Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

copy char to testserver...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Forgon
06.12.2012 , 08:40 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuskin View Post
My character got copied over.. only the name is a bunch of random letters

http://i.imgur.com/iUMoI.jpg
By chance, was the name of your other character Lelouch?
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Skaol-dirtyd
06.12.2012 , 08:43 AM | #242
Well I must be unlucky b/c I still have no characters copied over.

Will just have to rely on you guys for the info and testing
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!

DarthZaul
06.12.2012 , 09:12 AM | #243
I got copied now! EPICSAUCE.

Lets see if it really is "A whole different game" as everyone says.

Beron
06.12.2012 , 09:31 AM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, as promised, we have investigated this issue after seeing how a large number of people didn't have their characters copied (based on the amount of posts in this thread), we decided to go back and manually re-enter those accounts again. Many of you that signed up on Friday should now see your characters copied over.

There was an error involved in one of the manual processes in character copying and we have since rectified this. We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Please enjoy playing on the Public Test Server!
Thank you

varrangian
06.12.2012 , 09:51 AM | #245
Good to see a lot of people have had reversals of fortunes. I'm happy that the Devs looked into this further. Wish I had made the cut, but that's not the important thing here.

Rankyn
06.12.2012 , 10:53 AM | #246
Nope, still no copy for me.
Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Shingara
06.12.2012 , 10:57 AM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, as promised, we have investigated this issue after seeing how a large number of people didn't have their characters copied (based on the amount of posts in this thread), we decided to go back and manually re-enter those accounts again. Many of you that signed up on Friday should now see your characters copied over.

There was an error involved in one of the manual processes in character copying and we have since rectified this. We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Please enjoy playing on the Public Test Server!
As peeved as i was, not because i wasnt xfered and was throwing the teddy but because we were specifically told we would be xfered as we were required to test im actually happy to see this statement. As such i just take it on the chin as we were helping to test the xfers as you obviously found a problem due to this and have since fixed it shows that we as testers do some good on this game.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

grezgorz
06.12.2012 , 11:04 AM | #248
When will this be automated?

dosadnik
06.12.2012 , 12:48 PM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by grezgorz View Post
When will this be automated?
Well since they have server transfers now, my guess is when 1.4 hits the PTS.
The online encyclopedia for TOR, that anyone can edit!

Caito Level 55 Jedi Knight The Red Eclipse

xephoniphulus
06.14.2012 , 09:40 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by Holopax View Post
So if this fails after cutoff hour on friday, how do you expect the response will be from those who tried repeated attempts to sign on when the form was first posted for 1.3 single character transfer ?
i did the survey on day 1 and my level 50 isn't on PTS guess they only choose certain people /sigh