Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blondesolid
06.06.2012 , 09:41 AM | #31
Not that it's a big deal, but ops/scounds got their self heal bonus dropped from 9% to 3%. They had to do something, it wouldn't be appropriate to not touch the two classes at all in a patch

RangerBeo
06.06.2012 , 09:43 AM | #32
All I can say is great post OP..seriously...this is the kind of detail I enjoy seeing when a new patch comes out. Overall I like the approach you are taking with class balance...I know there will be numerous threads crying foul and we were nerfed to death...but lets see what the PTS tells us after some good testing. These are just my personal thoughts and not meant as any sort of expert opinion. Thanks for the great write up....it is appreciated.

psi_overtake
06.06.2012 , 09:45 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Exiled-Phoenix View Post
See, pvp.
pvp kids crying all day long and making the game worse for people.
I barely ever see any asassin tanks in pve.
Most guilds use powertechs or juggernauts.
Our experiences differ, then.

Quote: Originally Posted by RangerBeo View Post
All I can say is great post OP..seriously...this is the kind of detail I enjoy seeing when a new patch comes out. Overall I like the approach you are taking with class balance...I know there will be numerous threads crying foul and we were nerfed to death...but lets see what the PTS tells us after some good testing. These are just my personal thoughts and not meant as any sort of expert opinion. Thanks for the great write up....it is appreciated.
And this
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 09:47 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Thank you SOOO much for the tank love!!!!
^This! It's been a long time coming.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

darthwretch
06.06.2012 , 09:51 AM | #35
u guys need to fix the force replenishment ability of sage/sorcerer heal spec as thoose classes are atm the crappiest healers in the game unlike operatives/scoundral or bountyhunter/commando they arent able to hold up theyr force during massive and extreme healing moments. the health for force ability all fine and all but the force u gain from that u will loose emidiatly on your healing,unlike the scans and stuff the other healing classes have! my main is an operative and never had energy problems with operations/flashpoint for healing on sage however all you end up is being low on force! ive checked internet and asked many sages and sorcerers and they all tell me the same,there is no good rotation for thoose healers as after 1.2 that class got screwed up bigtime!!! same goes for the pvpgear!
thx bioware for leting me grind my pvp gear for the first 3months and then make it completly obsolete from in 1go after 1,2!cheers for that i wont forget it! lost allot of subscribers with that one isnt it???

JeramieCrowe
06.06.2012 , 09:55 AM | #36
P.S. - What's the perfect way to know that classes are pretty close in balance? Every healer calls their class the crappiest healer in the game.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

swifferdude
06.06.2012 , 09:57 AM | #37
Yyyesssss!!!! Snipers ftw
POT5 PvP
My Youtube channel: GrassianGaming
I play a variety of classes! Check it out, like, and sub!

RocNessMonster
06.06.2012 , 10:03 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Thank you SOOO much for the tank love!!!!
You mean nerfing threat management? That's turrible, let's clone WOW even more. Tanking wasn't hard to begin with and with those changes it'll become mindless. Paying a little attention to what I'm doing which made playing tank enjoyable instead of like in the other game.

I guess that's the overall goal in everything in the modern world, condition the populace to be as mindless as possible.
I need about tree fitty.

Ewgal
06.06.2012 , 10:06 AM | #39
I thought after reading the PTS 1.3 patch notes that the class balancing looked very fair and was clearly thought out. Well done Bioware. This will greatly improve SWTOR and I certainly will keep my subscription to the game.
May the farce be with you

BenPaisley
06.06.2012 , 10:07 AM | #40
First of all, thank you for actually giving us some GD information. I would like to see more posts like this in the future rather than the devs saying that new features are coming "soon"

Secondly I think that the Merc needs an armor buff because they are so soft in PVP.

"Boo hoo! This game is exactly like WoW!" Then after Beta testing "Boo hoo why don't they have auto attack like on WoW!"