Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

copy char to testserver...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DenokillerJedi
06.08.2012 , 09:23 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
There could be additional reasons for a character copy to fail (which we'll investigate) that are unknown, but one reason we could identify was not filling out the survey correctly. For any that failed for other reasons, we still may not be able to copy those characters, but we'll investigate the causes.

If they were Concerned about Us filling out it correctly they would have given more detailed instructions.

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Allison relayed that character copies were done for today and that players who filled out their surveys incorrectly, may not have copied over. One of the most common reasons why a copy fails is a mistake somewhere on the survey, but of course, other factors may be a cause. In fact, on the PTS blog we state:

We cannot guarantee that every character will copy to the PTS successfully, however we can assure you that characters on Live servers will not be affected in any way should the tool fail. If you notice that you filled out the survey but your character did not copy, please fill out the survey again.

We know you are all excited to play, but please also allow for constructive discourse.

The problem that everyone has is with these 2 posts:

If you haven't been copied, you should try filling the survey out again before the end of the day today. If it is filled out correctly, you'll be copied as part of tomorrow's batch!
We'll be running the batch through today, so if you have filled out everything correctly, you should see your character on PTS before the day is over!

It is wrong for Allison to say these things as they are bad CSR responses (you'll is short for you will), then to come back and say we did not fill the survey out right is also very unprofessional, its 3 lines. it is not rocket science.

GooseGrims
06.08.2012 , 09:33 PM | #112
i entered my Mercenary the day we could and when PTS came back up he was coppied over twice, i thought "whatever" and played a bit, yesterday i entered the info for my Sage checked it just now to see if she was coppied over and wouldnt you know it, my Merc, for a third time.... really?

and incase some dev wants to tell me i entered it wrong no i did not i checked and rechecked.
◄█||||||||()█╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

ShiningKnights
06.08.2012 , 10:07 PM | #113
I filled out my form on day 1. No copy to the PTR. Oh well. Classic Bioware: Overpromise, Underdeliver.

Yep, letting my sub expire for sure in T-minus 10 days

mrphreak
06.08.2012 , 10:12 PM | #114
Waited ALL day after I entered my info correctly about 15 times. Yet no lvl 50 copied. Please fix it. Space Slug is the server and Tir is the name.

I am not sure how you can "error" 15 times. Its YOUR fault not MINE. Please fix it.

mrphreak
06.08.2012 , 10:19 PM | #115
One more thing, I am PAYING YOU MONEY TO TEST YOUR PRODUCT. Getting to level 10 is fun and all but I want one of my level 50's over....

Leggomy
06.08.2012 , 11:03 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by mrphreak View Post
One more thing, I am PAYING YOU MONEY TO TEST YOUR PRODUCT. Getting to level 10 is fun and all but I want one of my level 50's over....
They do not need everyone to test. They have plenty. Play on live servers.

varrangian
06.08.2012 , 11:15 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
Based on the number of bugs that are getting through I'm not sure how many are actually "testing".

Leggomy
06.08.2012 , 11:18 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by varrangian View Post
Based on the number of bugs that are getting through I'm not sure how many are actually "testing".
I agree. I filled out the form the first day it was available. Then I filled it out 4 times since. None of the characters were moved. So Im testing stuff like the group finder and things I do not need to be level 50 for. I agree I think most consider it a preview of new content than testing it for bugs etc.

NDiggy
06.08.2012 , 11:18 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Leggomy View Post
There aren't even enough people to adequately test the LFG tool on the PTS, so I highly doubt they have enough. Given the quality of the patches we've gotten, I doubt they've ever had enough people testing.
A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats. -
Benjamin Franklin

Leggomy
06.08.2012 , 11:38 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by NDiggy View Post
There aren't even enough people to adequately test the LFG tool on the PTS, so I highly doubt they have enough. Given the quality of the patches we've gotten, I doubt they've ever had enough people testing.
You do not need to be level 50 nor have a character copied to test the LFG tool.