1.3 Patch Notes Released - STILL NO NIGHTMARE MODE?!

So,

As a semi-hardcore raider, I look forward to new challenges with each major content patch. Hard modes are not a real challenge right now in Denova, once you get the basic mechanics down and there is a HUGE margin for error.

Our guild tested the Denova content on PTS when it was live, and it was HARD. Really hard. The enrage timers were tighter, there were more mechanics and to my knowledge no one killed Toth & Zorn on HM 16m until they nerfed the heck out of the encounter (which is okay for HM and SM).

But there were other mechanics in place like a huge knockback that made the encounter difficult, you couldn't afford to make mistakes. It was NIGHTMARE difficulty.

It has been nearly 2 months since the release of 1.2 and we still have no sign of Nightmare mode being enabled for Denova. We were promised more mechanics, difficult encounters and a whole new level of gear for defeating at the nightmare level.

What is the hold-up? Can we get word if this has simply been scrapped or if it is coming SOON. 2 months, Bioware puts together another major content patch, with no new operations or flashpoints and can't put together nightmare mode for an already existing operation?

Our guild was looking forward to helping test Nightmare mode, or having it released without testing with 1.3 (both are fun and exciting ways to release content), and this is a huge let down. First ranked warzones scare away quality PVP players. Now you're letting down the semi-hardcore to hardcore PVE raiders.

Can we get some dev love on this thread? Give us some indication if there is a light at the end of the tunnel? We really don't want to be raiding the same 5 encounters for a total of 4 months before getting to try something new.

They're way behind the curve on content for anyone who plays MMOs regularly, at a level above "casual". It's frustrating... however, I also wish they'd stop ignoring this segment of their subscriber base. They could at least throw us a bone here... hardcore PvE guilds are dying out.

Can we get some dev love on this thread? Give us some indication if there is a light at the end of the tunnel? We really don't want to be raiding the same 5 encounters for a total of 4 months before getting to try something new.

^This.

Yesterday we cleared all EC HM 16Man in 2 hours. Please say something about Nightmare mode. And I hope the next operation BW Release will be huge. Dont worry about story, cinematics, sound effects or planets. Give us an operation with 15 hard bosses and 3 difficult modes. Only thinks to kill and we will be happy.

Only a raider opinion. We need new things to do ASAP. I'm sure you understand the frustration when in 2-3-4 hours you can actually destroy the more difficult pve-content in the game and you've nothing to do until next tuesday.

It's not a matter of too good players o too much time playing. It's simple we have only 4 bosses and there aren't hard enough.

Edited by Astoncam

Hey this isn't totaly in the subject although I totaly agree on the fact that it's taking too long to get Nightmare mode. But where didi you see de 1.3 patch notes ? Do you have any link. I've been searching and all I see is a new post from de devs on classe changes...But no full patch note.

Was more or less expecting Nightmare not to be included with 1.3. It was basically stated it was a content light patch.

That being said there still an issue of Raiding guilds starting to lose members or disband or leave the game. Pretty much every semi to hardcore raiding guild I know on Server and off is bleeding members and will probably lose more by the time new content is actually out.

As anyone who's been on a top progression raid team, we're fully aware raid content is usually a minor priority because of the small number of people who've actually done it.

We understand this Bioware, but please just throw us a Bone. Denova was a great tier for you guys, but quite frankly its not enough.

We need Nightmare Mode just as much as the masses need Transfers and the LFG Tool.

The problem with them even releasing NM Denova is that even with new mechanics or whatever they do to make NM Denova challenging, it will still be Denova. Guilds who have had this zone cleared for weeks and weeks are bored to death with the look and feel of this Operation.

NM Denova needs to either have radically different mechanics or they need to do something similar to what they did with KP, and that's add new bosses. I don't think they're going to do that, because it's already a 4 boss Operation, but we'll have to see.

If NM Denova is HM Mechanics + 1 more thing, it's going to be really dumb and a lot of raiders are going to be upset.

Here is a small preview of Darth Hater's interview with Daniel Erickson:

On that note, are you going to be putting Nightmare Mode on the public test server?

Daniel Erickson: Yeah, we have to.

The full interview will be up on Darth Hater relatively soon with a fairly lengthy explanation and speaking directly to this very issue.

Edited by Emlaeh

Here is a small preview of Darth Hater's interview with Daniel Erickson:

On that note, are you going to be putting Nightmare Mode on the public test server?

Daniel Erickson: Yeah, we have to.

The full interview will be up on Darth Hater relatively soon with a fairly lengthy explanation and speaking directly to this very issue.

Thank you, I know I am looking forward to reading it!

The interview was good, and sounds like Nightmare is coming, but it sounds like it has fallen into the "coming soon" pool and not this round of testing. So unless its put in a new patch on PTS next week, it sounds like we're still waiting.

