Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Damnit bioware!!!!!!

rickpArry
12.18.2011 , 11:18 AM | #1
ok, i am pissed at bioware because of all of their stupid cs. i had the security question problem, although now fixed, but they are just doing a god awful job with their telephone service. i mean, seriously, could they just spend 2 hours and update the damn website to rotate the stupid security questions? that would save them alot of money in sub loss and show the people that their trying to do something besides pretending that nothing is wrong with their phone line and spamming their number wherever their is an sqa thread. all that im saying is, is that this is such a simple issue, but bioware isn't doing **** to solve it.

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 11:19 AM | #2
Calm the language. The queue is long because thousands of others are calling to speak to Bioware before you.

You will be dealt with, you just need to be patient and wait your turn in the queue.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Darthshnooky
12.18.2011 , 11:20 AM | #3
Except you're looking at it the wrong way. To you, the fact that it asks only one security question is a flaw or bug. It is intentional by design. Only one question is asked so that someone cannot spam attempts to access your account and find out ALL of your security questions. If someone found out all 3 questions, they would have more opportunities to then find out one of those answers.

Only having access to one question limits the ability of someone else to try to gain access to your account.

Luckmann
12.18.2011 , 11:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Calm the language. The queue is long because thousands of others are calling to speak to Bioware before you.

You will be dealt with, you just need to be patient and wait your turn in the queue.
How long is reasonable? An hour? Two? Four? One day? Two days? Three days?

When is it no longer reasonable? When is it ok to no longer be patient?

I have been waiting over three days for help with my problem. Not a word. Not a peep. Total and complete silence.

See no evil. Hear no evil. Speak no evil.
Bevier, Knight of the EmpireLord Calypso, EU RP-PvP
WTB Jedi Battlelord's Chestguard, Greaves, Boots & Handgear.

Aelisard
12.18.2011 , 11:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthshnooky View Post
Except you're looking at it the wrong way. To you, the fact that it asks only one security question is a flaw or bug. It is intentional by design. Only one question is asked so that someone cannot spam attempts to access your account and find out ALL of your security questions. If someone found out all 3 questions, they would have more opportunities to then find out one of those answers.

Only having access to one question limits the ability of someone else to try to gain access to your account.
Eh? the logic behind that is what?
One security question compromised is all it takes to hack your account.
Weather it is one or 5 it makes no difference whatsoever for your security.
Not rotating the security questions is a design flaw. Especially with their CS being as overcrowded as it is.
12.12. Cause last minute pre-ordering is all the rage

jarros
12.18.2011 , 11:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post

calm the language? its starred out. go QQ some more.

this is a massive problem with such an easy fix. its ridiculous.

renegadeimp
12.18.2011 , 11:30 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckmann View Post

I have been waiting over three days for help with my problem. Not a word. Not a peep. Total and complete silence.

Reasonable is subjective. Everyone has their own definition. It doesnt change the fact that you have to hold on the line and wait in the queue to be answered.

One thing i can say with 100% certainty is that complaining here and hanging up after 5 minutes, definitley isnt going to get your issue fixed.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

PHPer
12.18.2011 , 11:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckmann View Post

I have been having account issues for 5 days, and only response i have so far is "try to wait 48 hours, and see if that helps"
LOL yea the first 5 days i waited was for fun, its the next 2 that matter... Useless customer service.

As Bio's system have eaten my game code imo they stole my money, end of story.

alexmis
12.18.2011 , 11:32 AM | #9
I've been waiting for 2 days for an adequate response about the problem with credit card subscription.I work in a technical helpdesk as an operator, we serve many thousands of people each day, and i'm sorry to say but never in my experience i've seen such client/customer ignoring.

When we are having issues we post something like "we are dealing with it", or "it is being investigated", but here all i see is silence - no answer, no denial, nothing.As if i didn't spend my money to buy their product.I understand that there are thousands of others who want to get help.But i also understand that if you launch a game that supports something like a million of players from the bare start you should set up a call center or helpdesk that is able to deal with all those people and can give a response at least in the same day.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Sapere aude!

Darthshnooky
12.18.2011 , 11:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelisard View Post
Eh? the logic behind that is what?
One security question compromised is all it takes to hack your account.
Weather it is one or 5 it makes no difference whatsoever for your security.
Not rotating the security questions is a design flaw. Especially with their CS being as overcrowded as it is.
No, it makes perfect sense.

If i'm trying to hack your account, and get one question, then i have to find that answer to be able to get in. I have only piece of information to use.

If i can get access to 3-5 questions, however, then I just need to answer any one of them. I now have multiple points to attack to try to find out more about you.

Also, when it comes to phishing emails, if you see something asking a security question, then you know it's not right. If people saw "Here are your five security questions to prove its really us" then they might be duped more easily. It gives someone trying to hack an account far less information to use in trying to do so.