Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Damnit bioware!!!!!!


jarros's Avatar


jarros
12.18.2011 , 11:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
No, it makes perfect sense.

If i'm trying to hack your account, and get one question, then i have to find that answer to be able to get in. I have only piece of information to use.

If i can get access to 3-5 questions, however, then I just need to answer any one of them. I now have multiple points to attack to try to find out more about you.

Also, when it comes to phishing emails, if you see something asking a security question, then you know it's not right. If people saw "Here are your five security questions to prove its really us" then they might be duped more easily. It gives someone trying to hack an account far less information to use in trying to do so.
ah yeah see, thats great and all.

but the one question they are giving us is bugged. many people have stated that the question they are being asked wasn't even one they filled out.

broken. end of story.

Darthshnooky's Avatar


Darthshnooky
12.18.2011 , 11:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by alexmis View Post
I've been waiting for 2 days for an adequate response about the problem with credit card subscription.I work in a technical helpdesk as an operator, we serve many thousands of people each day, and i'm sorry to say but never in my experience i've seen such client/customer ignoring.

When we are having issues we post something like "we are dealing with it", or "it is being investigated", but here all i see is silence - no answer, no denial, nothing.As if i didn't spend my money to buy their product.I understand that there are thousands of others who want to get help.But i also understand that if you launch a game that supports something like a million of players from the bare start you should set up a call center or helpdesk that is able to deal with all those people and can give a response at least in the same day.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
You're wrong. No company is going to set up adequate customer service for hundreds of thousands of people on day one. It's simply financially and logistically impossible. Down the line, maybe, not day a week before launch.

rickpArry's Avatar


rickpArry
12.18.2011 , 11:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
Except you're looking at it the wrong way. To you, the fact that it asks only one security question is a flaw or bug. It is intentional by design. Only one question is asked so that someone cannot spam attempts to access your account and find out ALL of your security questions. If someone found out all 3 questions, they would have more opportunities to then find out one of those answers.

Only having access to one question limits the ability of someone else to try to gain access to your account.
i understand what you mean, however when do we draw the line between secure and too secure? because rite now allot pf people are locked out of their account because they cant get passed their own security. we pay 60+ dollars for this game, and we should be able to play it. I mean Bioware should just do something, because if they ignore this problem they will lose alot of money and customers.

Gicker's Avatar


Gicker
12.18.2011 , 11:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Reasonable is subjective. Everyone has their own definition. It doesnt change the fact that you have to hold on the line and wait in the queue to be answered.

One thing i can say with 100% certainty is that complaining here and hanging up after 5 minutes, definitley isnt going to get your issue fixed.
I think she's trying to show how logical and reasonable she is. Except he/she can't even be logical and reasonable enough to empathize with another person's point of view who is having a legitimate problem.

And from what I'm reading people are waiting hours on the phone. Subjective my butt. Find 1 person in a thousand who's been in that situation and wasn't annoyed by it. Heartless garbage by another forum troll.

Darthshnooky's Avatar


Darthshnooky
12.18.2011 , 11:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jarros View Post
ah yeah see, thats great and all.

but the one question they are giving us is bugged. many people have stated that the question they are being asked wasn't even one they filled out.

broken. end of story.
Except the post by SR stated clearly that:

"We have investigated previous reported issues where people believe they are being asked questions they have not provided answers for. In every case we have discovered that the user did provide an answer, but forgot it."

You can read it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...5282#edit35282

I'm more prone to listening to the company running the thing with access to user information and customer support records, then the cries of people who forgot their security questions. This is something BW could NOT have planned on. Their CS lines are being swamped by folks who seem to have been careless in setting up their security questions. This has probably led to the massive overwhelming wait times, etc.

Darthshnooky's Avatar


Darthshnooky
12.18.2011 , 11:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by rickpArry View Post
i understand what you mean, however when do we draw the line between secure and too secure? because rite now allot pf people are locked out of their account because they cant get passed their own security. we pay 60+ dollars for this game, and we should be able to play it. I mean Bioware should just do something, because if they ignore this problem they will lose alot of money and customers.
I disagree. When it comes to MMO accounts, there simply is no such thing as TOO secure. I want my information protected, because hacking accounts and selling user info or digital assets is big business. It's unfortunate that people have been inconvenienced by this whole thing, but it's far superior to massive numbers of hacked accounts.

Mamono's Avatar


Mamono
12.18.2011 , 11:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
Except you're looking at it the wrong way. To you, the fact that it asks only one security question is a flaw or bug. It is intentional by design. Only one question is asked so that someone cannot spam attempts to access your account and find out ALL of your security questions. If someone found out all 3 questions, they would have more opportunities to then find out one of those answers.

Only having access to one question limits the ability of someone else to try to gain access to your account.
Would be really nice if the security question was actually one of the questions you actually wrote down. Im getting a question that is not on my "secure question list". :s

Hidukel's Avatar


Hidukel
12.18.2011 , 11:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
I'm not helping? Let me restate it for you and others.


If you have an account problem, you need to telephone them and wait in the queue, no matter how long it is.

This is because they need to verify that you are who you say you are. They will not help by email.

The only way to fix account issue like this is to telephone them and wait. If you can't understand that or you think you should jump the queue above everyone else that has problems, then i'm sorry, you'll just be stuck in the same situation you are in now.

That is the only solution to the problem. I'm sorry if you feel differently.
Well, for anyone that lives outside the USA, UK, Germany or France have to pay an international call to contact the CS. Then you will get a recording saying that the SQA problems it's solved and that if you call for something else plese call back later, the same message in English, German and French, and then they hang you up. If you are lucky enough they get you in the q and then you wait for 2 hours, so you pay quite a lot for the simple reason to be in the q, and at the end, perhaps, you can get the problem solved.

I have the SQA problem, so it pisses me off that they say it's solved, but it isn't. And it pisses me off even more that i have to make an international call to UK to just listen a recording and then it's done.

Darthshnooky's Avatar


Darthshnooky
12.18.2011 , 11:50 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hidukel View Post
Well, for anyone that lives outside the USA, UK, Germany or France have to pay an international call to contact the CS. Then you will get a recording saying that the SQA problems it's solved and that if you call for something else plese call back later, the same message in English, German and French, and then they hang you up. If you are lucky enough they get you in the q and then you wait for 2 hours, so you pay quite a lot for the simple reason to be in the q, and at the end, perhaps, you can get the problem solved.

I have the SQA problem, so it pisses me off that they say it's solved, but it isn't. And it pisses me off even more that i have to make an international call to UK to just listen a recording and then it's done.
Where are you calling from? If you're in the red zone, then you can't expect too much support for a game not supported in your region. I don't mean they should ignore you, but you can't expect a local number since they haven't launched where you are.

rickpArry's Avatar


rickpArry
12.18.2011 , 11:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
I disagree. When it comes to MMO accounts, there simply is no such thing as TOO secure. I want my information protected, because hacking accounts and selling user info or digital assets is big business. It's unfortunate that people have been inconvenienced by this whole thing, but it's far superior to massive numbers of hacked accounts.
Valid point. We can agree do disagree, however if we just leave account security alone, Bioware still should at least hire more phone line people to reduce the queue times if nothing else.

after all, we may be idiots who for our our sqa answers, but were idiots who forgot our sqa answers.......... with money.