Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinions on the new Project animation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Opinions on the new Project animation?

JediJayTrain
07.30.2012 , 02:20 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by jcurri View Post
THIS

And what is the "lag factor" you speak of? I don't see what the problem is of making the damage hit the moment you pick it up from the ground and suspend it in the air, rather than on the "impact" of the giant boulder/ object...
This damage-on-keystroke was discussed earlier and i'll give my perspective. While the instant damage on our end of project sounds great, the fact is if on the receiving end of it, immersion is lost. The same would be said for pve. numbers popping up before the rock takes off loses immersion. If you want instant damage then they need to change the move completely so it would support this.

The "lag" I speak of is kind of hard to explain, so I'm gonna try play-by-play to explain:

When you hit a "pause" lag, everything stops on the screen. However, there are things still happening "real-time." To bring you back "up-to-speed" the graphics sort of "fast-forward" all the events that happened while stuck on pause.

One day, as I hit project, I got the "pause" lag. The "fast-forward" didn't show a lift-hold-then-throw animation, but a sort of straight-shot directly from the ground vice the lifting then throwing. I thought it looked better.

Way I see it, this can make a faster Project and at the same time give the player the character immersion that was lost. Well thats my take on it anyway.

JediJayTrain
07.30.2012 , 02:23 AM | #262
Really? What did Satele's zabrak master hurl at Malgus right before malgus killed him?
lol True but I don't think that is a strong argument for Pro-Project for Jedi Consular. Like the game designers are saying "don't do this, it only pisses them off"

Nanglez
08.07.2012 , 10:44 PM | #263
I'm amazed this still hasn't been fixed. It was such a beloved ability by many. Bioware you suck.

Dyvim
08.08.2012 , 02:30 PM | #264
Really? What did Satele's zabrak master hurl at Malgus right before malgus killed him?
Yeah, that was in a room full of debris, it wasnt magically conjured out of nowhere, and he didnt pull up a rock out of the deck plating...

But yeah, jedi have thrown objects...rarely. They have also choked and shot lightning. Point is that no one has thrown junk more than sith. Sith use it more than any other ranged attack, and every single sith has used it.

Many people were very disappointed with the junk chunkng as soon as they saw it in beta. Some liked it, some got used to it. Some just dont know any better and can't figure out the difference or know the difference between jedi and sith anyway. Some dont care about the lore, dont care about the movies. So, meh, it is what it is. To alot of people it is still a very big disappointment that jedi have been reduced to reskinned sith that have pebbles, junk and rocks instead of lightning. Its a poor joke.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

Baalzamon
08.10.2012 , 06:51 PM | #265
Plz Bioware bring back the old animation on Project dont care about the damage delay.

Tigalo
08.11.2012 , 01:07 AM | #266
I have not played for a month (been playing TSW, was meaning to play both but every time I sit down in front of the computer I always end up playing TSW) so I didnt know the animation had changed. Well, today my son wanted to watch me playing Star Wars, so I wondered who I should play, with 6 50s I got the urge to continue my lvl 32 sage.

The first thing that hit me, was "*** have they done to project?"

I thought it was a visual bug, as I didnt even see those small rocks around my enemy (I was at max range). But then it dawned on me that they had inteded to fix the travel time. And OMG, this change is horrible. It might work for shadows, as they are more often than not in melee range anyway (I tested running up to the mobs before using the ability, and then its not so bad) but for sage's this change is really really bad.

The next time I log on to SWTOR, it wont be to play my sage. It suddenly fell from the first to the last char in who I want to play.

One more nail in the coffin of what used to be a great game.
Nite Legacy (legacy level 50) on The Progenitor: Kir - 55 merc, Tigalo - 55 jugg, Kirana - 51 sorc, Jax 50 marauder, Rev - 50 operative, Nish - 50 gunslinger, Kenix - 55 sage, Manji - 50 assassin, Tigelo - 50 Commando and more

JediJayTrain
08.12.2012 , 10:49 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigalo View Post
I have not played for a month (been playing TSW, was meaning to play both but every time I sit down in front of the computer I always end up playing TSW) so I didnt know the animation had changed. Well, today my son wanted to watch me playing Star Wars, so I wondered who I should play, with 6 50s I got the urge to continue my lvl 32 sage.

The first thing that hit me, was "*** have they done to project?"

I thought it was a visual bug, as I didnt even see those small rocks around my enemy (I was at max range). But then it dawned on me that they had inteded to fix the travel time. And OMG, this change is horrible. It might work for shadows, as they are more often than not in melee range anyway (I tested running up to the mobs before using the ability, and then its not so bad) but for sage's this change is really really bad.

The next time I log on to SWTOR, it wont be to play my sage. It suddenly fell from the first to the last char in who I want to play.

One more nail in the coffin of what used to be a great game.
So what's your new favorite character?
Sith Inquisitor: "Is that a giant f***-ing boulder?!?!?!"
Jedi Consular: "You bet your *** it's a giant f***-ing boulder!!!!!"
Sith Inquisitor: "How did you pull it from the floor of a ship?"
Jedi Consular: "...." :hangs head in shame:

Monterone
08.13.2012 , 12:59 PM | #268
I love it!

One of the main reasons why I rolled a sage after having played a sorcerer since closed beta. No one knows where the Project is coming from so I have an easier time staying hidden. In addition to that TT is MUCH less visible than Force Lightning. Mind Crush also doesn't give the same 'Cleanse Me Now' sound queue that Crushing Darkness does.

Overall, with these few slight changes I enjoy playing my sage better than I do my sorcerer currently. If only pub pugs were on par with imps though. Painful to watch at times.
Saminette
<DMG Ctrl> <Purple Cog>
Harbinger

JediJayTrain
08.15.2012 , 01:28 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
I love it!

One of the main reasons why I rolled a sage after having played a sorcerer since closed beta. No one knows where the Project is coming from so I have an easier time staying hidden. In addition to that TT is MUCH less visible than Force Lightning. Mind Crush also doesn't give the same 'Cleanse Me Now' sound queue that Crushing Darkness does.

Overall, with these few slight changes I enjoy playing my sage better than I do my sorcerer currently. If only pub pugs were on par with imps though. Painful to watch at times.
SHHHHHHHHUSH!!!!! I don't want to hear another sorc complaint!!!!!!

Yea it's nice for PVP but I miss the long range rock smash into creatures in PVE
Sith Inquisitor: "Is that a giant f***-ing boulder?!?!?!"
Jedi Consular: "You bet your *** it's a giant f***-ing boulder!!!!!"
Sith Inquisitor: "How did you pull it from the floor of a ship?"
Jedi Consular: "...." :hangs head in shame:

Sharee
08.15.2012 , 11:47 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
I love it!

This is a good point. On the other hand, project no longer being delayed means it does not hit at the same time as the next ability cast after it, so the change hurt my ability to burst(which wasn't great to begin with). I preferred the old project. But i can live with the new one.