Is it me, or did anyone else get that he was basically calling us impatient? I can sort of understand where he's coming from but after 2 months of the same 4 bosses I would have thought we'd at least have a "we're aiming for 1.x" by now. Don't get me wrong, I love denova but 4 bosses is just not enough for a full tier. Sigh.... Looks like its going to be a long summer.......

I loved the questions that were asked in the Darth Hater interview, but the answers just go in circles and leave me asking the same questions. I feel like all we learned for sure is that Nightmare EC will be on the PTS before it goes live, but we don't have any idea when that will happen. It could be tomorrow, it could be 2 months from now or more.

"There are a lot of guilds out there right now who cleared Hard Mode. They log in their day, they get all their stuff, they say “I’m here and I’m ready for Explosive Conflict Nightmare mode.” What do you say to those guys?" That was a perfect question and sums up how a lot of us feel. In response, I feel like Daniel Erickson danced around the issue, talking about what seem to be really basic things such as making sure your group gets into the right instance. The rest of the answer talks about adding features such as ranked warzones, but I don't see how that relates to getting Nightmare mode Operations ready to test.

I understand you don't want to commit until things are close to ready, but this response really just doesn't tell us anything. To the extent it does give specifics, it sounds like there are some really basic things that need to be resolved, which makes me worry that the content is not close to being ready.

Another question asked "What was the driver to revamp and redo these Nightmare Modes of the current Operations?" I feel like this question is assuming or taking as a fact that Bioware is going to go back and redesign the existing Tier 1 Nightmare mode raids (EV and KP). We have seen other sites hint at the same thing. But nowhere in the response does Daniel Erickson confirm that they will be re-doing Tier 1 heroics, which has me (and most of my guild) confused about what is actually being developed. Is Bioware just revamping their approach to new heroic content during the design process for Nightmare EC, or are they actually going back and redesigning the existing Nightmare content that we have already cleared?

I wouldn't say that at all. The impression I got was that he understood how we're all feeling, what guilds are dealing with, and they are really trying to avoid putting broken stuff live. It needs to be solid. From what I understood, it's not just an added mechanic and more health for Nightmare, but they might change their minds on that too.

I personally don't want to see a return of early Eternity Vault, but at the same time, I want to have good competitive 16 man Nightmare community so I'm on the fence about the decision to put it for public testing.

At this particular point with everyone basically stating attrition is taking its toll, there is no way to have that until after server transfers are in place. It would make zero sense to put Nightmare out there without server transfers because even with few exceptions, the majority is going through the same thing. Maybe it will give a chance for guilds to merge with one another across servers and a bit of practice before it hits. I am really curious as to how it will shake out.

Just my $0.02.

ETA:

Another question asked "What was the driver to revamp and redo these Nightmare Modes of the current Operations?" I feel like this question is assuming or taking as a fact that Bioware is going to go back and redesign the existing Tier 1 Nightmare mode raids (EV and KP). We have seen other sites hint at the same thing. But nowhere in the response does Daniel Erickson confirm that they will be re-doing Tier 1 heroics, which has me (and most of my guild) confused about what is actually being developed. Is Bioware just revamping their approach to new heroic content during the design process for Nightmare EC, or are they actually going back and redesigning the existing Nightmare content that we have already cleared?

Yeah, he confirms it again (it was part of the presentation we saw) that they are going back and redoing Nightmare for Tier 1. His stated reason behind it was that simply wasn't hard enough. I expect this will also provide an upgraded loot table, and going back to the server transfer thing, it will give a bit of familiarity to people who may have unsubbed and came back again, but not appear super stale for those people farming the thing since December.

The whole approach to Nightmare is being changed. You should be able to look at someone and say "that guy does Nightmare." That was the whole itemization fail for Tier 1 -- there was little point to doing Nightmare except for the bragging rights (which you couldn't verify because the same loot dropped in Hard, just less of it). The mount should've been it, but the content was way too easy. Ops need carrots on sticks.

He probably used the Warzone example to hit on that topic because he needed a specific example of bugs affecting timing that people could relate to.

Or he just wanted to use that example and I'm reading too much into it. :D

All I know is that we deliberately avoided asking questions about rated/cross server PVP because we just did an interview on that not too long ago, and anything different or changed, they'll just put a dev blog on it anyway. I think he got a lot of flack when they pushed back rated due to the bugs they experienced with it, and I'm sure he isn't going to promise a date for Nightmare on test or on live in case they find something really game breaking with it like loot tables all screwed up or something (just a hypothetical to illustrate the reason why he would use that example).

Edited by Emlaeh

Thanks Emlaeh, I appreciate the follow up and that does clarify what the plan is for the existing Nightmare raids. It all sounds great and we're excited to see it on the PTS as soon as it can reasonably get there. :)