Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 Character specific legacy perks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 Character specific legacy perks
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BoushhDC
06.10.2012 , 12:05 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Syadasti View Post
Simple but effective solution: add (per character) XP-"slide control" (hope google gave me the right word) in the optiions, where you can freely adjust your XP per "theme" from 0% till the maximum which you have unlocked from the (then) accountwide perk (so 0-100% without unlock and 0-130% with full unlock). 0% would mean completly XP and level progressing stopp.
Sounds good to me.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

Deewe
06.10.2012 , 12:58 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Syadasti View Post
Simple but effective solution: add (per character) XP-"slide control" (hope google gave me the right word) in the optiions, where you can freely adjust your XP per "theme" from 0% till the maximum which you have unlocked from the (then) accountwide perk (so 0-100% without unlock and 0-130% with full unlock). 0% would mean completly XP and level progressing stopp.
Would actually love that option.

OlisJ
06.10.2012 , 02:25 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by SanguineSphinx View Post
The Affection Gain "perks" are worse than useless. Seriously? 15% affection gain for 250k? That makes it MORE expensive than just buying gifts for your companions the normal way.

EDIT: This will only be somewhat less than terrible if it's made Legacy-wide, the % goes up to AT LEAST 100%, or if it's way, way cheaper than it is now.
for 250k you can buy gifts from vendor to gain afection from 0 to 5000 to about 10 companions, I would never buy such perks. IMO its a rip off joke to say the least.
I was known as Fyrakin from Naritus a member of RAID.

LordRahlik
06.11.2012 , 06:45 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Druc View Post
I believe you still have the pay the normal respec fee. This legacy makes so you don't have to return to fleet so no cool down required.... Thoughts on the cost now??
Of course. This is a given when you get a respec-droid. Naturally.
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

llesna
06.11.2012 , 07:06 AM | #125
Two real things I have to say about these:

1) I'd like the option to pay a larger fee to unlock them legacy-wide (as per the suggestion in my signature link). In any case, those seem too expensive for character-specific.

2) What happened to the sprint speed increases (Celerity I and Celerity II)? This was perhaps the biggest upcoming unlock for me, as it would make life in general so much easier, especially for new alts in the future (when we get more than eight character slots).

Kind thoughts
llesna

janne_josefsson
06.11.2012 , 10:42 AM | #126
Too expensive, i will be able to afford these perks for a few characters but then i'm broke. My friends in both guilds on the other hand will not be able to afford much at all (same with 1.2 legacy unlocks, i have quite a few while they have none).

Crafting perks prices are all ok since these are moneymaking perks so in the end they will be well worth it, no complaints there.

Companion affection bonus perks needs atleast one of the devs to pick up a calculator and compare the price and affection bonuses with real ingame situations regarding gaining affection with companions. Ah hell, to be honest, with the devs having pretty exact statistics on the whole gamer populations personal economic status (you know, the "majority of players have less than one mil" thingie. You remember that one right?) keep that calculator going and keep on comparing the prices to obvious "what if'" models with reasonable assumptions of how much of these perks will be bought and by whom.

You have all the data you need to do all of this and to be honest you can do all of this with less than basic skills of
statistics, a 20$ statistics program (or even some crappy freeware), data history of how and where and by whom credits "move" and some common sense.

As it is now with our ghost town servers the only way to make credits is by doing the dailies, and i fail to see where the fun is if i have to do dailies over and over and over and over again so that i can have a bit of fun LATER.
Sure there will be transfers VERY soon and i am very happy with this but i can't help to wonder if the transfers won't bring life to GTN at all, for now i will perish the thought of unlocking future content by doing ...more dailies.

