PVP Changes - 1.3

DarthNuke

PvP

General

•Players are no longer flagged for PvP if they use their class buff on a player that is flagged.

•New introductory level 50 PvP missions that reward a choice of lockboxes that contain Recruit PvP gear have been added to the game. Players who already have Recruit gear can elect to receive a Recruit Credit Redemption Token, which can be sold for the purchase price of a set of Recruit gear.

•Players are no longer removed from their current group when they join a Warzone. While a player is in a Warzone, all functions affect the Warzone group. Players that are not in the Warzone will see the original group normally, and when the Warzone is over, players in the Warzone will be able to interact with their original group.

•Players who are stunned or immobilized no longer appear to teleport a short distance to a new location on other players' screens.

•Medical probe revivals can no longer be called in PvP regions belonging to the opposing faction.

•Relics that have effects activated "on hit" no longer cause players to remain in combat longer than expected during PvP.

•The "on use" abilities on relics can no longer be used inside Warzones. PvP relics (such as the Recruit, Battlemaster, and War hero relics) now have passive boosts to the same stats that the "on use" ability affected.

•New relics that offer "on hit" triggered abilities are now available from PvP vendors.

•Warzone Expertise Adrenals have been renamed to Warzone Adrenals. The item now only provides PvP Damage Reduction and does not boost healing or damage.

•Adrenals that were craftable by Biochemists before 1.3 can no longer be used in PvP areas. Biochemists can now craft a version of the Warzone Adrenal.

•The duration of the Warzone Adrenal has been reduced to 15 seconds (down from 25) to match the duration of other Adrenals.

Discuss....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nerfs to biochem make me sad, but I get what they are doing. Global TTK has been reduced, which should make healers happy.

They kinda had to do something, because none of the other crew skills give anything of use for PvP. I'm sick of having to level biochem for every character I want to pvp on

I don't get the adrenal thing. If I craft one after 1.3 can it be used? Either way they have made biochem a non requirement for PvP.

The ones you crafted before 1.3 cannot be used in warzones.

They changed the adrenals that are on the ground inside warzones so now it only boosts your pvp defense, and does not increase your damage and healing. You can also craft a version of those, and they're usable inside warzones.

Edited by YanksfanJP

•New introductory level 50 PvP missions that reward a choice of lockboxes that contain Recruit PvP gear have been added to the game. Players who already have Recruit gear can elect to receive a Recruit Credit Redemption Token, which can be sold for the purchase price of a set of Recruit gear.

If they are going to go this far as to make recruit gear completely free... why not go the step further and make pvp gear a requirement for joining WZs to begin with?

That way, not only do you get the recruit gear free, but you are forced to use it so people can stop QQing about being blown up so fast. Also it would eleminate the advantage that certain classes still get with their mix of rakata/WH/BM gear. Further dividing the PvE and PvP communities... true, but free gear that is reasonably competitive and the low time investment to get BM gear should be more than enough to keep PvErs able to PvP like the PvPers.

AND Shadow/Sin tanks got a nice little nerf. I love this patch. No more Adrenal+Relic BS, a strong mechanic to encourage people to buy their Recruit gear, and DPS-Tanking brought down a touch, seems 1.3 is really taking strides to bring imbalances in line. Now we just need a fix to Expertise.

I don't get the adrenal thing. If I craft one after 1.3 can it be used? Either way they have made biochem a non requirement for PvP.

They are preventing the Power Adrenal from being stacked with the PVP Expertise Buff. New craftable expertise adrenals will replace the power ones that the current biochemist uses, but will not stack with the red buff from warzones.

I do not see this changing much for my PVP experience, other than having to craft a new adrenal, and being able to pass it to my non-biochemist alts.

Thank you for posting this. The adrenal/relic moves shouldnt be a surprise they pretty much said they were going to control them as that is the reason they thought TTK was to high. Oh well it will help bring some of the burst inline.

Now to go find the class changes!

They are preventing the Power Adrenal from being stacked with the PVP Expertise Buff. New craftable expertise adrenals will replace the power ones that the current biochemist uses, but will not stack with the red buff from warzones.

I do not see this changing much for my PVP experience, other than having to craft a new adrenal, and being able to pass it to my non-biochemist alts.

Yeah I took another look at it... makes more sense they really addressed the TTK with this patch.

What the biochem and relic changes mean is removing cd management and resources and introducing random on hit damage, biochem will be useless and everyone will go cyber tech for the grenades, which will lead to a cyber tech nerf in 1.4.

This game is going the same way WoW has gone, crafting will give some minor static stat bonus and will be more or less meaningless.

AND Shadow/Sin tanks got a nice little nerf. I love this patch. No more Adrenal+Relic BS, a strong mechanic to encourage people to buy their Recruit gear, and DPS-Tanking brought down a touch, seems 1.3 is really taking strides to bring imbalances in line. Now we just need a fix to Expertise.

I can't cast judgement on the Shadow/Sin tank nerfs yet....they might not be that bad and needed.

What stinks is the other 2 trees didn't get buffed. On paper, Shadows/Sins do not appear to be needed in Ops at all since other classes do those jobs better...and for PVP other ranged classes offer more DPS and higher survivabilty (due to abilities and using range/kiting as a defense).

We'll see I guess...

I can't cast judgement on the Shadow/Sin tank nerfs yet....they might not be that bad and needed.

What stinks is the other 2 trees didn't get buffed. On paper, Shadows/Sins do not appear to be needed in Ops at all since other classes do those jobs better...and for PVP other ranged classes offer more DPS and higher survivabilty (due to abilities and using range/kiting as a defense).

We'll see I guess...

Yea, that is my worry with the sin changes. Currently all the sin excelled at was tankassin PvP.

PvP

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't this have the effect of encouraging people to NOT get the recruit set at all, and instead rely on these missions to get the pieces for free? Seems to me the net result would be MORE people entering WZ's with less expertise.

We'll see I guess...

Yup.. They just killed Shadows.. No point to play this class at all.. Infiltration/Balance is a joke in PvP.. And now they nerfed ARMOR of tank stance.. So basically there is no more TANK class in Shadow Consular...

Congratulations! you will see no shadows/ assasins not WZs nor in Ops..

Would all shadows who like play Tank reroll? doubt it..

So as analytics predicted, the nuber of subs will decrease from 1.1mln (as for today) to the 700-800K by the end of summer

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't this have the effect of encouraging people to NOT get the recruit set at all, and instead rely on these missions to get the pieces for free? Seems to me the net result would be MORE people entering WZ's with less expertise.

The lockboxes have PvP recruit gear in them. It doesn't tell you what kind of quest or how you complete it in the message. It could be a simple as talking to some NPC and boom lockbox with PvP recruit gear in the reward. It shouldn't be some long drawn out quest, because I could see that detering people like you said.

Edited by DarkDruidSS

Maybe, but the box gives you your money back if you purchased it. So in theory there's less reason to be cheap about spending the money, since you can recoup some or all of it.

So the relic I spent 200 daily comms to boost my power by 405 is now useless in pvp after 1.3? Which is all I do really. Great. Can I get my 200 comms back please? That's a lot of time spent for nothing now.

So the relic I spent 200 daily comms to boost my power by 405 is now useless in pvp after 1.3? Which is all I do really. Great. Can I get my 200 comms back please? That's a lot of time spent for nothing now.

Customer appreciation ftw.

Well, you shouldn't have been using a PVE relic anyway. You would've been better off using a PVP relic and a Matrix cube.