Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BubbleDncr
06.13.2012 , 01:28 PM | #141
Currently, I think all the legacy unlocks reach their max at Legacy level 25. Why not keep the pricing the same (or slightly lower, they do seem a bit expensive to me, though I haven't tested them) for people under Legacy 25, and then start giving discounts to people with higher Legacy levels? After all, isn't this supposed to reward people who have played a lot?

I had already hit legacy level 25 before Legacy was implemented. I'm now at about Legacy level 37. But I haven't gotten a majority of the perks because they're so expensive. So, its not really rewarding me.
~ The Orelli Legacy ~ Prophecy of the Five ~
Elys'iya - lvl 50 Sniper Arya - lvl 50 Sentinel
Lia'li - lvl 50 Powertech Alindra - lvl 50 Sorcerer

TheOneMorx
06.14.2012 , 09:15 AM | #142
I gotta say that I didn't see one single thing in the Legacy perk tree that I would spend my money on. This branch in the legacy tree is more or less completely useless for someone who's already lvl 50. Ok, the fast travel could occasionally be useful but I guess thats it.

C'mon BW surely you could do better than this? I really hope that you can add some personal character traits in the future that actually feels useful. Doesn't have to be a big boost to the character but something small that further advance your single character in some way.

As it is now with these perks it's even useless as a money dump since there's nothing worth buying.

alrun
06.14.2012 , 06:25 PM | #143
My Bounty Hunter is level 25 and she has the speeder piloting training already.

But if i want to buy the improved speeder piloting II, i will need to spent an additional 40k for I. But i already paid 25k that are included in the 40k.
I think speeder piloting should be bought independently.

Maybe the Perk could be adjusted to "Requires 40k and Legacy level 10 OR Speeder Piloting I"

That way people who did buy the skill at 25 are not put behind and they will have no benefit of buying a level 10 skill.

onfireguy
06.14.2012 , 07:47 PM | #144
Hopefully the Priority Transports will lose the shared cooldown and the credit costs to unlock. Having them unlock at appropriate, reasonable Legacy levels seems fair. lolz @ BioWare making simply quality-of-life "perks" some type of featured unlock.

Reminds me of when during the Guild Summit they announced we could use mounts in spaceports and everyone cheered. ***, why have we all lowered our expectations so much?

Infinite_Zen
06.14.2012 , 10:09 PM | #145
15 pages of responses so I didn't get to read every one, so in case no one supplied the info,

The first rank of the repair bot is indeed a 1 hour Cooldown

At Rank 2 he moves to 45 minute cooldown.

He also sells those social item glitter bombs, what I now can't remember was did he sell them at rank one, or only when I upgraded him to rank 2.

I tend to think most of these rewards should be a cost X amount of credits or unlocked for free at X Legacy Rank.

I am Legacy level 26 and have very few legacy perks because I find them too expensive. Most of my money goes into collecting mounts and pets, I can't afford to buy Legacy Perks for levels I earned as well.

Atrilial
06.15.2012 , 12:36 AM | #146
I really wish there were perks that you just unlocked by earning legacy levels, especially after 25, since there is currently nothing. Shouldn't earning so much legacy alone be enough to earn some sort of perk? The massive amounts of credits on top of it is just ridiculous. They don't feel like perks, just like you unlocked a store. Being lvl 50 legacy currently means basically zilch, especially if you're poor or would rather spend credits on one of the other numerous money-sinks in this game. I think many of the perks are really neat; I just feel like earning legacy lvls doesn't feel like much of an achievement when you know it will be ages before you can afford anything cool (particularly for those of us who don't pour hours into operations, where I suspect the people who can afford things are making much of their money).
Check out my Sith Warrior/Malavai Quinn Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7748260/...ry_and_Healing

Hartog
06.16.2012 , 01:51 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by WillWallace View Post
The speeder perks grant the ability automatically when you purchase them, no trainer necessary.

As for costs and benefits, I appreciate the constructive and comprehensive feedback. I'm re-evaluating the numbers and seeing what can change (for example, I'm dropping costs on the companion affection perks and boosting the modifiers). Prices and benefits are not set in stone at this point, so thanks for helping test and evaluate them!
I noticed the price drop and increase in modifiers for the Companion affection perks. 90k for a 30% boost seems more spot on - I'd definitely consider buying them now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the experience modifiers feel too underwhelming.
Quote:
Also, the Improved Space Mission Experience is currently underwhelmingly unrewarding.
I was at one point considering to level my lvl 36 operative doing space missions/class missions alone.
Doing all the level relevant space missions/dailies nets you about 30-40k experience a day.
Consider that you need about 250k experience per level (and rising), that 30% boost to space experience isn't going to get me any where any time soon...
So it's kinda missing the point of 'allowing me to choose my leveling style'.
The Nietzsch Legacy