Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinions on the new Project animation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Opinions on the new Project animation?

Noobishlord
08.16.2012 , 08:18 AM | #271
I never had the luxury of seeing the old Project, but I will admit, I like how it is now. Shock, all you do is move your hand and the enemy is sparked. Project rips a rock out of the ground and chucks it at the target's head. It never gets old.
Swooping is bad... unless you are the swooper.

Altheran
08.16.2012 , 10:03 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by Noobishlord View Post
I never had the luxury of seeing the old Project
You can see it here (Always double chunk version - 3:13 for player's point of view)

MageLore
09.25.2012 , 03:04 AM | #273
i agree. i just came back from hiatus to find this horribly pos animation replacing my favorite spell in the game. *** were they thinking. cancelled sub. it was the only thing calling me back to play =(

Shimunna
09.26.2012 , 04:45 AM | #274
The new animation is SO bad! The old one was way too cool. Now i feel bad everytime i use that spell. Bioware, If you wanna keep the "instant dmg" thing, fine no problem but please, just bring back the old animation! PLEASE!

Sabredance
09.26.2012 , 05:38 AM | #275
Please bring the old animation back.

If i have to chose between balance and the animation - i take the animation.

The animations are what makes TOR PvP fun for me.

PloGreen
09.26.2012 , 11:16 AM | #276
Bring back the 360 effect. It was in the game for a reason. The new sage changes are awful.

JediNg
09.26.2012 , 06:48 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
Bring back the 360 effect. It was in the game for a reason. The new sage changes are awful.
This thread is about Project, not force wave.
Ritha
The Harbinger
Formerly from Ahazi, Dec Oct 2003 - Nov 2005

Lokken
11.16.2012 , 02:32 AM | #278
Hi.
Sorry to necro an old thread, but I've seen several posts of yellows closing other threads about the new Project animation and redirecting to this one, so here I go...

I've just resuscribed after a pretty long absence, and seriously, the new project animation sucks bad...
It was one of the most iconic and visually stunning consular abilities, and now it is a fluff...
I understand the PVP concern about the imbalance of the delay between this skill and the sith mirrored one, it was a very hot topic back when my sub ran out some months ago, but hell... the fix here seems too cheap and dirty.

Maybe people at BW can get the old project back, and give consulars both skills ('Project (old)' and 'Project (new)' or whatever naming they want), sharing cooldown. This way, PVPers can use the faster one, while everyone can still choose the old animation if they see fit.

Or maybe, make the damage count as instant, and let the player immediately queue new keypresses, but keep the old animation running (maybe a little faster than before), even when 'overlaping' visually with other skills.

Or even... give consulars back the old Project, and make Inquisitor's Shock a longer 'charging-lightning-grasping' or something-like-that animation, dealing damage only at the end of it with same delay on both sides, so both skills keeps balanced (nerfing should always be the less popular option, but this may even be beneficial balance-wise for avoiding too high RNG dmg spikes on PVP).

Please... do something to get the old project back... this new one is a very big letdown...

Regards

L

Darth_Dynas
11.16.2012 , 08:33 AM | #279
So if the pebble shooting and junk toss is no good, what should the animation be to balance it out?

Ycoga
11.16.2012 , 09:12 AM | #280
And why should we care what 'returning players' think about an animation we've gotten used to over many months already?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny