Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel Advanced Class Guide

Megatfx
09.28.2012 , 08:27 AM | #11
This guide has so many inaccuracies it's unbelievable.

GalnarDegana
09.28.2012 , 09:21 AM | #12
I welcome your input, would you like to clarify?
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

Svelok
09.28.2012 , 12:11 PM | #13
Meh, looks like a well written guide to me. Thanks for the update .

GalnarDegana
09.28.2012 , 01:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Svelok View Post
Meh, looks like a well written guide to me. Thanks for the update .
Thanks! I admit I don't know everything, so any input is always welcome. I like to think of class guides on the forums as a way to share knowledge by incorporating suggestions into the guide as we go.
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

bagyo
09.29.2012 , 12:30 AM | #15
I think after Force Leap, Overload Saber, Zealous Strike you should use Cauterize then Merciless Slash, as MS have a chance to reset Cauterize = more burns

Ryat
09.29.2012 , 07:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by bagyo View Post
I think after Force Leap, Overload Saber, Zealous Strike you should use Cauterize then Merciless Slash, as MS have a chance to reset Cauterize = more burns
That is a good suggestion for Gold and above. I find though for Strongs that it doesn't really matter as they are just about dead and so the Dispatch works better.

Lynnx
10.11.2012 , 07:08 PM | #17
This is an awesome guide!! It helped me a lot. Thanks for posting.

grallmate
10.11.2012 , 07:38 PM | #18
I noticed a couple of minor errors:
- The Sage heal you want to interrupt is actually Deliverance. Benevolence is only used to lure out an interrupt due to poor Force efficiency.
- Sorc/Sage bubble is more a proactive heal, the only reason not to use heavy hitting attacks when they have that is to burst them down once its gone but the damage required to kill them doesn't change.
- Inspiration seems to be raid wide in Ops atleast. Our Sentinel is always in the opposite group to me but I often notice the Inspiration buff on my bar. I have also notices the heals from his Zen effecting me. I'll test it more when I get home.

Hopefully I'm wrong about about Inspiration since if i am I just found a nice way to boost my raids burst DPS. Might take some getting used to for the healers though.

GalnarDegana
10.12.2012 , 10:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by bagyo View Post
Ah, good idea. I think that is what I ended up doing most of the time, at least for the initial rotation. After you get into the rotation, Merciless is usually up and Cauterize is not, so it gets priority. But yeah, you will definitely load up more damage on the front end with a Cauterize -> Merciless Slash -> Cauterize, if you can get it off. Thanks for that, I will update it.

Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
I noticed a couple of minor errors:
- The Sage heal you want to interrupt is actually Deliverance. Benevolence is only used to lure out an interrupt due to poor Force efficiency.
- Sorc/Sage bubble is more a proactive heal, the only reason not to use heavy hitting attacks when they have that is to burst them down once its gone but the damage required to kill them doesn't change.
- Inspiration seems to be raid wide in Ops atleast. Our Sentinel is always in the opposite group to me but I often notice the Inspiration buff on my bar. I have also notices the heals from his Zen effecting me. I'll test it more when I get home.

Hopefully I'm wrong about about Inspiration since if i am I just found a nice way to boost my raids burst DPS. Might take some getting used to for the healers though.
Thanks for letting me know on Deliverance. My sage is too low to have Deliverance yet, so I didn't realize that was better. The Consulars and Inquisitor classes are all a mystery to me, since I can't seem to get above level 20 with them before I get bored lol (no offense, of course, I just have a short attention span I guess).

I actually did know what you said about the Sorc/Sage bubble, I just didn't put it very well in the article, so I will try to clarify that a little bit. It is one of the weird ones that protects from damage, but has a limit of how much it can take that you can DPS through, unlike with Dodge or a Guardian Saber Ward for example. It honestly doesn't really fit in with the other skills, but I wanted to clarify what the bubble you see is.

As for that last one, it definitely used to not be Ops wide, but I honestly hope you are right and it is now. I will check and see. Maybe Bioware did a stealth buff in the background. I think it really should be Ops wide, as it only makes sense.

I'll come back and make these changes a bit later today. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Crawelc
10.12.2012 , 11:54 AM | #20
Server is down and Im bored. Has anyone ever tried right clicking on the stacks you get from ataru form zen? I sometimes find the guy I poped it to kill is dead and id like to start building centering again. Can you remove that buff whenever you want?
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.