Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Adaptive Social Gear in Action!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Adaptive Social Gear in Action!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlysonBridge
06.06.2012 , 10:00 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
With the inclusion of Adaptive Gear in Game Update 1.3: Allies, you and your friends will be able to wear any social item in the game, and add augments to let you use it in the most perilous battles. See some of the different social items that you’ll be able to wear in any Flashpoint or Operation in this video.

Watch Now

Atomitor
06.06.2012 , 10:06 AM | #2
will we be able to strip the mods from battle master gear and still retain the bonus?
I'd been loving my assassin with his unique look, got to 50 and bam, I have to look like every other assassin out there. pretty much stopped playing the character there and then.

Drom
06.06.2012 , 10:26 AM | #3
wow, took only 6 months to make social gear relevant in the game...
Dromfel, Imperial Agent (Operative lvl 50) | Imperator Mos | Sith Empire | Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU PvP server)

Diet-Hutt
06.06.2012 , 10:40 AM | #4
NOW you're talking!

Bio/EA...this was a long time coming but this is the type of FUN this game needs to survive.

It's a good move in the right direction and gives players more creativity in making their characters more personalized and unique.

It also encourages team play and Flashpoint running.
Which this game needs more of.

Keep it up, folks!

KUDOS!

- DH
"Wow, remind me to hide my headgear."

bibobpipop
06.06.2012 , 10:47 AM | #5
Now people can finally stop moaning about me running around in operations as marauder with my Imp-Soldier-outfit

Question tho, will the armor also adapt to the highest wearable level on companions?

Momotunde
06.06.2012 , 10:53 AM | #6
Will we get to keep our set bonuses? Or is this feature only for pre-Ops gameplay...

psi_overtake
06.06.2012 , 11:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Momotunde View Post
Will we get to keep our set bonuses? Or is this feature only for pre-Ops gameplay...
Since the higher-level sets have the bonus attached to the armor, you'll be able to transfer the bonus (you can currently do this on live).
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

cgrotzke
06.06.2012 , 11:24 AM | #8
I don't fully understand what's new. I can add Mods, Armour and Enhancements to the social gear already, I've got companions wearing them. What is being added?

Shingara
06.06.2012 , 11:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cgrotzke View Post
I don't fully understand what's new. I can add Mods, Armour and Enhancements to the social gear already, I've got companions wearing them. What is being added?
The fact that if you wear medium armour it changes from light to medium. and light to heavy etc.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

ScarletBlaze
06.06.2012 , 11:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cgrotzke View Post
For a medium armor person if they wear a social gear (which at the moment is set for light armor) it gimps your armor rating . In other words if you wear medium armor and you use light armor you have actually cut your amor rating down by xx amount of points.

A friend of mine tried this on just one piece and it cut her armor down to 50 or so points on her amor and when you get higher it makes a big difference.

What they are doing now makes the amor work to what type of your amor is. You don't lose any rating/points on your armor this way and makes it more viable for anyone to wear it now (or when the patch goes live)
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR