Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opinions on the new Project animation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Opinions on the new Project animation?

jedimasterjac
06.06.2012 , 09:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
For those who've seen it? I don't have a video, but instead of picking up the object close to your PC and hurling it, it now come up next the the enemy and hits them with less travel time.

Personally, I'd have preferred it if they'd have kept the old animation and just made the damage hit instantly. The new animation doesn't look half as good.
They changed it because the Inquisitor version is an insta-cast.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

Birtram
06.06.2012 , 10:08 PM | #12
I don't like it either... The old animation looked nice, and they could have just tweaked it so the damage would apply faster... Now, as you guys are saying, you barely notice it happening. I'm glad we don't have a delay anymore, of course, but this is a bit disappointing...

The old animation looked strong and you really "felt" that you were hitting your targets... Too bad.
The best sword is the one which is never drawn out of its sheath.

Ewokology
06.06.2012 , 11:50 PM | #13
Count me down as one of the people disappointed that some of the player suggestions were not implemented. I feel like this solution is going to annoy people who hate the junk throwing, as well as people who liked the old animation. Under different circumstances, I might have liked the old animation, but for reasons discussed over and over again, it doesn't make any sense for Jedi.

That said, the two big functional problems were fixed, and I am glad for that: 1) It casts almost instantly, 2) It doesn't draw any undue attention to the caster. These were the two problems making it worse than Shock, and I'm glad they were fixed.

Still, I would hope that Bioware will continue to consider replacing the animation with a gold/blue energy based one. The minority of Consulars who liked the old Project animation will probably hate the new one. As such, I don't think there is anyone left who actually supports the junk throwing. Let's get the NPC animation for Force Burst, can we?

My apologies to the devs who wrote the original Project animation. It's really a nice piece of work, it just doesn't fit where they were trying to put it.

I would add, some people have suggested swapping Disturbance with Project -- please do not. If you are a Balance Sage, it would be detrimental to the Presence of Mind ability. As a Balances Sage, I feel that it is one of the most important abilities of that tree.

Bantha_Father
06.07.2012 , 04:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
This forum is not the right place for this
Ugh, it's THAT guy.

Elvandar
06.07.2012 , 05:56 AM | #15
Bottom line, same ridiculous, magical conjuring junk chunking, with a minor appearance tweak to where the magically conjured junk pops up from and how fast it moves. I iz jedai, I haz rocks...junkz...andz pebblez...wonderful work guys at blowing a great chance to dejunk the class and make it more appealing to people that arent thrilled with comic relief rocks and junk.... ...some dev loves his junk and just cant part with it, star wars be damned...
In the movies both jedi and sith throw both rocks and random junk. There is nothing magical about it. I agree the junk side of it is silly just from the fact it comes from the floor, but other then that the only silly part is that it isn't a trait unique to the jedi.

We are complaining about the quality of the new animation, not the concept. I'm sure everyone would be happy if they'd kept the old animation but made it play quicker and appear by your enemy. For the new one the rocks/junk just appear so fast its hard to notice they dont actually come up from the floor, they appear above it and there is no mark or any effect on the ground. Simply put, it feels like a cheap last minute rush job just so they cant be criticised for not addressing the delay yet again.

RGMetal
06.07.2012 , 06:11 AM | #16
Meh. Between this, and the PvE Shadow tanking nerf, I'm not thrilled with 1.3 yet. Downloading the PTS right now though, to give them a huge dose of feedback about these changes.

Again, that "force burst" skill would be a million times better, and make me feel more like a Jedi. Throwing rocks makes no sense.

Toshirou / Ichíro / Keiichi / Kusanagí
Míka / Fayé

kaya
06.07.2012 , 06:41 AM | #17
Thats ... awful, i'd have a hard time thinking of a worse solution - not trying to be mean, it really is THAT bad.
Can we keep the old animation with the delay?
I'm used to it now and just use slow or tk throw to interrupt and i love the animation.

Seriously, please dont implement that.

Galbatorrix
06.07.2012 , 07:26 AM | #18
This forum is not the right place for this, as it is not just a sage ability. Hopefully the mod will figure that out...

Honestly, I posted it here because Shadow's won't notice it as much because they fight close up anyway. It'll still look like they're pulling the item out of the ground relatively close to them.

beliglath
06.07.2012 , 07:27 AM | #19
I dont like it, it doesnt let the enemy know how is attacking them. u.u
Ferocity

Empire LATAM Guild
A True Warrior Never Escapes From Battle

Ramahospitality
06.07.2012 , 07:39 AM | #20
If this is the solution it''s just another example of BWs quick fix solutions. Just like when they took away the smuggler giggle, instead of making it a toggle. Here they just made the action look more immediate to match the Inquisitor. Why not keep the more powerful looking animation but make the damage be done instantly but give us the animation that we love.