Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2-Man mode


Kraavick's Avatar


Kraavick
06.06.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1
Just like Black Talon and Esseles, all (or most) flashpoints should have a two-man mode. This would allow a smaller group of people, namely two, to complete flashpoints. Hard-mode would still be 4 man, but the 2 man mode would allow for more of a story-feel to it, as its a small strike team, with their companions, completing dangerous assignments. Thoughts? Critique? (constructive please )

Thanks!

SentinelDranoel's Avatar


SentinelDranoel
06.06.2012 , 12:03 PM | #2
I already 2 man flashpoints with my fiance. We have been doing that for months and people already posted guides on how to do it. Colicoid war games I have not tried to do 4 man yet, since they have a few 4 man sections. If you repeat flashpoints you can get gear for your companions, making the game much easier. This is nothing new, do you have a partner you have tried this out with yet?
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

Evironrage's Avatar


Evironrage
06.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #3
I would be in for this idea. Nothing wrong with making this game even more accessible to the masses. Although if there was sufficient pops on each server this would not be an issue.
I don't discuss things as a committee, I don't care about a protocol droid's opinion, and I wish I had more time to get her excited

Urael's Avatar


Urael
06.06.2012 , 12:05 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraavick View Post
Just like Black Talon and Esseles, all (or most) flashpoints should have a two-man mode. This would allow a smaller group of people, namely two, to complete flashpoints. Hard-mode would still be 4 man, but the 2 man mode would allow for more of a story-feel to it, as its a small strike team, with their companions, completing dangerous assignments. Thoughts? Critique? (constructive please )

Thanks!
I am all for more options.

So I would like to see this (since currently it is harder to get a full group than just snagging one person).

That said, beware of people that will decry your idea as "catering" to solo/casual and being community (what community servers are basically dead) destroying.

Kraavick's Avatar


Kraavick
06.06.2012 , 12:07 PM | #5
I have, but I havn't tried any of the higher ones. After trying Hammer Station (me healing and my friend a tank), actually got a group to do it, but we couldn't even get to the first boss. Later we tried athiss, but with no more success. I had assumed, unless you are far over the content level (5+) that 2 manning it is rather out of the question.

Kraavick's Avatar


Kraavick
06.06.2012 , 12:08 PM | #6
To the casual haters, errr *cough cough* I mean hard-mode addicts, I would use the idea that this is more of a truer to story type of flashpoint. No one would expect a sith, who travels everywhere with his dashade, to have to leave him behind on a dangerous mission.



EDIT: no hard feelings hard-mode addicts

Alavastre's Avatar


Alavastre
06.06.2012 , 12:09 PM | #7
It actually makes more sense in this game, since you have companions to help you out. 2 man, but with 1 companions. SWTOR seems like it was built for this option.

BW should consider making 2 man flashpoints that are story focused more like Black Talon and the Esseles.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Kraavick's Avatar


Kraavick
06.06.2012 , 12:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
It actually makes more sense in this game, since you have companions to help you out. 2 man, but with 1 companions. SWTOR seems like it was built for this option.

BW should consider making 2 man flashpoints that are story focused more like Black Talon and the Esseles.
Precisely, I definitely hope BW implements this sometime in the future.

trussasp's Avatar


trussasp
06.06.2012 , 12:10 PM | #9
I would say the game is easy enough, which is at least partly responsible for the exodus of people.

My vote doesn't count, but I would vote for anything which increases the overall number of players, so 4-manning an instance is more easily started.

Alavastre's Avatar


Alavastre
06.06.2012 , 12:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraavick View Post
I have, but I havn't tried any of the higher ones. After trying Hammer Station (me healing and my friend a tank), actually got a group to do it, but we couldn't even get to the first boss. Later we tried athiss, but with no more success. I had assumed, unless you are far over the content level (5+) that 2 manning it is rather out of the question.
Most of the time, 3 manning is out of the question. It can be done, but it's hard, and requires a lot of strategy.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson