Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does your Guild handle loot distribution?

xenofire
06.07.2012 , 12:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
How are you going to weight who gets their crit crafted gear first and who doesn't?

Only fair way to do it is roll on it

If you can't trust your team to roll on what they need why are you running with them?

Not to mention the obvious implications of GMs/Officers getting their gear first. Which is bull

You roll on mats, then give it to crafters when you have enough for a piece. Trade/Loan them when needed/wanted.
Loot council makes those decisions, just like loot council decides who get what loot. It's based on different criteria, like attendance percentages, time with guild, how skilled that player is, how essential they are, how big an upgrade it is, etc...
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

cshouston
06.07.2012 , 12:32 PM | #22
Loot council. Any serious progression raiding guild is more likely than not going to use loot council. In fact, I've yet to see one that doesn't, going from my experience in both WoW and SWTOR.

oredith
06.07.2012 , 12:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cshouston View Post
Loot council. Any serious progression raiding guild is more likely than not going to use loot council. In fact, I've yet to see one that doesn't, going from my experience in both WoW and SWTOR.
I love the stipulation that "anything not done like me, is not serious".

DKP and SK are still live and well, and more drama free than loot council.

loot council works great if everyone's on the same page. if not, the scent of favoritism is too easily caught.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

cshouston
06.07.2012 , 12:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
I love the stipulation that "anything not done like me, is not serious".

DKP and SK are still live and well, and more drama free than loot council.

loot council works great if everyone's on the same page. if not, the scent of favoritism is too easily caught.
Relax. Note I said "more likely than not" and "in my experience".

I guess I've been lucky to always be a part of solid guilds more interested in defeating content than selfishly loot whoring. Loot council has always worked, whereas my first guild in vanilla WoW which used DKP had soooo much loot drama, dkp hoarding, and other pains in the tuchus. Also, SK spreads loot out, yes, but it doesn't maximize raid effectiveness or account for the necessities of a new encounter, someone's set bonuses, etc. etc.

oredith
06.07.2012 , 12:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cshouston View Post
Relax. Note I said "more likely than not" and "in my experience".

I guess I've been lucky to always be a part of solid guilds more interested in defeating content than selfishly loot whoring. Loot council has always worked, whereas my first guild in vanilla WoW which used DKP had soooo much loot drama, dkp hoarding, and other pains in the tuchus. Also, SK spreads loot out, yes, but it doesn't maximize raid effectiveness or account for the necessities of a new encounter, someone's set bonuses, etc. etc.
there's no 1-size-fits-all loot solution. most of the decision will actually depend on the guild structure.

Like, Dulfy's guild does /roll for loot, but it's not a problem for them because they have exactly 8 players in the guild, so there's no real problem of the loot being spread too thin among people who aren't helping raid progression.

whereas my guild is supercasual, and we have 2 different sets of people with raid priorities depending on the day of raid. SK list works better for us.

it's always interesting looking at the chat log trying to figure out *** is going on with loot when we join up to do NMP.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

xenofire
06.07.2012 , 09:49 PM | #26
Loot council works great for us. It's not just officers it's veteran raiders, and we keep track of all kinds of statistics such as loot received so far, attendance %, etc... We've had zero drama with loot council, because almost every decision has been unanimous and made sense based on our statistics.

There isn't really a one size fits all scheme, but loot council if done effectively will be the most guild beneficial.

Kakachan
06.07.2012 , 10:02 PM | #27
EC hm: If someone gets a set item from that lockout doesnt roll for another set piece, and we consider who needs it most, if there is more than 1 people who needs it and benefits from it and didnt get any set item loot at that lockout rolls for it.
Other raids: Just roll need/greed.

Inzi
06.08.2012 , 03:18 AM | #28
To the OP:

It seems like your major issue isn't with the loot system in general, but with the way BoE's & crafting mats are handled. As Carson posted above, our guild sends all crafting mats to the guild bank. Armorings & such like that are treated as Main Spec items and are distributed just like you would distribute a gear token. I like it this way because those armorings are highly coveted items and they help our raid more than getting more credits for the guild bank would.

The crafting mats, while in the guild bank, are used by the guild for gearing us up. They are just kept in a safe place and our guild crafters make things for us and life's good.

So it SEEMS to me, that your problem arises with the "you have to buy things back from the guild" part in your scenario. I have had guilds in the past where we did that--but only when the item went to an alt or for offspec or something like that. It seems counter-intuitive to penalize your raiders to improve their performance :\ But that's just my perspective.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Mookind
06.09.2012 , 12:05 AM | #29
lol when do you guys find the time to have a "loot council"

We down HM EC and we would prob get all sorts of /gquits if we spent 30 min a raid deciding who got what gear.

We are all big boys and you don't need the best in slot gear to clear anything.

Everyone will get theirs eventually.

If you can down the Ops already (which if you can't your team is fail neway) why do you care who gets the augs first? Has nothing to do with progression

Not to mention the changes in 1.3 have been known for a while. Making it even more unnecessary.

Let the rolls decide.

xenofire
06.09.2012 , 02:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
We are all big boys and you don't need the best in slot gear to clear anything.
Loot council can be done while clearing the next round of trash, and we have binds in vent for it too so it's super quick.

Additionally, when nightmare comes out everyone will want full BiS, so you're wrong and obviously don't understand how important it is to min max every element of your guild.