Anyways, fantastic game, no thoughts of unsubbing so far, BW got style, love new content, hate legacy perk prices for the sake of the rest of my casual guild and all others who will have to run dailies over and over so that they can play on other characters.
http://www.myspace.com/ostermalmboys

Music straight from the rock-bottom of society

siyuandai
06.11.2012 , 04:11 PM | #127
Bioware, let me just preface this incoming rant with a few simple laudatory paragraphs:

You have been my favorite video game developer since the days of Baldur's Gate. You have impressed me over and over again with your excellent storytelling (And yes, contrary to the general public, I actually enjoyed the ME3 ending). You have made SWTOR an amazing game (IMO much better than WoW) and you'll be getting my 15 dollars a month for the foreseeable future. To give you an idea of how much I love this game and how dedicated I am to this game, I currently sit at Legacy Level 43 with 3 level 50 characters (1 tank, 1 dps, and 1 healer) in which I run endgame content religiously.

I'm highly looking forward to the group finder thing! The extra 5 black hole comms per day is just gravy at this point. I'm also very excited about the augment tables (I'm gonna augment EVERYTHING!) and the impending server merge/transfers, I can finally get my other two level 50 toons on a different server to merge over to my legacy 43 server (making a total of 5 level 50 toons ).

Ok, now that the praise is out of the way, I have some major problems with the legacy perks Bioware:

Character specific perks? Doesn't this defy the point of whole LEGACY thing (sorry about the caps but I felt I had to emphasize the key word)? Even if you make it per character, which I understand the argument of, why are they so damn expensive? I bought pretty much all of the legacy upgrades from 1.2, except the GTN terminal, but I didn't mind paying for them because those upgrades was across all my toons.

This legacy system is in place to help us as we roll alts, at this point I'm not even sure if I want to do that anymore. I have a few level 10 alts just sitting there because I wanted to wait for 1.3 and get some of those legacy perks before I level, but I guess I'm changing my mind. As of right now I can only see myself buying the improved speeder, and unless you lower the price on everything else or make it legacy wide, I'm saving all my credits for augments.

For games like this it's important to reward players, that's what keeps us from playing. Bioware, idk if ur smoking something, but putting a legacy level requirement for the ABILITY to purchase a perk IS NOT A REWARD! You know what we call that? A grind! For example, why would you make a player reach level 30, and on top of that make him/her pay 300k credits for Advanced Field Repair Droid? Bioware, you do realize that most of us are not Czerka Corporation executives with billions of credits to dole away on overpriced gadgets (*Ahem* Apple)? Most of us have 1 million credits on a main toon, TOPS.

In summary:

I'm very excited about Game Update 1.3, most notably the augment tables, group finder, and impending server merger/transfer; however, the legacy perks are VERY disappointing. My perspective on the legacy perks is shared by many, and Bioware, I hope you take our concerns into consideration before rolling out 1.3. IMO the current state of these legacy perks will NOT help you keep subscribers ...

Thorvath
06.11.2012 , 04:32 PM | #128
The perks definitely need to have an overhaul.
The costs for every single perk are more in line with legacy-wide unlocks than character specific...

Close to 300k for 30% xp buff multiplied by 5 because instead of a straight xp buff they decided to separate out each activity. 200k for a teleport to one daily quest area that has a shared cd with other teleports. 450k for a repair bot. 350k for a 3% increased chance to proc an augment slot on crafted gear (in the patch that makes crit crafted gear obsolete). They split everything out into multiple purchases to make it seem not so bad. And to be fair the 50k for the repair bot on a 1 hr cd is good enough no need to buy the other ranks really.

just taking what I consider the bare essentials for a level 50: 200k daily hub port, 200k field respec, 50k repair bot, 350k for crit crafting.... that's 800,000 credits spent on one character... honestly if they think that's reasonable to spend on single character I shudder to imagine what they think we'd be willing to pay for global unlocks of these perks.

wolfmith
06.12.2012 , 09:11 AM | #129
my feedback: Still overpriced and I don't feel like wasting any credit on them as I didn't before because I don't make enough on playing WZs.
Slancerk | Wolfmith
Kyrar Kote Legions Of Lettow
Proud PvP Player -
981h of playtime (26/05) powered by ASUS ROG G74SX

Philmors
06.12.2012 , 09:52 AM | #130
Yeah, I think the prices for these legacy perks are way too expensive for just one character. if it was legacy wide, then it would be fine but for these perks being character specific, the prices should get a 75% reduction for most of them.