Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No ability to talk to friends no matter what character theyre on?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
No ability to talk to friends no matter what character theyre on?

iceizfrozenn
06.05.2012 , 05:21 PM | #1
This feature should have been added in from the start. Why do we not have the ability like WoW does to just add each others email addresses so we don't have to be the same faction, server, etc and just be allowed to talk to one another without having to be on the same server and same faction? It is annoying and I think it would be very useful to add.

RayceUlrand
06.05.2012 , 05:27 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by iceizfrozenn View Post
This feature should have been added in from the start. Why do we not have the ability like WoW does
Because this isn't World of Warcraft, though I guess that doesn't stop people from immediately comparing it to World of Warcraft.

Wish I could be that thoughtless and simple.

At any rate, if you care, add it into the Suggestion Box and see what the feedback is.

iceizfrozenn
06.05.2012 , 05:32 PM | #3
I'm not saying it is Wow im just implying that we could use this great feature.

Calerxes
06.05.2012 , 05:35 PM | #4
Use Raptr or X-fire's in game chat systems and your done. Simple.

Qaballa
06.05.2012 , 05:35 PM | #5
Indeed, this was in City of Heroes/ Villains years ago, could talk to buddies cross faction, even across servers all by the use of a global handle. Why more games don't do it I really have no clue

Calerxes
06.05.2012 , 05:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Qaballa View Post
Indeed, this was in City of Heroes/ Villains years ago, could talk to buddies cross faction, even across servers all by the use of a global handle. Why more games don't do it I really have no clue

Because there are a few 3rd party apps that do this so use them.... MMORPG's Overwolf is another.

Tahana
06.05.2012 , 05:49 PM | #7
The one thing I hated about wow.. If i wanted to log on and just kill virtual junk because i had one of 'Those Days' i had to listen to the constant yammerings of others that I really didn't care to talk to... Most of the list was cool, but not having the ability to 'hide' myself at times was just plain stupid.
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

Kissakias
06.05.2012 , 05:54 PM | #8
SWG had it all perfect in this
cross faction chat
cross faction trade
a general (server) channel that all and i mean all factions and ppl from all planets can talk each other
SWG didnt need an LFG at all with that general chat channel
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--39400--achievement points--

Darth_Urtani
06.05.2012 , 06:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RayceUlrand View Post
Because this isn't World of Warcraft, though I guess that doesn't stop people from immediately comparing it to World of Warcraft.

Wish I could be that thoughtless and simple.

The fact that you can't seem to realize that SWTOR is exactly like WoW (not necessarily a bad thing) with minor differences shows your ignorance.

Besides, why wouldn't people compare the two games? The combat is the same, they are both MMO's, the game play is the same, etc.
CE VIP

Bossa_Nova
06.05.2012 , 06:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Calerxes View Post
Because there are a few 3rd party apps that do this so use them.... MMORPG's Overwolf is another.
That's ridiculous. The player-base shouldn't have to rely on third party apps to communicate with their in-game friends, especially in a game like SWTOR that encourages having multiple characters.

This game has the beginnings of a global handle system in place already with the legacy system. Make the legacy account-wide, and available from level one of your first toon. Then add an @Legacy chat option. Throw in the options to hide from all, hide from non-friends and hide from non-guild, and the game becomes a lot more user-friendly.