Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's make Nightmare truly NIGHTMARE

AshlaBoga
06.07.2012 , 02:19 AM | #21
BETTER IDEA

Make it so that you only get a certain amount of wipes before lockout. You wiped 10 times on Nightmare Bonethrasher? Locked out of Nightmare Bonethraser for a week

The only issue with this is that HM and Nightmare share a lockout timer. So I guess you'd be locked out of HM Bonethrasher and Nightmare Bonethraser. That's pretty intense right?

Besides if you're masochistic enough to want to try for an 11th time after TEN wipes they'd be doing you a favour
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

wainot-keel
06.07.2012 , 07:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lugosi View Post
I remember guilds doing this in DDO. You died, you deleted your character.

But to ask to have a dev team devoted to content that you can't even get 1 person to agree with you on the forums with, lol. Well there was one guy, but doesn't sound like he wants to do it. He just wants to watch people rage over it.
I was being sarcastic. Did I really need to clarify it ? sheesh...

But if you want things blunt and simple, I think it's an awful idea. Losing your character or losing everything your character has, is ludicrous punishment over a death. Such a thing will be more a source for frustration and grief than a source for fun. It's a game we play to have fun.
Too many things can go wrong. The most uberleet player can make a mistake. One mistake can lead to a wipe. Even if you think you can't possibly make a mistake, you can't assume the same thing about the others. You can't assume you won't have a server connection problem. You can't assume everybody's internet connection won't have any kind of problem. And don't forget bugs and glitches. Way too many things you really have no control over.

But let's say you get 8, 16 people with the "i don't make mistakes-nothing will go wrong" attitude. And you wipe. Will everybody start over from scratch ? And even if they all do, the resentment and blaming game after it, will really hurt the guild.
I doubt BW will introduce a way to produce this much harm among the players.
And now I wonder how many nightmare operations are being run, let's say in a week, and how many of them are wipeless.

Maskadokiller
06.07.2012 , 02:50 PM | #23
I can see extreme nightmare mode being one character per account. Once your character dies your account gets deleted till your next billing cycle. How about a mode that not only wipes your character but also places malware viruses to your pc or even melt your face?

uniz
06.07.2012 , 04:47 PM | #24
wont work

not enough 12 year olds play this game let alone raid. i suppose you want the zone to be full of lightsaber wielding space pandas. now that would truely be a nightmare.

AshlaBoga
06.07.2012 , 10:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
wont work

not enough 12 year olds play this game let alone raid. i suppose you want the zone to be full of lightsaber wielding space pandas. now that would truely be a nightmare.
Why are you describing World of Warcraft? This is a SWTOR forum
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Astoncam
06.08.2012 , 12:04 AM | #26
Yeah. Good luck for testing fight mechanics and say "hi" to our friends "bugs"

< Dark Requiem > Habana - Gunslinger

Encima
06.08.2012 , 04:10 PM | #27
lol
I'm sorry, master, there were COMPLICATIONS. Please don't deactivate me!

Vis-Tecum
06.08.2012 , 11:15 PM | #28
I think nightmare mode should mean the operation is not only harder with some additional mechanics but also reskinned so everything has a horror theme of the operation. kinda like the effected world bosses during the rakghoul outbreak but more like a nightmare zombie version of S.O.A. and Garj in a darker version of the enviorment with flashing lights and visual distractions to mess with your concentration.

not only would it be harder but it would also have a diffrent feel to it than the regular HM ops. and since you have already killed them once it makes since they are dead now

it would never happen and might be intensive on your computer but it would be cool
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Vankris
06.09.2012 , 06:08 PM | #29
you are describing an hardcore mode, upon death your character cannot be revice and/or all his gear is lost.
I don't think it's a good idea, in fact, i think it's a terrible idea on so many level.

What i could get being is a title similar to the immortal title in wow, it's basically exactly what you are describing, but only reward success

I do think optional boss with limited time or attempt would be nice too. That way, raiding would not be so much about how much time you can devote to it, but a bit more skill oriented, since, in theory, everyone would have the same amount of time/try on that particular boss.

one thing you said, i didn't like. You said, nightmare should be only very slightly more difficult, but, i don't agree with that as well. Nightmare should be nightmare, very difficult, with only a handfull of guild capable of meeting that challenge, for everyone else, there is the hard mode and story mode, there should ba content for everyone, there should be a difficulty level optimal for everyone.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

alifaraaz
06.09.2012 , 09:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vis-Tecum View Post
I think nightmare mode should mean the operation is not only harder with some additional mechanics but also reskinned so everything has a horror theme of the operation. kinda like the effected world bosses during the rakghoul outbreak but more like a nightmare zombie version of S.O.A. and Garj in a darker version of the enviorment with flashing lights and visual distractions to mess with your concentration.

not only would it be harder but it would also have a diffrent feel to it than the regular HM ops. and since you have already killed them once it makes since they are dead now

it would never happen and might be intensive on your computer but it would be cool
Even though its a purely visual thing that wouldn't make much difference it would be a really cool idea. I thought about it myself few weeks ago, having like a stormy skies, dark colour.theme, bosses appearing either zombie ish or like beasts on steroids with red eyes etc lol
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]