars: The Old Republic! If you have some questions, you can check out the guides here in the "New Player Help" forum. Anyway, if you don't get to a fairly high level (Say, past Coruscant) Then, yes, it can seem generic, but the Sith are too. "I'm evil-- let's kill tons of innocents" if you are talking in THIS perspective. However, the roleplaying part of this game, in my opinion, is amazing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord Governor Charleston
You will shoot your enemy once, to ensure he fights no more that day! You will shoot traitors twice, to ensure nothing less than their deserved death!

JediElf
06.06.2012 , 03:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post

Playing it all through Dark Side is a very very fun experience compared to the Light version, it's beyond fun, it's almost giddy levels of good.
Then a Dark Side Jedi I shall be!
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Captain_Zone
06.06.2012 , 03:58 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
A 100% LS Jedi feels like a complete tool, tbh. My Knight is barely Light IV, and I played him as a vigilante type that takes no crap off anyone. For some that are beyond redemption, I was the Righteous Fury of The Force. To those who could be saved, I was their lifeline back. And as far as the Code went, I threw it on the backburner and proceeded to knock boots with Kira throughout the game. Didn't make me turn to the Dark Side, though.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Rayla_Felana
06.06.2012 , 04:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
Play a Female, honest to god the voice actress is ten times better than the male one.

Captain_Zone
06.06.2012 , 04:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Play a Female, honest to god the voice actress is ten times better than the male one.
Ok... I like Kari Wahlgren... in fact, I had a huge celebrity crush on her for a while. But the male JK is SOLID SNAKE, even though he sounds more like Sean Barker (Guyver: Dark Hero) in the game. He does deliver a few lines in the Snake voice, though.
. OPOD

Hambunctious
06.06.2012 , 07:07 PM | #17
Just because the writers chose to make it seem one way, does not make it the correct way. There's no way the jedi thousands of years in the past of Ep1 behaved in exactly the same way as hardheaded Yoda, and Windu.

Even then, the whole JK story is not like the starter planet. I gets much better, and you do have differing responses.

I might can understand the jedi starter world the way is if you look at it like a jedi boot camp. Like the real world boot camps, a place where rules, codes, and behavior are pounded into your head for entire duration of your stay. A place where you're broken down, and rebuilt.

Jenzali
06.06.2012 , 07:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
There's no way the jedi thousands of years in the past of Ep1 behaved in exactly the same way as hardheaded Yoda, and Windu.
Just so you know, Windu was actually very dark-sided. He was one of the few able to use Vaapad without being corrupted.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Hambunctious
06.06.2012 , 07:53 PM | #19
He was still hardheaded, and I don't care about anything of that era that's not in the movies. Thanks.

Captain_Zone
06.06.2012 , 08:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
He was still hardheaded, and I don't care about anything of that era that's not in the movies. Thanks.
I would recommend reading the novelizations of the Prequels, then.

Also, it's been a... for lack of a better term.... FAIL tradition of the Jedi Order to be stuck-up holier-than-thou "We know best because we's leet doods" types. They get nearly wiped out every few hundred years or so, make reformations, then slip back into their old ways again somewhere along the line. It's a vicious cycle that has plagued the Order since its earliest days.
. OPOD