Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drungus
06.06.2012 , 03:32 PM | #51
The entire legacy system is a bit underwhelming if you ask me. I haven't purchase a single Legacy thing because of the absurd costs. Bioware was so proud presenting it, but to me it was a major disappointment seeing the money costs.

NermalDetonator
06.06.2012 , 03:47 PM | #52
Looking at the gift one, for a 15% increase in gifts, you need to shell out 250k. At most, this saves you about 1300 affection, assuming you gain NO affection from conversations. So roughly 13 rank 5 blue gifts, 78 per character (5 comps + ship droid). Please correct me if I'm off though, but if I'm adding it up, I'm not seeing this as cost effective, at least on my server, where they run about 3k each for pretty much everything except cultural artifacts. Same with the conversation one.

SithEmpress
06.06.2012 , 03:55 PM | #53
What is with the long time delay on everything in this game (Emergency Fleet Pass, Transport Pass to Outlaw Den, etc)? Is it going to harm anyone that someone else can move around at decent time, say under 30 min.This would help with load screen as even though I love the game, they are far too many of them .

As other have said a 9 hour timer isn't worth it. Itís same reason I didnít buy the emergency fleet passes legacy perk, is to useable multiply time in play session to worth it.

To max out one type bonus xp (Flashpoint) it is 275,000 which yes to person who run daily every day, all time that isnít much, but for other that want play the game (raid, level alts, etc) its lot credit. If you want all bonuses on one character its 1,375,000. If this was for the whole account it wouldn't be so bad, but it isnít.

It would be nice to get some perk that unlock with just legacy level or if a person want to buy them. The legacy has become just another grind for credit, one that does not seem worth it to me.

TheSeer
06.06.2012 , 04:00 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Drungus View Post
The entire legacy system is a bit underwhelming if you ask me. I haven't purchase a single Legacy thing because of the absurd costs. Bioware was so proud presenting it, but to me it was a major disappointment seeing the money costs.
^This is exactly how I feel .

Master-Nala
06.06.2012 , 04:04 PM | #55
I agree the cooldowns on the transport perks should be MUCH shorter. While I don't mind the prices so much, it should be worth the money.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Glower
06.06.2012 , 04:22 PM | #56
Totals:
FUUUUUUU

It's still overpriced...

P.S.: Also, looks very similar to F2P MMO stores.

thewatcheruatu
06.06.2012 , 04:40 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Vasala View Post
My overall feel on looking at this is the costs are too high for single character unlocks. I am also disappointed that the crafting unlock appears to be for augments only as I was hoping for general mission crits so it would help with getting the crit missions to find new schematics.
That would have been pretty nice, actually. As it stands, 350k for an extra 3% crit chance just on your crafting profession, and only on stuff that can be augmented, seems a little exorbitant.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation

Magnesium
06.06.2012 , 04:56 PM | #58
Duffy is what I wish the Devs were like.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

Arilou_skiff
06.06.2012 , 05:02 PM | #59
Costs definitely need to be reduced: They'd be fine if they were legacy-wide, like the first batch of perks, but for character-specific they're WAY too expensive.

something like 5/10/25/50 K would be reasonable for the EXP-perks, if they are single-character.

SithEmpress
06.06.2012 , 05:10 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Arilou_skiff View Post
Costs definitely need to be reduced: They'd be fine if they were legacy-wide, like the first batch of perks, but for character-specific they're WAY too expensive.

something like 5/10/25/50 K would be reasonable for the EXP-perks, if they are single-character.
^ Yeah that would be a lot more reasonable .