Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

copy char to testserver...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheHolgar
06.06.2012 , 09:54 AM | #1
how long does it take after one did the survey?
Sith Inquisitor

ChristoMinaverus
06.06.2012 , 10:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHolgar View Post
how long does it take after one did the survey?
I did one on day one and did not get mine done. so who knows. 0,0
The Hand of the Empire- The Ebonhawk RP Guild
Together we can overthrow the Emperor

TheHolgar
06.06.2012 , 10:10 AM | #3
ooh, damn that sucks, guess i just have to wait then.
Sith Inquisitor

rhirne
06.06.2012 , 10:36 AM | #4
on the PTS forums, AllisonBerryman stated that if you filled out the form before Monday, your character should already be copied over to the PTS. They are still transferring characters in batches so if you fill out the form now, it will be transfered at some point just not immediately since it's a manual process they are using
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

amnie
06.06.2012 , 10:41 AM | #5
heh, I had to download the PTS-client again anyway. still 10gb to go and I'm gonna stop the download now to play... but from what I gathered from other people who signed up on the day the sign-up went live, their chars are so far all on the PTS

PunisherAS
06.06.2012 , 11:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
heh, I had to download the PTS-client again anyway. still 10gb to go and I'm gonna stop the download now to play... but from what I gathered from other people who signed up on the day the sign-up went live, their chars are so far all on the PTS
Signed up May 26th... no transfer.
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations

Shingara
06.06.2012 , 11:30 AM | #7
I signed up and just waiting, but patience young jedis. this is also testing mass automated transfers so its gonna be a bit hit and miss, they are testing it via the pts now ready for deployment for live.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

DarthNuke
06.06.2012 , 11:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rhirne View Post
it will be transfered at some point just not immediately since it's a manual process they are using
So...we're being lead to believe they have a transfer tool we can use in "early summer".....but it's so broke they can't even use it on the test server? They have to manually transfer?

Wow.

rhirne
06.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNuke View Post
So...we're being lead to believe they have a transfer tool we can use in "early summer".....but it's so broke they can't even use it on the test server? They have to manually transfer?

Wow.
By manual I mean they themselves are copying the characters over - no automatic transfer for us to do it on our own. They say within a couple weeks, server transfers will be comming. And from past conversations, they said it would be them doing first, then later we would get an automated tool. Biggest issue they are running into now is Legacy Names which it sounds like they have that figured out.

For instance, on the PTS, some peoples characters were copied twice, some people ahve their character names as LKJLKUBKOPJG so it's still a WiP
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

Shingara
06.06.2012 , 12:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNuke View Post

Wow.
Broken ? let me ask you, have you ever set up mass transfer of chars through a computer system to take into account legacy names etc and all the other variables , no you say, well neither have they.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731