Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Callaron
06.06.2012 , 01:04 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
9 hrs shared cooldown
Ah, so basically a once a day thing - still acceptable to skip all the zoning though.
Thank you!

Elear
06.06.2012 , 01:26 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I'll definitely be buying the Rank 1 Speeder Piloting for all my alts. Rank 2 and 3 is a bit expensive so I'll probably pass on those.
I wish those got unlocked by default when you reach level giving you speeder anyway. Or all those perks to get their cost decreased according to profit they give you. So faster exp won't cost same character that is already lvl 40 as character lvl10. Thing is, while I'm completionist and would like to see(at least on my main) all candles light up, it'll be hard for me to justify spending few millions for this, where there is no profit at all other than lighting it up.

Callaron
06.06.2012 , 01:40 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
I wish those got unlocked by default when you reach level giving you speeder anyway. Or all those perks to get their cost decreased according to profit they give you. So faster exp won't cost same character that is already lvl 40 as character lvl10. Thing is, while I'm completionist and would like to see(at least on my main) all candles light up, it'll be hard for me to justify spending few millions for this, where there is no profit at all other than lighting it up.
Hey, at least once they raise the level cap your main will be ready for it

Vasala
06.06.2012 , 01:58 PM | #44
My overall feel on looking at this is the costs are too high for single character unlocks. I am also disappointed that the crafting unlock appears to be for augments only as I was hoping for general mission crits so it would help with getting the crit missions to find new schematics.

celldoom
06.06.2012 , 02:07 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Vasala View Post
My overall feel on looking at this is the costs are too high for single character unlocks. I am also disappointed that the crafting unlock appears to be for augments only as I was hoping for general mission crits so it would help with getting the crit missions to find new schematics.
Agree, currently there are at least half of the perks im not planning to ever take because the cost is not worth the gain.

Blisst_uNF
06.06.2012 , 02:17 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Given how long it takes for Corellia to load on my computer, I would purchase it just so I get 1 loading screen instead of two.
Ditto, but only on my main which tends to run Dailies a couple times a week. For my other chars who "usually" make it to black hole once a week it's not worth the $200k IMO.
Raive Starsight <Rogue Elite> (The Harbinger)

Alxandria
06.06.2012 , 02:29 PM | #47
I have a question about the crafting perk, does it work on the droid?

I'm always nervous when they say companions cause the ship droid never feels like a companion when people talk about companions but he technically is.

It's a minor paranoia, but I would like to know none the less as a 13% crit chance on cybertech is kinda nice when all is said and done.

MaverickXIV
06.06.2012 , 02:51 PM | #48
Everything looks good to me, though I'm a bit disappointed in the portable respec: I was hoping that was going to act as a stopgap until we got dual specs, but if you have to pay the normal price too, then it falls short. It's not a huge deal, but as a PvE tank, I'm sort of screwed in everything but Huttball.

demonmana
06.06.2012 , 03:03 PM | #49
heres my 1st impression of the perks. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! why do i have to buy them on each and every one of my charecters money dosent just fall from trees and those small perks add up fast there is no reasonable response you can possibly have to justify making us have to buy them on every charecter. those of us with many charecters are actually being restricted as to how we wanna level them because of that fact. I belive the idea behind legacy was to allow us to maintain, use, and build charecters off the success of the ones we already had this seems anti progressive in that reguard.

Lymain
06.06.2012 , 03:11 PM | #50
The quick travel to Outlaw's Den is nice, but 9h cooldown? What's the point of that? It should have a 30 minute cooldown.

It'd be nice if the Field Respecialization perk gave you a discount on the cost...or just had a cooldown and made it free (even if it cost more initially). As it is, I won't even consider wasting 200K on it.