Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.3: Allies is on Public Test Server!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.3: Allies is on Public Test Server!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PackerFanOne
06.06.2012 , 08:13 PM | #21
Would be nice if I could get my Toon copyed over to PTS submited request the first day you could and no luck yet. ***.

GorZie
06.06.2012 , 11:56 PM | #22
I'm a little frustrated, while all the changes look awesome I miss the extra quickbars which are not implemented yet.

platinumruggo
06.07.2012 , 02:51 AM | #23
Maybe I'm missing something, do you have to be approved to play on this? Because I followed the instructions but everytime I try to launch it, the launcher just exits out and I'm sitting there with the 'i am disappoint' face lol. help anyone?

Atom_boy
06.07.2012 , 05:32 AM | #24
Started downloading the pts from scratch yesterday (06/06/12) afternoon about 1600 GMT, it still hasn't finished downloading - even leaving my comp on overnight to install the main assets. its almost been 24hrs now downloading. just hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Just trying to find a way to speed up my download speeds - currently straddling 250 - 290KB/s

any hints or tips? my local broadband speed is about 7.6mb
I will show you all that I have mastered, Fear, Pain, Hatred, Power -
This is the Art of Ruin

MandoArc
06.07.2012 , 06:49 AM | #25
you guys still playing this game this is a rpg online why you guys still here dark soul and dragon dogma is better
Cuban Bounty Hunter

Dozoku
06.07.2012 , 07:04 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MandoArc View Post
you guys still playing this game this is a rpg online why you guys still here dark soul and dragon dogma is better
i never meh shadow for no godly reason which is why alot of us unsub lolz this game won't last next jan

danpen
06.07.2012 , 07:11 AM | #27
The Test sever does not work.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

albinsane
06.07.2012 , 09:12 AM | #28
how long time take it to download it

Adowen
06.07.2012 , 11:46 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by troyh View Post
I think this is horrible. I had to swap servers and leave behind 2 level 50s and level 25 legacy to join another server because our population was so low. Since moving to this new server I have leveled up 2 more 50s a 40 and brought my legacy back up to level 30.. You are now telling me that you won't reunite my characters for free because you don't want populations to become unbalanced? I'll be logged on and playing even if I move my characters to this server.

Solution:
Players should be allowed to transfer characters from dead servers to ANY server that they have at least 1 level 50 or legacy level 6 (like they did with the free 30 days). This will keep the over populated servers from gaining too many new players and it will also help to compensate for forcing us to transfer because Bioware added too many servers at launch. After all aren't we the ones that loved the game so much we left it all behind and started over fresh just to keep playing? Why screw over the customers that love the game the most.

If you are not going to allow us to do this then the least you can do is allow me cross-server mail, legacy and character buffs. I feel like me and many others are really getting the shaft with player transfers that we have been waiting on for months longer then it should have taken.

Bioware care to comment? Or will this be ignored like so many other legitimate posts.
Well I dont think BioWare will comment your post, but atleast I can do it.
Now lucky for me I'm not in your position, but I can still understand how frustrating it would have been to leave out your characters that you have spent so much time on just because BioWare made a misstake and put into many different servers at launch.
It's no more then right that they will compensate this, and a solution for that is your first idéa.
I think that was a very good idéa, because (as you said) it will stop the high populate servers from being even more populated.
Even so you have to understand what BioWare is trying to do here.
They wont survive if they'd let ous do that beacuse if all players gather around 3 servers, and everything else will be dead, less and less players will actually play the game.
This is what's happening for WoW at the moment, and I think it will be their grave, ofc will the mist of pandaria save them, but only momentary.
So even if I think it's nothing more then right to give you what you actually deserve, I will have to disagree, for this game!
I hope you can see it from other ways and will keep on playing the game and enjoy it to it's fullest.

Sincerely// Adowen

Scepter
06.07.2012 , 01:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Adowen View Post
Well I dont think BioWare will comment your post, but atleast I can do it.
Now lucky for me I'm not in your position, but I can still understand how frustrating it would have been to leave out your characters that you have spent so much time on just because BioWare made a misstake and put into many different servers at launch.
It's no more then right that they will compensate this, and a solution for that is your first idéa.
I think that was a very good idéa, because (as you said) it will stop the high populate servers from being even more populated.
Even so you have to understand what BioWare is trying to do here.
They wont survive if they'd let ous do that beacuse if all players gather around 3 servers, and everything else will be dead, less and less players will actually play the game.
This is what's happening for WoW at the moment, and I think it will be their grave, ofc will the mist of pandaria save them, but only momentary.
So even if I think it's nothing more then right to give you what you actually deserve, I will have to disagree, for this game!
I hope you can see it from other ways and will keep on playing the game and enjoy it to it's fullest.

Sincerely// Adowen

if someone has a character on a high pop server how would them bringing their 50's from another server there make it more populated? they're already there...